PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods daily d series setup suggestions

Brut
06-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I have a 93 cx hatch with a jdm non vtec d15 in it. I want to boost it running low boost and use the car for daily driving.

Turbo manifold: I am going to use the stock CX manifold with the 14b adapter plate. http://www.bmcrace.com/14bhf.html

Turbo: a dsm 14b/td05 sounds good?

Fuel injectors: DSM blue tops 450cc

Fuel pump: Walboro 255lph ( is it really necessary since I would be running low boost)

Oil lines: I'll buy some from a H-T Sponsor

Intercooler: Front mount off of ebay? Is this a bad idea?

BOV: I'll buy a greddy or possibly the 1g dsm bov?

Engine management: Get my stock ecu chipped and tuned?

Is running around 4psi on this setup possible? Suggestions on what psi I should be running daily on?

bpoweredhatch
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
you will be good on 4 to 7psi

scttydb411
06-19-2009, 11:02 PM
I have a 93 cx hatch with a jdm non vtec d15 in it. I want to boost it running low boost and use the car for daily driving.

-GOOD-Turbo manifold: I am going to use the stock CX manifold with the 14b adapter plate. http://www.bmcrace.com/14bhf.html

-GOOD-Turbo: a dsm 14b/td05 sounds good?

-GOOD, DON'T FORGET RESISTORBOX-Fuel injectors: DSM blue tops 450cc

-YES, NECESSARY-Fuel pump: Walboro 255lph ( is it really necessary since I would be running low boost)

-GOOD-Oil lines: I'll buy some from a H-T Sponsor

-GOOD, DON'T GET ONE OF THE CRAZY LARGE ONES...ONE THAT IS THE SIMILAR SIZE TO THE OPENING OF THE BUMPER IS FINE-Intercooler: Front mount off of ebay? Is this a bad idea?

-GOOD, STAY AWAY FROM THE EBAY RFL STYLE. GREDDY, HKS STYLE, OR 1G DSM IS FINE-BOV: I'll buy a greddy or possibly the 1g dsm bov?

-YES, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS-Engine management: Get my stock ecu chipped and tuned?

-6 TO 8 PSI AT A MINIMUM-Is running around 4psi on this setup possible? Suggestions on what psi I should be running daily on?

D3UC3S
06-19-2009, 11:17 PM
buy my turbo mani for 50 bucks...cast iron

00CiViC00
06-21-2009, 11:46 AM
i run 10 lbs on my stock Daily driven D16 with a TD04 ....., quick spool and lots of tq ,
but i atleast suggest some ARP headstuds, n let scotty chip it and tune it for ya