PDA

View Full Version : Project NATAL

Blitanicle99
06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyway, apparently this has been in the works since Nintendo Wii was in the making.

This is a system that hooks up to your Xbox 360, I just found out last night and I am still researching.

Heres a few videos, you will be blown away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYonyqHIoc

At about 40 seconds into the first video the girl is playing a racing game. Keep watching and she uses a clutch, brake and gas to control the car as well as a shifter.

Z0_o6
06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
WOW.

ItsBlack
06-18-2009, 08:30 PM
yeah saw this about a month ago. shits crazy! i noticed one flaw in the video, when the dude scans his skateboard his hand is over part of the logo but it still shows the complete board. but its a demo video anyways

Blitanicle99
06-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised no one else commented.

99hatch
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah i saw this at e3, it really is awesome, crushes the wii.

T.C.
06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Ya, you can say the geek really came out of me when I saw this at e3 cause I was talking loud and pointing at the t.v. in disbelief. It is truly an amazing time that we live in as far as gaming goes. I have had just about every system except the 3DO and to watch home gaming develop to this is just remarkable. XBOX has already had over 7million people sign up for the social network site that is going to be for the Natal. Oh ya, the Wii is nothing even close as far as platforms are concerned. The Natal doesnt utilize a controller. In fact that is their slogan, "You are the perfect controller"

DemonEyez
06-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Its a cool tech alright.

but I see it being used as a replacement for a remote control for controlling menu's etc. and partially used in game to read body language, leaning etc. but seriously can you guys imagine playing a whole gaming with nothing but the body motion control? seriously? boxing game anyone if you play for 4 hours? no way. you will still need the regular controller

and if you do go all out and use your whole body motion to play for hours, kudo's cus you'll prolly lose alot of weight.

junior_tm
06-23-2009, 05:24 AM
is there any date for its realease? i want one

Paul
06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
microsoft has a but load of amazing technology being developed currently; their kitchen OS they are working on to categorize your food, remember recipes, make to do list, etc all voice/touch activated is pretty cool. i could see us in the next 5 years being closer to the Minority Report touch screen world for everything computer related. shit even malls now have the touch screen coke machines ;)

Corolla_TC
06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
that is insane. i wonder what the price tag for this thing will be? i also wonder how it differentiates the players movement from ambient movement? i can't say that after the wii, i didn't see something like this coming but i honestly didn't see it coming this soon.