PDA

View Full Version : Double Layer of tint?

jle254
06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Alright guys i really need some help. Originally i have a Honda Civic Coupe 08 and i put on 15% tint. Now that i am getting some sound i decided to change to a double din head unit and i am pretty shure that it would brighten up the inside of my car. I am deciding on whether i should get another layer of tint or not. I dont want to get another layer of tint and make it limo tint or darker then limo. I would just like to get another layer to get it dark enough but not as dark as limo so what percent should i get. Also does anyone know any negative side effects of a double layer tint? Or know anyone that has double layer that has been perfectly fine?

speedminded
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Alright guys i really need some help. Originally i have a Honda Civic Coupe 08 and i put on 15% tint. Now that i am getting some sound i decided to change to a double din head unit and i am pretty shure that it would brighten up the inside of my car. I am deciding on whether i should get another layer of tint or not. I dont want to get another layer of tint and make it limo tint or darker then limo. I would just like to get another layer to get it dark enough but not as dark as limo so what percent should i get. Also does anyone know any negative side effects of a double layer tint? Or know anyone that has double layer that has been perfectly fine?If you can't see your head unit's display with 15% tint then you need a new headunit.

But to answer you question, as long as the tint is properly cleaned you can layer it. The only problem you will have is being pulled over for illegal tint.

jle254
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh its not that i cant see the headunit from the outside i was just afraid it would brighten up the car.

speedminded
06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh its not that i cant see the headunit from the outside i was just afraid it would brighten up the car.ohhh lol! Worried that a small double DIN LCD screen will be lighting up the inside so much others can see in?

jle254
06-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Haha well something like that i guess. But i always wanted darker tint anyways and i know other places charge like an extra 100 to remove it and re tint so i was wondering if it would be a bad idea to double layer because i know some people do it.