PDA

View Full Version : Best friend or your girl?

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
scenario:
you have a friend thats a girl. best friends since you were old enough to talk. you have a girlfriend that youve gone out with for 2 years. all the good/bad stuff that comes with a relationship is there. your girlfriend use to be friends with your best friend before you met your girlfriend. but drama happend between them like girls normally have. the shit talk, rumors all that good stuff. girlfriend doesnt approve of your friendship with your best friend. what do you do?

Catnip
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Tell her to grow the fuck up. You can be friends with who ever the fuck you want because you're a grown ass man and she's not your mommy.

dabuilding
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
tell her to get the fuck over it or kick rocks

One_Bad_SHO
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
If your girlfriend respects you and trusts you, she wouldn't try to tear apart a friendship if said friendship has no direct involvement in drama surrounding your relationship. As long as the drama between the two of them did not involve you, there is no reason you should be put in a situation like this. That's pretty selfish on her part.

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
yea that was my first reaction. but it doesnt work all the time.

Catnip
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
yea that was my first reaction. but it doesnt work all the time.

Like one bad SHO said, if she doesn't respect you enough to respect that... then she can kick rocks, like dabuilding said.

If it "doesn't work like that", then she's not a very good bitch... lulz

Greddypacked
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Talk to her about it in a easy way. Dont argue w/ her or be raising your voice at her. If you talk w/ her about it easy and a mature way she might understand and hear you out easier.

toxxxic
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL, tell your girlfriend to grow a pair & suck it up.

FRIENDS before S/O's always in my book. Who's gonna be there 10 years from now ?? YOUR FRIENDS -- not the girl who is pissed because she doesnt like your best friend.

she needs to get over it and GROW UP.

wantboost
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
it depends on how much you are hanging out with your "best friend" lol

Catnip
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM

FRIENDS before S/O's always in my book. Who's gonna be there 10 years from now ?? YOUR FRIENDS -- not the girl who is pissed because she doesnt like your best friend.

See, the bitches agree with me :D

toxxxic
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
let me ask you another thing -- how does your best friend feel about you dating this girl?

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
If your girlfriend respects you and trusts you, she wouldn't try to tear apart a friendship if said friendship has no direct involvement in drama surrounding your relationship. As long as the drama between the two of them did not involve you, there is no reason you should be put in a situation like this. That's pretty selfish on her part.

my best friends bday is coming up and i stopped talkin to her for a while because it just kept bringing trouble in the relationship so i just wanted to avoid it. but i told her id go out and have a drink with her where she was having her dinner party. i asked the gf if she wanted to go and she flipped. she did the whole"go i dont care" thing, and then she started packin her shit and leaving.
lets see, after reading her 100 page text essay let me see if i can dissect out her point.

she feels that i never see things her way, and that i never have her back. she doesnt understand why i can be friends with somone who doesnt respect her. she doesnt get support/love and i dont sacrafice enough for her. she doesnt want to be around stupid people and that im insensitive for trying to be fair. she feels that ive made her equal to my friend.

and this is just a quick summary

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
it depends on how much you are hanging out with your "best friend" lol

thats the thing. i dont hang out with her. shes got a gf too. i stopped because the gf got mad. i only hung out with her with other friends too. so its not like a me and her moment going on.

oh and my friend hates my gf. they dont get along. but she is still my friend despite me dating her. the thing is my friend knows a lot about the girl i am with now all the bad stuff and all the other shady shit that went on before i met her. she never approved but she didnt give me shit for going out with her.

dabuilding
06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
im with the birthday girl on this one

Catnip
06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
she feels that i never see things her way, and that i never have her back. she doesnt understand why i can be friends with somone who doesnt respect her. she doesnt get support/love and i dont sacrafice enough for her. she doesnt want to be around stupid people and that im insensitive for trying to be fair. she feels that ive made her equal to my friend.

Y'all aren't friends to talk about her and what not, if your friend doesn't respect her, that's between them... not you and your friend.

To be honest, it really just sounds like she needs to grow up a little, bro.

BABY J
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM

QFt!!!!

Girlfriends come and go (until the one that you make your wife... and even then it may not last)... friends (REAL) are forever. Easy choice kid.

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Y'all aren't friends to talk about her and what not, if your friend doesn't respect her, that's between them... not you and your friend.

To be honest, it really just sounds like she needs to grow up a little, bro.

yea ive said that many times, but in her eyes, im the one who needs to. everything gets flipped on me, and it got to the point where i stopped fighting back. anyways thanks for the advice, im getting off work now and for some reason IA doesnt work on the home comp.

QFt!!!!

Girlfriends come and go (until the one that you make your wife... and even then it may ot last)... friends (REAL) are forever. Easy choice kid.

but shes sooo hott.

Sledlude
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
it sounds like you already have your mind made up, and u just need to hear others state the obvious.

im with birthday girl as well, and everyone else... because that kind of crazy behavior only gets worse. drop it like its hot.

BABY J
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds like to me you're being a pussy and not putting your foot down. If it's that easy for her (your gf) to give up 2+ years together on some bullshit, then it should be just as easy for you to.

Unless there is a REAL good reason, your gf isn't your mom and shouldn't choose your friends. This is typical female shit... "I don't like her so you shouldn't either" :rolleyes: --- girls do shit like this all the time. I've LITERALLY heard GIRLS say shit like this to other girls --> "I can't BELIEVE you are friends w/ her and you KNOW I don't like her!!" LMAO. SO FUCKING WHAT that's between yall!!! Get over yourself. :)

BABY J
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
but shes sooo hott.

Wow... sounds like you need to read my blog on here and learn some shit about relationships and women...

I should charge for this shit --> http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78385

Enjoy. And the last post in this blog should be forwarded to your gf.

oneSLOWex
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Tell her to get over it or GTFO....its that simple....you cannot let her come between friends whether they are male or female.

Maverick
06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds like to me you're being a pussy and not putting your foot down. If it's that easy for her (your gf) to give up 2+ years together on some bullshit, then it should be just as easy for you to.

Unless there is a REAL good reason, your gf isn't your mom and shouldn't choose your friends. This is typical female shit... "I don't like her so you shouldn't either" :rolleyes: --- girls do shit like this all the time. I've LITERALLY heard GIRLS say shit like this to other girls --> "I can't BELIEVE you are friends w/ her and you KNOW I don't like her!!" LMAO. SO FUCKING WHAT that's between yall!!! Get over yourself. :)

fosho. yea im going to the bday, and ive already told her if she wants to leave she can leave. i just wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. thanks again, peace.

Catnip
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Good luck man.

0p7!mu5
06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
my best friends bday is coming up and i stopped talkin to her for a while because it just kept bringing trouble in the relationship so i just wanted to avoid it. but i told her id go out and have a drink with her where she was having her dinner party. i asked the gf if she wanted to go and she flipped. she did the whole"go i dont care" thing, and then she started packin her shit and leaving.
lets see, after reading her 100 page text essay let me see if i can dissect out her point.

with respect bro girls gotta go. thats a friend from when you were younger. Not for nothing your girl is gonna have to suck it up for real. I had the same talk with my gf roughly and she shaped up quick. just explain it like this fi there was gonna be something between you and your friend does your girl really think she would be in the picture compared to someone you have known that long? And also she wouldnt like it if you told her to ditch a childhood friend so she should just drop it or just drop her. Bro's before hoes man

AlanŽ
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
LOL. This thread is pretty funny. Guess it's just a sign of the times. I posted the EXACT same cituation and everyone told me to get rid of the best friend and now it's like everyone has grown up and finally seen the light.

In all honesty dude you need to just get rid of her. My ex-girlfriend said the EXACT SAME FUCKING SHIT. And what makes my cituation worse is that the two of them HAD NEVER EVEN MET!.IDK how old she is bro but sounds like she just isnt mature enough to be in a relationship.

Maturity does not come with age.

TheGodfather
06-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Kill them both.

Simple solution.

iarenick
06-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Friends are just girl's that you haven't fucked lol

The Ren
06-18-2009, 07:01 AM
There was a girl my ex hung out with I didnt like.. I didnt care he hung out with her, I just didnt want to.. and asked him not to invite her places when the two of us (he and I) were together (She disrespected me by flirting with my ex in front of me and I mean major flirting). A woman should never tell the man she is dating (without probable cause) who he can and can not be friends with.

Dont get me wrong.. if your in a serious relationship there are some things you will have to give up.. I realize that since im in a serious adult committed relationship I shouldnt be hanging out with another guy alone.. it's just not right.. but that doesnt mean I have to give up all my guy friends either..

JDMbabe
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM
scenario:
you have a friend thats a girl. best friends since you were old enough to talk. you have a girlfriend that youve gone out with for 2 years. all the good/bad stuff that comes with a relationship is there. your girlfriend use to be friends with your best friend before you met your girlfriend. but drama happend between them like girls normally have. the shit talk, rumors all that good stuff. girlfriend doesnt approve of your friendship with your best friend. what do you do?

inless you were flirting beyond crazy with your bff then thats where i can see she draws the line. but if she's your childhood bestfriend then fuck that she can get over it... thats just jealousy... inless of course you are treating her with better privileges than your gf and giving her way more attention and stuff esp, if you wanna marry your girl someday, then your gf and bestfriend need to work shit out and get along of she can gtfo

Sammich
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM

i really dont think he wants his gf having what he has..na meen

but...as far as it depends on you....fuk it..shes not ur wife:lmfao:

Elbow
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Continue being her friend, dump all your friends to keep the girlfriend happy and controlling and if shit goes downhill, you will walk out of the relationship with nobody to hang out with or talk to and spending your time trying to make up lost ground.

redblackfan
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
lay down the law

Andr3w
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I tell the girlfriend to get over it. And in the future if she leaves you then go out with the 'best friend'

Oz10
06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I vote threesome.

collins
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Continue being her friend, dump all your friends to keep the girlfriend happy and controlling and if shit goes downhill, you will walk out of the relationship with nobody to hang out with or talk to and spending your time trying to make up lost ground. and THATS the damn thuth!

The Ren
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
and THATS the damn thuth!

sounds familiar eh?

Greddypacked
06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree w/ alot of what people said, but on the other hand I listen to other people's advice but I would still make my own decision on the case. I couldnt break up w/ a hot chick that I liked alot on the advice others gave me. Put into consideration what people have said and make your move. If it doesnt work out atleast you know you didnt decide on others behalf and you did what was best for you. Goodluck to ya.

3.5altman
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Your girl just wants some attention homie. thats it! But she gotta understand you got friends and she has to trust you, unles you gave reason not too:)

AnthonyF
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Continue being her friend, dump all your friends to keep the girlfriend happy and controlling and if shit goes downhill, you will walk out of the relationship with nobody to hang out with or talk to and spending your time trying to make up lost ground.

Which is something I almost did. Never again.

-Ant.

VoodooJC
06-19-2009, 10:23 AM
what do you do? really? you do what you want and she deals with it. you're a MAN, don't forget that.

Maverick
06-19-2009, 12:35 PM
after a couple days of hearin her bitch, the foot is down....thanks for all the help