PDA

View Full Version : General Chat HID Question?

Joshb0809
06-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Just a quick question.. Any body know of a reliable site to buy HID's online.. Im looking at 8000k for my 99 maxima..

toxxxic
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
PM Nitro.

97_c1vic
06-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Talk to this guy... Bought many kits from him before. Very great prices too. He has kits low as $55 for the whole kit or the slim ballast for $75. Plug and play also!

http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230148

sirkus
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
You both beat me to it.. reps for the good info :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Or...

Buy from me and get a lifetime warranty :)

See sig for link.

1SICKLEX
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Please get 6k. 8k will just piss off other people and you won't be able to see as well either. Also if you don't do a correct retro HID housing, well its just going to blind folks.

6000 is pure white and a great look at least do that.

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 03:27 PM
My personal favorite is is 6K. Good light output and and great color!

Some love the color of 8K and 10K or brighter. That is why I offer them all. I can't hate if someone wants a little color in their HIDs!

Sammich
06-17-2009, 03:27 PM
NITRO OR THERES A GUY ON MAXIMA.ORG

BUT I PREFER NITRO, HE'S MORE FRIENDLY, ESP TOWARDS THE MEN FOLK

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Here are the prices for my XenonWorks kits...

Single Beam with Normal Sized Ballast: $55
Single Beam with Slim Ballast: $75
Bi-Xenon with Normal Sized Ballast: $90
Bi-Xenon with Slim Ballast: $110
Canceller Kit: $25
HID Relay: $15

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Changed.

Sammich
06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
MAY I ASK..WHATS A CANCELLER KIT?

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
As far as color temp, it depends on the kits. I have sold some that were heavy blue in the 8k, some that are not. I had an IA member buy a 10k from me the other day and thought it was a 6k because it was not a heavy blue...so I swopped it for the Navy Blue. IMO, 6k or 8k will be perfect. The only difference is you will see a little bit of blue in the 8k.

Sammich
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
removed

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
MAY I ASK..WHATS A CANCELLER KIT?

Canceller Kit is for Dodge/Chrysler/European vehicles.

On all Dodge/Chrysler vehicles from around 99 and up will flicker with any HID kit installed on them. This is because there is a drop in voltage between the 55 watt stock bulb and the 35/55 Watt HID kit. The CPU sees this drop in voltage and assumes their is a lamp out. So it attempts to restart the lamp. So the CPU will turn off power to the lights and resend them. Depending on the exact model, some will do this every 15-20 minutes, some will make it look like a strobe light. This is also on some models of European vehicles, but most are fine without it.

The Canceller kit is a small plug 'n play kit that plugs in between the harness and ballast that will not allow the CPU see this drop in voltage and will allow the kit to run properly.

oneSLOWex
06-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Talk to this guy... Bought many kits from him before. Very great prices too. He has kits low as $55 for the whole kit or the slim ballast for $75. Plug and play also!

http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230148

I have purchased from that company also. Def. good people and very easy to deal with as well as quality kits!

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I have purchased from that company also. Def. good people and very easy to deal with as well as quality kits!

JUST PM'd you.

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
What does a 'true warranty' mean? Are you implying something?

Not all Dodge vehicles 99 and up will flicker. It really first off depends on the kit itself and the internal electronics. Then you have the vehicle itself. I have seen two Dodge Magnums side by side and both the model year. One needs just the kit and one needs kits and OBC canceler. Seems that some are simply 'more sensitive'.

Also 'most' european vehicles is a pretty broad catch all. Neither my 96 or 99 3 Series has a OBC error and both have my HID kits in the low beams(and fogs on the vert).

speedminded
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
So how does everyone sell after-market HID kits when you're subject to a $5,000 fine for each offense plus prison time? :doh:

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 05:59 PM
roflmao

Off-Road Use Only Jason. Like for racing and such ;)

If anyone has any HID questions make a new post or PM me. I am not going to get sucked into a pointless e-debate.

speedminded
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
roflmao

Off-Road Use Only Jason. Like for racing and such ;)

If anyone has any HID questions make a new post or PM me. I am not going to get sucked into a pointless e-debate.oh yeah, off-road use only...touché haha!

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
What does a 'true warranty' mean? Are you implying something?

Nothing

Not all Dodge vehicles 99 and up will flicker. It really first off depends on the kit itself and the internal electronics. Then you have the vehicle itself. I have seen two Dodge Magnums side by side and both the model year. One needs just the kit and one needs kits and OBC canceler. Seems that some are simply 'more sensitive'.

The difference between ballasts is the bandwidth of power that it can operate properly on. The larger sized ballasts typically can work better on a wider range of power input, where slim ballasts tend to have more problems. This is because slim ballasts are design to be very precise. That and some ballasts come with built-in cancellers. However, I have tested plenty of them and they did not work along with several canceller kits that did not work 100% of the time.

Also 'most' european vehicles is a pretty broad catch all. Neither my 96 or 99 3 Series has a OBC error and both have my HID kits in the low beams(and fogs on the vert).

If you reread my post, I stated that most european DID NOT need it.

All of my answers were more based on my HID kits and the 25+ other styles I have sold or tested over the last 5 years of selling them and how they react to certain cars. Even though I used to sell your ballasts too. ;)

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 06:18 PM
So how does everyone sell after-market HID kits when you're subject to a $5,000 fine for each offense plus prison time? :doh:

Like Dinan said, you need to sell it under a "Off-Road Use Only" label. I have it on all my websites.

However, if Customs finds them then they do not care and will destroy them anyway. I lost my $10,000 (actually what I paid) order just last week thanks to Customs/DOT. Tons of companies are losing their orders. Metra for example has stopped selling them because of it even though they were one of the largest HID sellers in the US.

speedminded
06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Like Dinan said, you need to sell it under a "Off-Road Use Only" label. I have it on all my websites.

However, if Customs finds them then they do not care and will destroy them anyway. I lost my $10,000 (actually what I paid) order just last week thanks to Customs/DOT. Tons of companies are losing their orders. Metra for example has stopped selling them because of it even though they were one of the largest HID sellers in the US.Cojones grande my friend. All worth the risk I presume!

oneSLOWex
06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Cojones grande my friend. All worth the risk I presume!

Thats what I said dude....thats a SHIT TON of money to lose out of nowhere!

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I was shock too. I have imported well over 100,000 HID kits and have never dealt with this before. I have talked to plenty of companies that have went through it and it is not pretty once they start giving you fines you and stuff.

Like I said before, Metra was one of the largest HID sellers in the US along with probably being one of the top seller and they stopped it last month due to Customs.

However, it will only slow me down about 2-3 weeks as I rearrange and reclassify my orders to ensure this doesn't happen again. After that, business as usual I guess.

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I will admit I mis-read the euro part of your post.

speedminded
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I will admit I mis-read the euro part of your post.Can we all hug? No homo. lolol!

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
We can.

Jason. When can we hang out or take some pics or something? Srs. I haven't seen you in like forever.

no homo

DynamicSound
06-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I will admit I mis-read the euro part of your post.

It is all good.

speedminded
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM
We can.

Jason. When can we hang out or take some pics or something? Srs. I haven't seen you in like forever.

no homoI called Karl Dragojlovich Saturday night after setting up a last minute Le Mans meet & greet to watch the race in Alpharetta but I didn't have your number. You going to the BMWCCA event this Sunday? No hugs..maybe a fist bump lol

DinanM3atl
06-17-2009, 08:35 PM
It is all good.

Good Good.

I called Karl Dragojlovich Saturday night after setting up a last minute Le Mans meet & greet to watch the race in Alpharetta but I didn't have your number. You going to the BMWCCA event this Sunday? No hugs..maybe a fist bump lol

I am going to go to that Speed and Mischief thingy. It is up my way and a bunch of people wan to see my clapped out BMW vert.

Joshb0809
06-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Ok so back on the thread i started originally..

What is best? Single beam or Bi-Xenon??

speedminded
06-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok so back on the thread i started originally..

What is best? Single beam or Bi-Xenon??Just out of curiousity, do you even know what you are asking?

Joshb0809
06-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes.. Just trying to get an opinion

The Bi just angles higher when you use the high beam correct?

speedminded
06-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes.. Just trying to get an opinion

The Bi just angles higher when you use the high beam correct?The single beam HID's do not have a high beam. There is no high beam. Hence being called single beam HID.

If you only have one bulb for your high and low then it has a dual filiment inside. If you put in a single beam HID then you will not have a high beam. The Bi-xenon has both the high and low built in to one bulb.

Joshb0809
06-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah i knew that already lol..

Then heres a question that I dont know?

Are the Bi-Xenon on low beams just as powerful as the single beam xenon or do you have to have the high beams on bi to match the single beam xenon??? Did i make sence?

speedminded
06-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah i knew that already lol..

Then heres a question that I dont know?

Are the Bi-Xenon on low beams just as powerful as the single beam xenon or do you have to have the high beams on bi to match the single beam xenon??? Did i make sence?I put headlights inside my headlight so my lights could be lit while they are lighting?

A single beam HID is equal to a low beam. It is the low beam only.

A bi-xenon HID is both low beam and high beam. While switched to low beam it is equal to the low beam above. Switching it to high beam makes the appearance equal to a high beam.

DynamicSound
06-20-2009, 11:44 AM
The most common form of Bi-Xenon is the "-3" series.

When you switch to your hi beam, the bulb itself moves to shoot it at a higher angle. That is all. It is the exact same bulb, exact same brightness, exact same power, etc...as the lo beam. Just now shooting at a higher angle to give you a hi beam.

Joshb0809
06-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I put headlights inside my headlight so my lights could be lit while they are lighting?

A single beam HID is equal to a low beam. It is the low beam only.

A bi-xenon HID is both low beam and high beam. While switched to low beam it is equal to the low beam above. Switching it to high beam makes the appearance equal to a high beam.

Smart ass lol. Alright well I understand now. I just wanted to make sure i knew the difference between them both. Didn't mean to make it out way more than it was.

DinanM3atl
06-20-2009, 01:41 PM

When you switch to your hi beam, the bulb itself moves to shoot it at a higher angle. That is all. It is the exact same bulb, exact same brightness, exact same power, etc...as the lo beam. Just now shooting at a higher angle to give you a hi beam.

People don't realize how much light goes out if you reflect the bulb up and/or move a reflector and it just throws light everywhere!

speedminded
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
People don't realize how much light goes out if you reflect the bulb up and/or move a reflector and it just throws light everywhere!Especially when it's completely the wrong lens in front of it so vision is actually worse than the orginal bulb ;)

...but it looks good and blinding to other drivers! :doh:

Kevykev
06-20-2009, 02:51 PM

When you switch to your hi beam, the bulb itself moves to shoot it at a higher angle. Just now shooting at a higher angle to give you a hi beam.

Is that how aftermarket kits work?

I know with oem applications a shield operated by a single solenoid is raised and lowered controlling the output.

DinanM3atl
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Is that how aftermarket kits work?

I know with oem applications a shield operated by a single solenoid is raised and lowered controlling the output.

That is what happens. Essentially allowing the light to be 'thrown' farther down the road.

Unless you have some type of housing like an OEM 3 Series that is how it is going to work.