PDA

View Full Version : Misc Diet Plans & Workout Routines, Healthy food, etc

slow_hatch
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, I am now pretty determine to lose some weight in get back into shape. I've already pretty much have cut out coke like products and have started drinking just water with the occasional Poweraid etc. Now I need to start watching what I am eating. What are some good general rules/ideas you fit guys are sticking too?? Started jogging again the other night as well, going to keep this up start doing some push up sit ups etc. ANy other advice???? Thanks

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
06-21-2009, 01:24 AM
gatorade over powerade.. powerade has tons of sugars that are not good. gatorade after you work out to get back the sodium you lost.

just take it slow and build up. if you want to lose weight watch your calories and do more cardio than weight training. weight training will help you tone and strengthen up a little bit. i like to mix up my cardio between running and playing basketball or some other sport because it builds up your sprint endurance and your long distance. everyone is different as far as dieting so just test various diets and if it works stick with it if not try a new one.

the no carbs after 5pm diet doesn't work for me. i just eat clean. I cut out fried foods eat fruits versus chips etc.. i like to track calories because it forces you to focus on it when you eat throughout the day. the best thing is to cut out all the sugars.

try to do light meals more frequent through out the day. it works for some people. it help to "shrink your stomach" so your not just stuffing your self to your full. you just have to learn to understand that eat is not eating til your belly wants to explode. just be consistent with whatever you do and you will see success. dont push to hard. just do it the safe and healthy way. 2-4 lbs each week should be a goal. which means you have to cut out about 5000-7000 calories a week for 2 lbs each week. so excercise, eat better, and you will be on your way to losing weight.

if you can i would say swim alot. just because it doesn't put any stress on your joints and it is a full body workout. hope this helps. i am not pro but this is just some of the things i have learned while trying to diet and get back in shape

RL...
06-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Lift weights, as in work out your lower body, core, and upper body and everything in between regularly, as well as do cardio atleast 3 days a week.

Eat a diet consisting of mainly protein, and low carbs. No junk food at all. No chinese food etc...lol

You will lose weight if you do that. A lot of weight, fast.

redpanda
06-21-2009, 06:20 AM
but cool ranch doritos and twinkies are so bombbb

RL...
06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
but cool ranch doritos and twinkies are so bombbb

So is being on a beach and having hot bitches hit on you. And going to a bar and having hot bitches hit on you. And being at work and having hot bitches hit on you.

redpanda
06-21-2009, 02:43 PM
touche

slow_hatch
06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
So is being on a beach and having hot bitches hit on you. And going to a bar and having hot bitches hit on you. And being at work and having hot bitches hit on you.

lol, reps :D

Hondatwin23
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Find a couple different routines and see what works for you

Donati03gt
06-22-2009, 11:20 PM
step one is all mental.

you have to want to get in shape. you can talk about it all you want and keep saying o ill start tomorow, or go once and act like you did somethign, push yourself and go to the gym/workout everyday.

2 is food. based on your height and weight and current exercise will determine how many calories you should consume,fish is good, eat alot of protein and light on the carbs. fish chicken veggies and fruit, and protein shakes.

3 is a good workout.

im a certified personal trainer i can help write you a program if your intrested. just pm me.

best of luck !

LostSolVTEC
06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
step one is all mental.

you have to want to get in shape. you can talk about it all you want and keep saying o ill start tomorow, or go once and act like you did somethign, push yourself and go to the gym/workout everyday.

2 is food. based on your height and weight and current exercise will determine how many calories you should consume,fish is good, eat alot of protein and light on the carbs. fish chicken veggies and fruit, and protein shakes.

3 is a good workout.

im a certified personal trainer i can help write you a program if your intrested. just pm me.

best of luck !
couldn't have said it any better.

you can work out all you want but if you eat like crap you'll look like crap. Ever notice how you really want that huge bowl of ice cream then you eat it all and feel like crap after? Yet you'll never want to eat a plain piece of chicken breast and rice but you'll feel pretty normal after.

Everyone is different and it'll probably take some tweaking to figure out how your body reacts to proteins/carbs/fats.

if you don't have time to tweak a personal trainer is your best bet. Heck even if you do have time to tweak they're a great option if you have the money to spare.