PDA

View Full Version : Random *video* '01 Porsche 911 turbo vs. '04 Porsche GT3

Ruiner
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Both Porsches run low 12s @ 116mph +/- stock; basically identical times and trap speeds.

Specs (stock):
* '01 911 turbo - 415hp/415tq - AWD - 3395 lbs
* '04 GT3 - 381hp/280tq - RWD - 3048 lbs

Mods:
* turbo - exhaust (add in heavy, 19" wheels that hurt acceleration)
* gt3 - intake

Direct link:
http://x500.putfile.com/videos/27519012024.wmv - 7.6MB

Putfile page link if the above does not work:
Click here - turbo vs gt3 (http://media.putfile.com/turbovsgt3)

AznTraitor
10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
soooo, the question now is.......

I remeber quite distinctively that you said you do not want your car on film while racing?

or you did it because it doesnt show your car at all?

Cliff
10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Brandon what gear are ya'll going from...it seems you are starting from a good roll and there's not much jump from the downshift (judging by camera steadiness)

Cliff
10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
lol i didn't see brandon's car....i saw a mirror of a black car and a blue porsche gt3....

Ruiner
10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Brandon what gear are ya'll going from...it seems you are starting from a good roll and there's not much jump from the downshift (judging by camera steadiness)

2nd gear on some, 3rd on others.

Cliff
10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
so what about a 50mph roll?

Scgrandprix
10-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Why not try that with a GT2 instead of the GT3

Ruiner
10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
so what about a 50mph roll?

The last one was from ~40mph in 2nd gear.

TranceDJ06
10-03-2005, 07:59 PM
niicceee 1+ on the vids

Repost Squintz
10-03-2005, 10:07 PM
woot woot

Speedm0(\)key
10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
damn.. im weirded out by how much those porsche's sound like my Z

The Golden Child
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
love it +1 dude

Scrappy
10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
damn.. im weirded out by how much those porsche's sound like my Z
believe you have it backwards... your "Z" idols the porsche sound that has been around for years now :rolleyes:

and B! im trading the mazda in on one... be a good downpayment? :D :tongue:

ironchef
10-04-2005, 11:57 AM
You've got a lot more tq to negate that weight difference shouldn't it pull away more? Good run either way.

Ruiner
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
You've got a lot more tq to negate that weight difference shouldn't it pull away more? Good run either way.

Look at the stock ETs and trap speeds for these cars. They are dead even. Gearing, weight, torque, horsepower, power band, area under the curve, compression, etc, they all play a huge part in how a car "pulls".

Ruiner
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
believe you have it backwards... your "Z" idols the porsche sound that has been around for years now :rolleyes:

and B! im trading the mazda in on one... be a good downpayment? :D :tongue:

Ahahahahaha. Yes, it would be a good downpayment. :) Every bit helps, right?

ironchef
10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Look at the stock ETs and trap speeds for these cars. They are dead even. Gearing, weight, torque, horsepower, power band, area under the curve, compression, etc, they all play a huge part in how a car "pulls".Thats true, is the same video you posted on 6speedonline.com? Haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet.

Thrust
10-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Good vid. Maybe one day we could go at it. :goodjob:

Ruiner
10-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Good vid. Maybe one day we could go at it. :goodjob:

That's not my thing, so probably not. I don't typically "go at it" with people that set runs up. Never have and never will. Almost all of mine are impromptu runs with no setup, no previous knowledge, and no prep-work.

For example, "Oh, I lost because my nitrous bottle wasn't at the right temperature" or "You didn't let me warm up my tires" or "I need to stop and get some race gas"... You get the idea.

AznTraitor
10-05-2005, 09:27 AM
That's not my thing, so probably not. I don't typically "go at it" with people that set runs up. Never have and never will. Almost all of mine are impromptu runs with no setup, no previous knowledge, and no prep-work.

For example, "Oh, I lost because my nitrous bottle wasn't at the right temperature" or "You didn't let me warm up my tires" or "I need to stop and get some race gas"... You get the idea.

so, what if you two just happened to be at the same place at the same time, and someone brought up the idea of you two running? technically speaking, that's not really "setup" and more of a "impromptu" run....

Ruiner
10-05-2005, 09:32 AM
so, what if you two just happened to be at the same place at the same time, and someone brought up the idea of you two running? technically speaking, that's not really "setup" and more of a "impromptu" run....

That is how it usually happens, but we are already in our cars. It has been YEARS when we weren't actually "rolling" or already in my car when I have run someone. Almost never are we in a parking lot and then roll out to run. Most of the time, we are on the highway already or perhaps at a stoplight. Talking about it in a parking lot and then leaving to run or something along those lines involves setup. My runs usually involve someone rolling up on the interstate and then going from there. It's that simple..

Like I said, making a "big deal" about running someone isn't my thing. Setting up a time or a place just isn't me. To some, it is. To me, it isn't. It's rather simple.

sixfifty
10-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Look at the stock ETs and trap speeds for these cars. They are dead even. Gearing, weight, torque, horsepower, power band, area under the curve, compression, etc, they all play a huge part in how a car "pulls".

right, you said stock e.t.'s and his weight advantage helps negate the torque advantage. doesn't eliminate it, so don't start your flames just yet. Ruiner, I saw you staring at the black WRX last weekend. guess the vipers were a better match huh? :D

Ruiner
10-05-2005, 09:45 AM
right, you said stock e.t.'s and his weight advantage helps negate the torque advantage. doesn't eliminate it, so don't start your flames just yet. Ruiner, I saw you staring at the black WRX last weekend. guess the vipers were a better match huh? :D

A. What flames? I am explaining that there is more to a pull than torque. Gearing plays a HUGE roll. Also, peak torque is nice, but the area under the torque curve is almost more important.

B. What are you talking about? Black WRX? Please fill me in...

C. Vipers are a better match? Once again, I am lost. Please fill me in...

sixfifty
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
A. You are flaming me with your response itemized like this cause you can't take any questioning of your precious car. And I am sure that you mean torque curve under peak.

B. I dunno the one you were staring down at Barrett last weekend after we got kicked out of Wal-Mart, with the obnoxious gear whine and leaky sounding exhaust.

C. You aparently put yourself on a higher plane than other cars cause it costs more, even though I saw that same '01 911 lose to a blue WRX on 19's...street racing from a dig. it was a couple of summers ago. I know you remember that cause you asked him not to launch hard cause you did not want to break your car.

D. I am posting this in good humor so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Ruiner
10-05-2005, 10:19 AM
A. You are flaming me with your response itemized like this cause you can't take any questioning of your precious car. And I am sure that you mean torque curve under peak.

B. I dunno the one you were staring down at Barrett last weekend after we got kicked out of Wal-Mart, with the obnoxious gear whine and leaky sounding exhaust.

C. You aparently put yourself on a higher plane than other cars cause it costs more, even though I saw that same '01 911 lose to a blue WRX on 19's...street racing from a dig. it was a couple of summers ago. I know you remember that cause you asked him not to launch hard cause you did not want to break your car.

D. I am posting this in good humor so don't get your panties in a bunch.

A. What questions about my car? You mentioned the GT3. I have the turbo. The torque curve under peak is nice, but the TOTAL area under the curve is what matters.

B. Yeah, he was parked next to my car (rather close for no reason). I wanted to make sure that he didn't ding my door. I think that it is the same car. I don't remember any other "black" car like that.

C. Higher plane? No. Wrong guy. Where do you get that assumption from? Lost to a WRX? I actually pulled past him by the end of the run if you remember correctly. It might have been hard to see. HE asked me to launch easy because his clutch was apparently slipping. I launched easy, with traction control on, because he said to launch easy and that he would launch easy. Nothing more, nothing less. He didn't launch easy and I had to play catchup. I didn't say anything about my car getting hurt. You have your facts wrong in this case. I was stock (I think) and he had an upgraded turbo and many supporting mods. That's what I get for listening... However, I can show you a recent 1/4 mile video of the both of us at Silverdollar (I had exhaust then). It wasn't pretty for him . He even redlighted and I still pulled past him. :eek:

D. Fair enough.

Thrust
10-05-2005, 02:06 PM

Thats fine. Its just that a few months ago you were down to meet up.
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=12910
I wasn't trying to start anything. I was just taking you up on your offer.

Ruiner
10-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Thats fine. Its just that a few months ago you were down to meet up.
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=12910
I wasn't trying to start anything. I was just taking you up on your offer.

Yeah, I think that I said that more for just an impromptu meeting up on the highway by chance (like if we were leaving a meet or something). Nothing other than that, though. I really don't like the idea of meeting up somewhere and doing runs pre-planned. The more people that know about something in advance, the more the chance of it getting busted or someone saying something or anything else; you get the idea.

sixfifty
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
sorry for the late response but the guy on 19's hasn't had those rims on the car for well over a year and he moved to Florida 6-8 months ago, so who are you talking about? I don't have the story twisted, I was there, most everyone on here wasn't. It's ok Ruiner, everyone will still love you if have been beaten by a measly little 24k four door. ;) Ask the guy with the SL65 AMG. :D

BufordŽ
10-06-2005, 03:44 AM
You're being a little rough on Ruiner aren't ya'? I doubt he would lie about losing. He's not one to make excuses.

Ruiner
10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
sorry for the late response but the guy on 19's hasn't had those rims on the car for well over a year and he moved to Florida 6-8 months ago, so who are you talking about? I don't have the story twisted, I was there, most everyone on here wasn't. It's ok Ruiner, everyone will still love you if have been beaten by a measly little 24k four door. ;) Ask the guy with the SL65 AMG. :D

Hang on, let me show you the video.... "recently" as in 1 year ago when I raced him at the Silver Dollar 3/S-GA DSM Import shootout. I really dislike it when people get their facts wrong, but here is proof that I walked him and that the first "race" that you saw was him bullshitting me into launching easy so that he could jump out. He had something like a VF-34 turbo or something like that and it happened down by Batlground's old shop. He bitched about his clutch slipping and said that he would launch easy and that I should as well. I agreed, but he lied to me and launched hard. Oh well.

Pause the video below and you see even see that he redlighted on me. It didn't matter, I still caught and passed him anyway with exact same mods that I had when he first raced me.

Enjoy the video:
Click here to watch MOV010523897 (http://media.putfile.com/MOV010523897)

Direct link:
http://s2.putfile.com/videos/27808501524.mpg

Ruiner
10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
You're being a little rough on Ruiner aren't ya'? I doubt he would lie about losing. He's not one to make excuses.

I never make excuses when they aren't warranted. This situation, however, deserves to know the REAL story as to what happened. Like I said, the guy in the WRX (forget his name) asked me to launch easy as his clutch was slipping. I launched VERY easy (even left traction control on) and he launched at around 4500+ rpm; jumped out to a 3-4 car lead. I eventually ran him down at the end, but that was hard to tell as it was further way. Some people will do anything to win a race; including lying. Sad, really. However, look up to see the proof of what happens when we both launch (actually, he jumped early and redlighted - watch the video - notice that jumping early seems to be a pattern with him ;) ) at the same time. :) To think that a WRX with just basic mods traps at over 116mph on pump gas (which is what I trap at) is funny.

sixfifty
10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
OMG! you are such a cry baby! Yes it was down by our old shop, recently is not a year ago. So don't try to bait me. Like I said before I am just giving you a hard time. See what I am talking about you get all pissy when someone talks anything but praise about your car. And in the video yes he red lit, yes you passed him. And What Basic WRX is Trapping at 116? BTW this is Brandon from Batlground. I did not build that car. He and I were once roomates but before the time you two street raced. I have no other interest in this matter except what I saw and what you percieved. hope to see you this weekend.

Ruiner
10-06-2005, 10:38 AM
OMG! you are such a cry baby! Yes it was down by our old shop, recently is not a year ago. So don't try to bait me. Like I said before I am just giving you a hard time. See what I am talking about you get all pissy when someone talks anything but praise about your car. And in the video yes he red lit, yes you passed him. And What Basic WRX is Trapping at 116? BTW this is Brandon from Batlground. I did not build that car. He and I were once roomates but before the time you two street raced. I have no other interest in this matter except what I saw and what you percieved. hope to see you this weekend.

Hi, Brandon. Listen, I couldn't care less if anyone likes my car or dislikes it. People prefer some cars to others. You and I both know that. I get pissy when incorrect statements that affect the outcome of a story are made. No matter who is at fault, I only want the facts in a situation such as this to come out. Lay down the facts and the people can decide. You reported that I said, "to launch easy cause I didn't want to break my car" and that is not true. I was under warranty at the time, what did I care about breaking it? He is the one that stated we should launch easy because his clutch is slipping, not me. That's all that I wanted to be corrected in your statement as that makes a HUGE difference in why the race went down like it did. It explains why he got the "jump" on me just like the redlight explains the jump at the track. Nothing more, nothing less. Why give me a hard time when there is no reason for it? What did I do to you? All I did was post a video...

sixfifty
10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
I give you a hard time cause you posted a video of an unfair race, the result is a given. ( just look at your posted horsepower and torque numbers vs. his) Maybe I shouldn't cause we are not friends, I don't know you well enough to give you a hard time without hurting your feelings. see you this weekend.

ironchef
10-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I give you a hard time cause you posted a video of an unfair race, the result is a given. ( just look at your posted horsepower and torque numbers vs. his) Maybe I shouldn't cause we are not friends, I don't know you well enough to give you a hard time without hurting your feelings. see you this weekend.Why is it an unfair race, both parties mutually agreed to the race, and both most likely had knowledge pertaining to what the other car might have had done to it, I wouldn't call that unfair by any means. A wrx driver with any sort of brains who gets into a race with a 911 tt knows what hes getting into, so if he still does go ahead with it, then its by no means unfair.

Ruiner
10-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I give you a hard time cause you posted a video of an unfair race, the result is a given. ( just look at your posted horsepower and torque numbers vs. his) Maybe I shouldn't cause we are not friends, I don't know you well enough to give you a hard time without hurting your feelings. see you this weekend.

Fair enough. What's this weekend?

sixfifty
10-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Why is it an unfair race, both parties mutually agreed to the race, and both most likely had knowledge pertaining to what the other car might have had done to it, I wouldn't call that unfair by any means. A wrx driver with any sort of brains who gets into a race with a 911 tt knows what hes getting into, so if he still does go ahead with it, then its by no means unfair.

I was talking about the GT3.

Import Showdown @ Silver Dollar.

Ruiner
10-08-2005, 02:08 AM
I was talking about the GT3.

Import Showdown @ Silver Dollar.

Both cars (GT3 and 911 turbo) are dead even stock vs stock (some would say that the edge goes to the GT3). He had an intake and I had an exhaust. Either way, we knew that it was going to be close.

As for Silver Dollar, I won't be there, sorry.

Mike4831
10-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Good video.