PDA

View Full Version : Music Reed Dollaz - west philly

PURP
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Dude is straight fire with his lyrics and shit...

Reed Dollaz vs. trigga. -Reed > trigga-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zp1zUy11Ww

quickdodgeŽ
06-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll be honest...that was pretty good shit. You know if rap was like this, I'd probably listen to the new shit. Later, QD.

cjhutch
06-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Reed has been doing it for a while, but he's too much into the gun talk and that's just not poppin right now. Nobody really wants to hear that. He's a great battle rapper, but I just don't see him being able to drop a full album with progression. He kinda reminds me of Serius Jones, Murda Mook, and jae Millz. All these guys can spit, but it just doesn't translate to the larger level.

PURP
06-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Reed has been doing it for a while, but he's too much into the gun talk and that's just not poppin right now. Nobody really wants to hear that. He's a great battle rapper, but I just don't see him being able to drop a full album with progression. He kinda reminds me of Serius Jones, Murda Mook, and jae Millz. All these guys can spit, but it just doesn't translate to the larger level.

But that's whats wrong with,"rap" these days. Too much BS about cars, movies, glits, and glam. Take it back a few years with people/groups, like Three Six, (before the sell out), Pastor Troy, DSGB, Trillville, Jeezy's first album, TI's first album, Project Pat, Gangsta Boo, and many many more. That's real rap. Dancing in the club and snapping your fingers, is just fucking stupid. Club bangers are only suitible for white suburbia, hitting the club. Rich college kids do the same. Rednecks in jacked up trucks blastin 95.5... It's just so over board. Hip-Hop/Rap is nowhere close to what it was. People like Reed, Millz, etc... bring the streets back in their raps. The rap scene in ATL was the place to be 5 years ago. Now we're as dead as other major cities. No one reps where they're from anymore and takes pride in the life they had to live, to give you a hot track to bump. Bring that shit back, and then you'll be able to call rap, RAP.

/rant...lolol... carry on

cjhutch
06-17-2009, 01:12 AM
That's where you are wrong. Rap is not about what he's spitting. He's just as fake as the rappers talking about how many cars and boats they have. I guarantee you he's never hopped out of a car with a AK and killed someones whole family. I mean really, is that what you want to hear. Rap music is no different than any other form of music. It's self expression and putting YOUR life or YOUR thoughts into words. A little fantasy is fine to throw in there, but it's when you go overboard that it becomes too much. IMO rap music is headed in a good direction right now because the lines are being blurred and there is no distinct path or style to follow. Before it was east coast style and then the west jumped in with their own style that slowed things down a little. Of course you have the south that just brought the beats and club bangers. The best part now is you can listen to a rap song and not be able to tell where a rapper is from and that allows you to just listen. I was listening to a track earlier today by a rapper named J. Cole out of North Carolina and a friend heard it and was like "damn, you stay getting that good NY shit." When I told him the guy was from NC he didn't believe me. Here's the track I was listening to. This is the kinda rap music that I enjoy. I can give you some other stuff if you really want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDdDTdeeGw