PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Accord Brake Problem

FasTech
06-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Alright, hate that so soon I am having to put another "HELP" thread up so soon.

Problem: Just the other day while I was driving into town, I noticed my brakes were kinda mushy. Didn't think to much of it except maybe I needed to put some brake fluid in it. So, I stopped by Napa, and bought some brake fluid. Put it in and seemed fine after. Well, late yesterday night while driving, the brake pedal would sink all the way to the floor but I could let off and have full pedal response but loose it instantly. So, I got worried and just decided to wait until I could make it into town today. I got up and went to town this morning and went to Napa to see what they thought the problem might be but they were closed. On my way back home, I come to a stop sign and apply the brakes to only find out the car is not stopping fast enough. I had to pull the E-brake alittle to stop in time. I can apply the brakes all the way to the medal and the car slows down but takes awhile to stop. I've checked for leaks and nothing. I'm thinking it might be the master cylinder. I've checked over for vacumn lines being un-done and leaks so its the only thing I can think of is the master cylinder or brake booster.

My question: Do you know of any other things it could be? I would greatly apperciate the help from anyone and I will give +13 to any good responses.

In advance, Thanks fellow IA members.

Z0_o6
06-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I am assuming the car has rear drums, look on the insides of both rear wheels for any brake fluid, a leaking wheel cylinder could cause a loss of pressure, otherwise it is most likely an internal leak on the master cylinder, which will require replacement. Definitely address the problem ASAP, brakes are nothing to play with!

FasTech
06-16-2009, 04:10 AM
I am assuming the car has rear drums, look on the insides of both rear wheels for any brake fluid, a leaking wheel cylinder could cause a loss of pressure, otherwise it is most likely an internal leak on the master cylinder, which will require replacement. Definitely address the problem ASAP, brakes are nothing to play with!

Yeah... I looked on/around the rear drums for leaks. Nothing! So, I guess later today I'm going to pick up/or order a master cylinder. And, I thought I was sure enough fucked when the car wouldn't stop right before getting on hwy 42.

Barefoot
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
if u have no leaks in the system id look at the master cylinder.

FASTTECH
06-22-2009, 01:05 AM
its proably cause its a peice of shit! lol why not crush it and buy something worth while!

Z0_o6
06-22-2009, 01:22 AM
its proably cause its a peice of shit! lol why not crush it and buy something worth while!

motion to ban the troll.

FasTech
06-22-2009, 05:43 PM

If this is who I think it is.... Atleast my car doesn't grind EVERY gear. (Even while shifting in low rpms). If its the other person.... Your car is a slow turd that I would never pick over my accord. lol.

lanning
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
lulz QFT

FasTech
06-23-2009, 03:34 AM
lulz QFT

OFT huh. Well guess what.... I'm willing to bet its in better condition than your car, buddy.

Revmaynard
06-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Yeah! Your car is the suxors! lol

DeeAOne
06-23-2009, 04:09 AM
why are we awake? its freaking 5AM. lol