PDA

View Full Version : Emmissions

Hondak20a3
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
just got a motor swap and 5 speed swap and its throwings a check engine light with sumthing to do with an electrical problem. i was wonderin if that electrical problem would make me fail emmissions?

dereksi
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Whats the code?

Hondak20a3
10-03-2005, 05:20 PM
not really sure its just sumthing to do with electrical my right blinker makes my engines rpms go up and down lol its really wierd

Hondak20a3
10-03-2005, 05:20 PM
but it did it b4 the swap

dereksi
10-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Something is wired wrong for sure,and yes the check engine light will most likely cause you to fail emissions most places wont even test it with the light on.

dereksi
10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I say go back to who did the swap cause your blinker changing your rpmsis def not what its supposed to do.

D16Civic
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
If i remember right, the swap had nothing to do w/ it, it was throwing that code beforehand, not sure what could cause that to happen tho.

But to answer ur question, w/ a check engine light on you will NOT pass emissions

Hondak20a3
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
great i neec to get that shit straight

Vteckidd
10-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I say go back to who did the swap cause your blinker changing your rpmsis def not what its supposed to do.
car threw ELD aka Electrical Load Detector LONG before it ever came into our shop.

he has a chassis ground bad somewhere, and it has nothing to do with the motor or transmission or the swap.

When you turn his right blinker on, the lights get dim and everything pulses to the blinker. so its a ground problem somewhere.

No phillip you will not pass, with a CELthey wotn even test your car

Hondak20a3
10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
where can i go to get sum1 to find out where that wire is wrong and did yall fix the exhaust leak?

99SI
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
where can i go to get sum1 to find out where that wire is wrong and did yall fix the exhaust leak?
One of these days you are going to learn how to use PM's. Mike and Charles are GREAT guys to deal with and are more than happy to help out customers. I for one am getting sick of you sending out broad open ended questions that to some people could be misconstrued as you putting some blame on the shop. I know that you are happy with the work that they did but use your head and call them, pm them, or email them. You will tend to get more shit done that way. My :2cents:from a very satisfied Mainstream customer! Take it or leave it.

00CiViC00
10-05-2005, 08:03 PM
hes not blaming the shop hes trying to ask a question ...where in his post does it say MAINSTREAM fd up my shit b c of my swap....nowhere....hes asking questions just incase of the slim chance that someone else has had and or fixed this problem......

Hondak20a3
10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
i have not said "mainstream" in any of my post and its not any of u god damn business of what i post and who i post about. and like i said in an earlier post QUOTE=Hondak20a3]but it did it b4 the swap[/QUOTE]
i didnt even blame mainstream i was asking a damn fucking simple question about fucking emmissions and every1 blows it up to how i bad mouth mainstr5eam all they time. personally i think u need to stay out of mine and mainstreams business but thats just me. i mean how much money and business did i give them? alot i could have said a whole bunch more shit that i didnt. i never mentiond mainstreams name once in any of my post so why dont u fuck off and mind ur own damn business

Vteckidd
10-07-2005, 10:26 AM
i have not said "mainstream" in any of my post and its not any of u god damn business of what i post and who i post about. and like i said in an earlier posti didnt even blame mainstream i was asking a damn fucking simple question about fucking emmissions and every1 blows it up to how i bad mouth mainstr5eam all they time. personally i think u need to stay out of mine and mainstreams business but thats just me. i mean how much money and business did i give them? alot i could have said a whole bunch more shit that i didnt. i never mentiond mainstreams name once in any of my post so why dont u fuck off and mind ur own damn business

Phillip a few words of advice:

1) 99SI has spent WAY more money than you have with me, thats not the point this isnt about money.

2) Watch who you mouth off to on the internet, cause chances are you will run into them eventually. 99SI is always up here at the shop. remember taht 99 Blue SI i was driving for a few days that revved to 10,000 rpms, thats his car. he got a full motor build done.

3) the issue is that your car wont pass emissions, take it to another mechanic, or make an appt to drop your car off here and we will see if we can fix it.

I think what everyone is saying is, even if i posted how to fix your problem, none of you guys know how to fix it cause you are not as mechanically inclined as a shop or tech is, not yet. and reread what you post cause it can be construde the way you said your first sentence that it was the fact that you got a swap done that you had a CEL, which was not the case.

you should have said:
"my car was throwing an ELD code when i was involved in an accident several months ago. MY car just recently got a swap put in it, and the code is still present. what are some ways to get rid of or find out whats causeing this CEL? thanks."

not:
"i just got a swap and im throwing a CEL and i cant pass emissions."

i know what you were trying to say, so im not pissed or upset, i just had to clarify. Good Luck

dohc_ls
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
but it did it b4 the swap

but on another note he did post that it was doing it before he had the swap done

BTEC
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
WELL SAID MIKE. IF NE BODY READS THIS AND C U HAVE A CEL AND CAR NOT PASSING EMISSIONS, ITS AUTOMATICALLY LINKED TO THE SWAP BC THAT WAS THA LAST THING DONE TO UR CAR AND EVERYBODY KNOWS MAINSTREAM DID THE SWAP.

EmminoDaGreat
10-07-2005, 11:52 AM
lol... damnit boy..

EmminoDaGreat
10-07-2005, 11:54 AM
i think he said somewhere in that post hes gonna beat some ass..... does anyone else see it?

Vteckidd
10-07-2005, 12:06 PM
lol

99SI
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
i have not said "mainstream" in any of my post and its not any of u god damn business of what i post and who i post about. and like i said in an earlier post but it did it b4 the swap. i didnt even blame mainstream i was asking a damn fucking simple question about fucking emmissions and every1 blows it up to how i bad mouth mainstr5eam all they time. personally i think u need to stay out of mine and mainstreams business but thats just me. i mean how much money and business did i give them? alot i could have said a whole bunch more shit that i didnt. i never mentiond mainstreams name once in any of my post so why dont u fuck off and mind ur own damn business

Mike and Charles are GREAT guys to deal with and are more than happy to help out customers. I for one am getting sick of you sending out broad open ended questions that to some people could be misconstrued as you putting some blame on the shop. I know that you are happy with the work that they did but use your head and call them, pm them, or email them.

First of all you obviously have reading comprehension skills. Get a dictionary and look up the word MISCONSTRUE. Ok, now that you understand the meaning of that word lets continue. Some of the posts that you have made might lead some people to believe that the shop did something wrong. I have had several problems with my car since my build, including; A broken cv joint, an idler pulley fly off and destroy every belt on the car, multiple belts coming off, odd idling. But the fundamental difference between you and I is that I know when you run the shit out of a car and use it for what it was built to do, shit is GOING TO BREAK! Now, you missed a very important part in what I was trying, as nicely as I could, to tell you. That part is that if you have a problem with your car you don't have to post up for every jackass that thinks they know about your car to give you advice. You now (at least you should) have a relationship with a great shop with great people that can help you out when you have a problem. Now, lets take a look at a prime example of a post that to someone that didn't know any better may have thought bad about mainstream:

well ok i just got my car back and i have babied it everywhere, i havent done anything to it and ihave only had it for like 3 or 4 days now, wellits doin the same exact thing that my automatic transmission did...it wont go into any gears at all and i dont know what i did b/c i havent like done anything to it if that makes any sense... i dont see how i could blow a tranny when i havent done anything to blow the tranny and its only got like 7,500 miles on it so if any1 has any ideas on what it is please tell me.

Hmmm, lets see, if you called Mainstream they could have probably said, "Well Phillip your clutch is probably fried from all of the hard launches, your lack of skill driving a manual, as well as your street racing the night after you picked the car up."

But wait, you said, "I have babied it everywhere, I haven't done anything to it."

Why not say, "Hey, I got a swap and didn't put a new clutch in the car, which by the way was stupid as shit. Then I went out driving it like I stole it and now it won't engage a gear."

I hope you are following this post a little better than my previous one, I wanted to make sure that I spelled everything out for you this time. As for me staying out of Mainstream's god damn business, when Mike or Charles tell me to I will. I've been a Mainstream customer for over a year. I have promoted them, told everyone that was interested in any work to go there, given people directions on how to get there, I have supported them to the fullest. My feelings about it are this: When I found a shop that I felt 100% comfortable with, I treated it like a family. You don't air your dirty laundry in public. That's an old saying that you may have never heard but I like to live by it. If I have a problem, I go to them. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about why I have a problem. It has nothing to do with the work that Mainstream has done but my love of pushing my car to (and sometimes beyond) it's limits. Now, if you still feel like you want to be an internet bad ass then I'm sure that we'll meet face to face. (or in this case, your face to my chest) If you still feel like you have something to say to me then we can deal with that if it needs to be dealt with. I don't like to ethug and talk shit because it's not my style. Now, I have tried to be as cordial as I possibly can while explaining to you what you're doing wrong. If I have offended you in anyway, well then, fuck it, you can't make everybody happy. Sincerely, 99SI.

EmminoDaGreat
10-07-2005, 06:53 PM
just an edit for ya homie... he did no "hard launches" and he can drive a manual....or at least i would say he could.... seeing how we taught him and he didnt stall the car out in my presence, maybe an occasional riding of the clutch but thats not going to destroy it....... the only time he raced was against me... from a roll... but thats my info the rest is between u 2

99SI
10-08-2005, 10:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol hes new to 5sp but he couldnt be that bad...or maybe he was i dunno
There were several other people who spoke up and said that they drove the car as well. I'm not trying to argue semantics with you. The whole point of what I was saying is, how you word things can come accross differently than you mean them. If he really is pleased with Mainstream and the work they did, call them if you have a problem. They know his car better than he does. That's it. /thread

Hondak20a3
10-08-2005, 09:31 PM
well i dont like people blaming for stuff i didnt do i raced it like he said from a roll and only once and yea i let 2 of my other friends drive it in a parking lot and neighborhoood for like 2 sec... no launches b/c i knoew i wasnt experienced enough for those and i dint wanna chance ruining my car...but u mkae it sound like i raced it everwhere and gave it hell everywhere when i only ave it hell maybe once or twice..