PDA

View Full Version : AE86 guys...help!

matthewAPM
06-15-2009, 01:50 AM
So I have a AE86 corolla (yes I still will be driving the BMW) and am having some clutch problems. The piston on the clutch slave over extended and now the clutch is gone. YES, I know it needs a new slave (arriving at autozone at 9am) but i would believe that you could still feel the clutch. The pedal is "nothing". I can push it to the floor with a finger, as if the pressure plate is stuck down. Has anyone ever had/ heard of this problem on these cars? Its a GTS btw...

Barefoot
06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
So I have a AE86 corolla (yes I still will be driving the BMW) and am having some clutch problems. The piston on the clutch slave over extended and now the clutch is gone. YES, I know it needs a new slave (arriving at autozone at 9am) but i would believe that you could still feel the clutch. The pedal is "nothing". I can push it to the floor with a finger, as if the pressure plate is stuck down. Has anyone ever had/ heard of this problem on these cars? Its a GTS btw...if i read this right u answered your own question.
The piston on the clutch slave over extended

matthewAPM
06-15-2009, 06:00 PM
well the question still is what is the reason for the pressure plate being stuck down?

I am pulling transmission tonight to get it figured out.

Anyone else got an idea?

matthewAPM
06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
fixed!

Elbow
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
What was it?