PDA

View Full Version : Wachovia Dumb Ass Check Rules

Elbow
06-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok,

My girlfriend deposited a check for $230 into her account on Weds, the next day she checked and it said clear, and said her available balance. So blah blah all is normal.

Friday she checks her balance, the check was sent back to the person who wrote it, AFTER it was cleared and SAID her available balance...

Now they charged her $35 for EVERY time she used it, $1.00 spent...add $35 to it.

She is -$300 something now, because of A CHECK BEING SENT BACK...

Wachovia shouldn't fucking say here is the amount you have, not PENDING or anything, real balance, then a day later say nope my fault. :2up:

Now I have to get her out of it because of a stupid god damn bank. I am going to make her bitch them out for this BS.

/rant.

tony
06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Credit Union>Banks

Seriously, switch to a credit union.

Evil Goat
06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
credit unions....still ftw.

ItsBlack
06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
yeah Wachovia did that to me too once. i haven't take a check since. you gotta be careful with those fuckers!

Wachovia Money
(watch-over-ya) Money

BKgen®
06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
She should seriously cash all her checks from now on, bro. Has it happened before?

Echonova
06-14-2009, 06:31 PM
They clear the balance before hand because as you just learned, the funds from another bank take time to clear. Which is why the Nigerian scams work. The bank will clear funds before they are verified. Otherwise you'd bitch about every check taking 2 weeks to clear. Raise enough stink and they should resend the overdraft charges if it's her first time being overdrawn.

Vicosin
06-14-2009, 06:33 PM
fuck wachovia
relocated my family, then laid off my dad for budget cuts.

Mike Lowrey
06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Available balance indicates that the check was cleared before funds verified, ask Echnova stated. The money is only officially in the account when it shows in the posted balance column.

Echonova
06-14-2009, 06:52 PM
relocated my family, then laid off my dad for budget cuts.I would be waiting outside the building with a baseball bat and ski-mask if they did that to me.

WTF?
06-14-2009, 07:06 PM
thats shit is fucked up and i agree credit unions>banks

EJ25RUN
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Credit Union>Banks

Seriously, switch to a credit union.

correct.

Elbow
06-14-2009, 07:25 PM
She has NEVER had a problem with them before or any issues, so they should help. The guy was a total douche to her, we are going back in the morning.

I told her she should cash them now too.

That makes sense Echo, just kind of messed up when it comes back like this. I now see how those scams work!

SleepingTalon
06-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I have 3 different banks, one of them being Wachovia, and I always ask how long it's gonna take to clear funds. They've been pretty good about it with me. I get wires in/out immediately, and my deposits, even VERY large ones I make (like 250k+), are cleared by the following day. In all my experience with banks, I have always found it best to establish a relationship with whoever the branch manager is (and even some of the other staff), and that usually helps a lot.

tdurr
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I have 3 different banks, one of them being Wachovia, and I always ask how long it's gonna take to clear funds. They've been pretty good about it with me. I get wires in/out immediately, and my deposits, even VERY large ones I make (like 250k+), are cleared by the following day. In all my experience with banks, I have always found it best to establish a relationship with whoever the branch manager is (and even some of the other staff), and that usually helps a lot.

sooo u kiss the managers ass just encase something goes wrong?
amiright :tongue1:

Catnip
06-14-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.bigoven.com/uploads/swisscheese.jpg

quickdodge®
06-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Ok,

My girlfriend deposited a check for $230 into her account on Weds, the next day she checked and it said clear, and said her available balance. So blah blah all is normal.

Friday she checks her balance, the check was sent back to the person who wrote it, AFTER it was cleared and SAID her available balance...

Now they charged her $35 for EVERY time she used it, $1.00 spent...add $35 to it.

She is -$300 something now, because of A CHECK BEING SENT BACK...

Wachovia shouldn't fucking say here is the amount you have, not PENDING or anything, real balance, then a day later say nope my fault. :2up:

Now I have to get her out of it because of a stupid god damn bank. I am going to make her bitch them out for this BS.

/rant.

This is quite possibly one of the most atrocious things I've come across on IA in a few weeks now. Wonders just never seem to cease as I peruse the site and forums and find things like this that just shocks and awes me. Never in a fucking hundred and thirty-seven days would I have thought of this happening. I don't really know what else to say. I never knew you had a girlfriend. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
06-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Seriously, simon, I'd go with her and make sure she complains and see if she can at least recover the overdraft charges, man. Later, QD.

PURP
06-14-2009, 11:59 PM
This is quite possibly one of the most atrocious things I've come across on IA in a few weeks now. Wonders just never seem to cease as I peruse the site and forums and find things like this that just shocks and awes me. Never in a fucking hundred and thirty-seven days would I have thought of this happening. I don't really know what else to say. I never knew you had a girlfriend. Later, QD.

oh my fucking el oh el... fucking epic...

To OP-Sorry to read about the mishap

Elbow
06-15-2009, 07:18 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: That was DAMN good! :goodjob:

Yeah I am going in with her to make sure she doesn't fall in and pay it all because they were nice to her, she would do that lol.

ShooterMcGavin
06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
this would've happened at any bank. checks suck if you don't know/trust who they're coming from, period.

Elbow
06-15-2009, 08:36 AM
this would've happened at any bank. checks suck if you don't know/trust who they're coming from, period.

Another bank may be willing to help out a little and work with you.

Wachovia sucks, period. I mean hell they charge you $5.00 to cash a check from THEIR OWN bank...who does that!? :???:

civic gsr
06-15-2009, 09:55 AM
screw the banks i keep my money under the bed lol

ShooterMcGavin
06-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Wachovia sucks, period. I mean hell they charge you $5.00 to cash a check from THEIR OWN bank...who does that!? :???:

since when?

toxxxic
06-15-2009, 11:47 AM

..... no they dont! LOL. not unless you DONT have an account with them, which in that case, DUH -- the employees dont work there for free. if you want free check cashing, open an account...

and i mean, have her call customer service and ask if the overdraft fees can be taken off, and then go talk to the person who bounced the check....

that's why you dont spend money you dont have..... unless you have money in your POSTED balance, don't spend it.

toxxxic
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
screw the banks i keep my money under the bed lol

what happens if your house burns down? or you get robbed?

now that all of IA knows where you keep your money....

civic gsr
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
but one thing not every body noes where i live at homie
what happens if your house burns down? or you get robbed?

now that all of IA knows where you keep your money....

toxxxic
06-15-2009, 12:13 PM
what if you piss your friend off, or if i see you driving and recognize you from IA and follow you to your house?

people don't thinkkk.

1SICKLEX
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I hate banks. I have multiple accounts. Wachvoia has decent customer service but some of their practices suck. They are good about at least meeting you half way on issues or mistakes. So call the csr service # they might reimburse one overdraft fee and take 50% off the other.

They are all crooked and here to ruin people and they never lose. Credit Unions actually care about their people somewhat.

Since Wachovia is now owned by Wells Fargo, RUN. Wells Fargo is one of, if not THE WORST consumer friendly bank I have every seen.

I have a lot of info (job) dealing with these bastards.

blaknoize
06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
CHASE FTW as far as banks go, although Credit Union's are the bestest

BOut that Wells Fargo comment, Fargo is owned by Chase now, so its not soooo bad.

87 Turbo II
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Go to your local branch and talk to the bank manager(preferably the bank where the account was opened). He can waive most or all of the fees if you talk to them and explain it calmly and clearly(try not to act pissed just say you want this cleared up). I once overspent without any good excuse and he waived $145 of my $160 in fees. With your excuse the whole thing should go over well unless the local branch manager is a douche.

I am also with Wachovia

Elbow
06-16-2009, 07:06 AM
We went to the local bank, the manager was a TOTAL douche, we closed the account. He told her he can't do anything then tried to add more fees on there. He had a horribly rude tone, didn't make her feel welcome at all, told her to sit in the lobby, rolled his eyes, and said I will go see how much you owe us and just acted like a dick. We called their customer service and left a long complaint.

Yes they charge you $5 without an account, NO other bank I have ever been to does that. I could give a shit about their employees because everyone I have delt with has been a total dumb fuck.