PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs Question

jdmda9
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
So im looking to buy some lowering springs from a fellow IA member.

Heres the thread: http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237397

They will come with the shocks as well. But these lowering springs are for an EG/ DC and im trying to put them on my DA teg. I know that the shocks wont work on my setup but will the lowering springs work if i just use my shocks and struts off my DA teg?

Lmk ppl because i dont want to buy something that i wont be able to use. :goodjob:

Humphrizzle
06-10-2009, 01:58 PM
springrate should be different so it wont lower as much as you'd expect but yeah, use DA struts. EG and DA chassis are mostly non compatible.

RBS
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
they will work fine.... the only difference between the DC and DA chassis is the rear shocks on a DA are about 1 inch longer from the spring perch UP.

so in theory it would be "better" to use DC shocks instead of the DA because at a lowered height you would have 1 inch MORE shock travel than with DA shocks with the sacrifice of less "droop".

and then the spring rate thing..... eh, give or take you would either be a few MM shorter or higher than a DC/EG chassis. hopefully this clears up your confusion, with my coupe ive messed around with alot of shocks, springs, ect. alot and this is all from my personal experience :rolleyes:

jdmda9
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
thankz rich!
they will work fine.... the only difference between the DC and DA chassis is the rear shocks on a DA are about 1 inch longer from the spring perch UP.

so in theory it would be "better" to use DC shocks instead of the DA because at a lowered height you would have 1 inch MORE shock travel than with DA shocks with the sacrifice of less "droop".

and then the spring rate thing..... eh, give or take you would either be a few MM shorter or higher than a DC/EG chassis. hopefully this clears up your confusion, with my coupe ive messed around with alot of shocks, springs, ect. alot and this is all from my personal experience :rolleyes: