PDA

View Full Version : This forum needs beef to thrive... Real Talk

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I remember the days of 2004, back when we had clowns like Coreyblade. IA was fun. now we see nothing but the same 6 characters post everyday with their ever so harmless banter. Where's the fun in that? This forum needs balance.
the world cant work without war so why can't we have verbal war with folks here? :thinking:

i consistently recall 2 action packed weeks of IA fun back in 2005 when Vteckidd and xXsomethingXx with the K20 lamboed bass boat white pearled hatchback bashed back and forth like there was no tomorrow. now THAT was fun to read. it was conflicts like that that made me start posting. i NEVER cared to really post prior to that. i was just here for the FS and WTB. I actually posted more on IL (summa ya'll prally dont know bout that)

This forum seems to have died since those days and i think we have quite a few new cats that have no desire to contribute an opinion due to the fear of being banned.

Now i understand the want for lack of clutter in separate sections and thats COOL. but the least we could do is give folks the option of MOVING the BS to the "BS" section. As opposed to instantaneously banning folks for voicing their opinion.

Why ban us? if the bashees cant take the heat let THEM leave on their own accord. I was SLAAAAAAAAUGHTERED by thinkfast®, QD®, Scrappy & etc. but i took it and stuck around and now we are cool peeps. I am not, and wasn't then a bitch that whined about being bashed. It's the fucking INTERNET.

All in all it's not fair that we cannot quarrel with one another. The world isn't perfect. why must we play IA God and FORCE IA to be so? When did IA become fascist? :thinking:

Real Talk. :o

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:29 AM
IA sucks now. End of story.

Thank all the faggot moderators and pansy members running around.

mocha latte cupcake
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM
i would like to point out that i am NOT a faggot moderator or pansy ass member. i'm a Jay Dee Em Supa Modz :goodjob: however real talk.

DJ Maestro
06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I remember the days of 2004, back when we had clowns like Coreyblade. IA was fun. now we see nothing but the same 6 characters post everyday with their ever so harmless banter. Where's the fun in that? This forum needs balance.
the world cant work without war so why can't we have verbal war with folks here? :thinking:

i consistently recall 2 action packed weeks of IA fun back in 2005 when Vteckidd and xXsomethingXx with the K20 lamboed bass boat white pearled hatchback bashed back and forth like there was no tomorrow. now THAT was fun to read. it was conflicts like that that made me start posting. i NEVER cared to really post prior to that. i was just here for the FS and WTB. I actually posted more on IL (summa ya'll prally dont know bout that)

This forum seems to have died since those days and i think we have quite a few new cats that have no desire to contribute an opinion due to the fear of being banned.

Now i understand the want for lack of clutter in separate sections and thats COOL. but the least we could do is give folks the option of MOVING the BS to the "BS" section. As opposed to instantaneously banning folks for voicing their opinion.

Why ban us? if the bashees cant take the heat let THEM leave on their own accord. I was SLAAAAAAAAUGHTERED by thinkfast®, QD®, Scrappy & etc. but i took it and stuck around and now we are cool peeps. I am not, and wasn't then a bitch that whined about being bashed. It's the fucking INTERNET.

All in all it's not fair that we cannot quarrel with one another. The world isn't perfect. why must we play IA God and FORCE IA to be so? When did IA become fascist? :thinking:

Real Talk. :o

Stop whining. :goodjob: :D

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
We enforce the rules..we don't make them...Real talk...

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:33 AM
i would like to point out that i am NOT a faggot moderator or pansy ass member. i'm a Jay Dee Em Supa Modz :goodjob: however real talk.
QFT

Although JM is a weirdo he does post some funny shit and knows how to e-thug :ninja:

Miranda
06-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey Dirty Octopus:

Fuck you... learn to drive...

ok, that's the best I got.

§treet_§peed
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
i would like to point out that i am NOT a faggot moderator or pansy ass member. i'm a Jay Dee Em Supa Modz :goodjob: however real talk. Jay Eeem you still a bitch.

mocha latte cupcake
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
frohawk has a pony tail and drives a miata :lmfao: real talk.

matthew mc motorcycle - your skeeting speed is nothing to be proud of. no one is impressed it takes you mere moments to skeet.

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
We enforce the rules..we don't make them...Real talk...
Well i'm addressing the "Rules" not the "enforcers"

Hey Dirty Octopus:

Fuck you... learn to drive...

ok, that's the best I got.
you so cute :D

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
and for the record, I have been one of the biggest e-assholes on this forum...People have voiced their hate for me...Whatever, I don't care...the fact is that the owner of this forum made some decisions and with those decisions came rules...rules that were designed to foster growth, both in numbers of members and revenue, in order to keep this website, which none of us pay for, running.....

I'm sorry but we don't have too much to bitch about when like I have said many times before, this forum allows its members to get away with waaaaaaaaaaaay more shit than most major forums do...

Doppelgänger
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
There is much more stupid on here now... pretty much anyone with 08/09 registration is a pawn and subject to everything. But the amount of stupid is overwhelming...which is why I don't post very much.

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
and for the record, I have been one of the biggest e-assholes on this forum...People have voiced their hate for me...Whatever, I don't care...the fact is that the owner of this forum made some decisions and with those decisions came rules...rules that were designed to foster growth, both in numbers of members and revenue, in order to keep this website, which none of us pay for, running.....

I'm sorry but we don't have too much to bitch about when like I have said many times before, this forum allows it members to get away with waaaaaaaaaaaay more shit than most major forums do...
what are they getting away with that inflicts so much damage to the forum?

Miranda
06-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Well i'm addressing the "Rules" not the "enforcers"

you so cute :D
:lmfao:

I know I suck at this... my bad. :(

Dirty Octopus™
:lmfao:

I know I suck at this... my bad. :(

sall good boo :D

§treet_§peed
frohawk has a pony tail and drives a miata :lmfao: real talk.

matthew mc motorcycle - your skeeting speed is nothing to be proud of. no one is impressed it takes you mere moments to skeet. Screw your s2k. BMW Z3 wanna be ass twat monkey. :D

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I have other forums that I post on and I only use IA when I'm REALLY FUCKING BORED so I don't really care. :D

§treet_§peed
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I have other forums that I post on. I only use IA when I'm REALLY FUCKING BOREDso i guess that means you stay pretty fucking bored.

Ed
anything goes in the WL and KF.

go start drama with someone if thats what you really want.

and the faggot moderators do what they're told, if you've got a problem with it, take it up with one of the admins.

Dirty Octopus™
I have other forums that I post on and I only use IA when I'm REALLY FUCKING BORED so I don't really care. :D
cuz it lacks entertainment i assume?

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
so i guess that means you stay pretty fucking bored.
Yes.

Between the hours of 9am-11am. Sometimes around 5pm too.

Miranda
Have I mentioned that TheGodfather is a dickless bitch?

BobbyFresco
what are they getting away with that inflicts so much damage to the forum?

At the end of the day, this is a business.
Like it or not, it is what it is...

If a select few on IA are bashing new members day in and day out, the numbers don't grow...If the numbers don't grow, sponsors don't sign on or stick around...

Like I said, it is what it is...a business...

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
cuz it lacks entertainment i assume?
Exactly my friend.

People are posting 'omg it's tuesday v.omgitstuesdayletspostthesameshitwedidyesterday' threads and that's all the action that happens here. Haha, gay! Where's the drama at?

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
anything goes in the WL and KF.

go start drama with someone if thats what you really want.

and the faggot moderators do what they're told, if you've got a problem with it, take it up with one of the admins.

are you taking offense to anything i stated Ed? if so why?

1. i never once called a moderator a "faggot" so please dont put words in my mouth
2. i never said i wanted to drama with anyone.

i simply stated that we need balance. if something gets started outside of WL and KF direct them here. the "BS" forum.

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Exactly my friend.

People are posting 'omg it's tuesday v.omgitstuesdayletspostthesameshitwedidyesterday' threads and that's all the action that happens here. Haha, gay! Where's the drama at?

You want drama, start it homie....

Just keep it contained to the WL or the KF...simple as that...

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM

If a select few on IA are bashing new members day in and day out, the numbers don't grow...If the numbers don't grow, sponsors don't sign on or stick around...

Noobs that leave deserve to leave.

Only the tough survive. Haha atleast that how IA used to run.

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:46 AM
In another forum that I'm on. If people post borderline retarded shit it get's dumpstered or sent to the tardbin where the posts don't go up or people visit often. It's pretty much a garbage section.

Pretty much like the whoreslounge.

Ed
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
are you taking offense to anything i stated Ed? if so why?

1. i never once called a moderator a "faggot" so please dont put words in my mouth
2. i never said i wanted to drama with anyone.

i simply stated that we need balance. if something gets started outside of WL and KF direct them here. the "BS" forum.

DO you're good homey, that was torwads maniac.

I do agree it was fun back then, and we need some of that and none of these bullshit threads "oh i broke a nail, what should i do?" or faggots coming to IA to ask for advice, shit back in the day when some kid asked IA for advice he was flamed to hell; or the daily threads, which i admit, sometimes can be entertaining, but most of the times they are useless; it's nothing like it used to be.

All I'm saying is, anything goes in the WL, except bashing mods or admins. The rules are clear. If you guys want drama, go start it, but in the right section. Don't call out the moderators for doing what they're told.

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Noobs that leave deserve to leave.

Only the tough survive. Haha atleast that how IA used to run.

I understand what you're saying, Alex...and you know I have been on both ends...the one being fucked with and the one fucking back....most prominently being the one doing the fucking with......All I can say is that like Ed and I have both stated, we enforce the rules...we don't make the rules...

If people are that concerned about the new direction in which the forum has gone then by all means, please contact an admin....

One question though..and this isn't directed to anyone specifically :

What major automotive forum allows it members to bash and start drama as blatanly as this forum has?

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:50 AM

I do agree it was fun back then, and we need some of that and none of these bullshit threads "oh i broke a nail, what should i do?" or faggots coming to IA to ask for advice, shit back in the day when some kid asked IA for advice he was flamed to hell; or the daily threads, which i admit, sometimes can be entertaining, but most of the times they are useless; it's nothing like it used to be.

All I'm saying is, anything goes in the WL, except bashing mods or admins. The rules are clear. If you guys want drama, go start it, but in the right section. Don't call out the moderators for doing what they're told.
But bashing moderators is fun. :(

Ed
06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
But bashing moderators is fun. :(

lol honestly, i dont take offense to any of the shit you say to me, and i havent banned you for talking smack about me... but others do...

if it were up to me, you could talk smack about me all day, and i'd be like, whatever. but i cant do anything about it.

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
What major automotive forum allows it members to bash and start drama as blatanly as this forum has?
I know of a few boards that talk about cars and allow flaming to go down. Won't post up the names of 'em cause I don't want faggot members from here to start spamming their homosexuality over on them.

... but like you and ed have been saying. It's the admins fault. Fuck 'em.

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM

i may be a little slow but please do enlighten me and explain the role of the sponsors signing and sticking around. (for real. im no business expert :o )

cuz from what i gather... if i am a "bashed" new member and i'd like to have a sponsor service me why would being bashed by someone irrelavent stop me from getting work done? you can call me a cock sucker mother fucker for posting bad pics all day long but that doesn't erase the fact that i may want Bucky to paint my wheels, silversol to sell me a swap, Mainstream or Battleground to install it, and Dynamic Sound to give me the hookup on 6x9s.

Nobody is going to make me stop using the resources that IA has provided. NOBODY

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
lol honestly, i dont take offense to any of the shit you say to me, and i havent banned you for talking smack about me... but others do...

if it were up to me, you could talk smack about me all day, and i'd be like, whatever. but i cant do anything about it.
I know huh? We need more mods like you.

People just need to laugh it off and either fight back or just say whatever. But noooo... others are quick to get on their moderator panel and click on the ban icon like a buncha of pussies.

mocha latte cupcake
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
i ban alexis b/c its fun, no other reason that that usually :lmfao: besides my banning last all of about 5 minutes usually :lmfao:

i don't honestly think i've banned alex realistically... :thinking:

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
So far the only mods that are in my kewl list are...

- Ed
- BobbyFresh
- Jm

... And I will continue to add more as soon as I start seeing their kewlness.

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM

gotcha. thanks for somewhat understanding where i'm coming from.

i'm only on the other ones to find information. but from what ive seen quite a few words have been thrown around on H-T and to this i day get flamed like an electrical fire on ClubLexus.

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
i may be a little slow but please do enlighten me and explain the role of the sponsors signing and sticking around. (for real. im no business expert :o )

cuz from what i gather... if i am a "bashed" new member and i'd like to have a sponsor service me why would being bashed by someone irrelavent stop me from getting work done? you can call me a cock sucker mother fucker for posting bad pics all day long but that doesn't erase the fact that i may want Bucky to painit my wheels, silversol to sell me a swap, Mainstream or Battleground to install it, and Dynamic Sound to give me the hookup on 6x9s.

Nobody is going to make me stop using the resources that IA has provided. NOBODY

Ok.

New members get bashed. Repeatedly.
A sponsor or prospective sponsor sees this.
Sponsors pay this website to advertise.
Sponsor money keeps this forum running without members having to pay because afterall, money doesn't grow on trees and forums require money to run, not hopes and dreams...
Sponsor decides to drop their support because they do not want to be associated with a web forum that allows it members to rail others based on gender, race, ethnicity, or any other variety of reasons, because it's not a good look...money goes away....

Ed
06-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Can someone please make a drama thread in the WL?

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I've never banned Alex...Most of the shit he says, he doesn't mean in a malicious manner...

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Sponsors are fucking lame.

Real car dudes with REAL cars will continue to go to shops and buy shit from them. Faggot members like the ones who own neons and hondas don't even need to go into the sponsor's section because they buy their shit through other websites.

Shit I have been on this site since '06 and I have NEVER bought shit from the sponsors here. Haha, and I'm sure tons of people haven't. Mainstream I'm sure has great honda people who go, topspeed, batlground, ect have people with subarus and evos that go, hid sponsors don't really get called apon because of nitro. Haha man this site is only really used to post nonsense and drama. This is 100% true.

Maniacc
06-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I've never banned Alex...Most of the shit he says, he doesn't mean in a malicious manner...
I never mean the shit that I say. When people start taking it serious is when I start taking it even less serious LOL

Ed - I'll callout some admins in a min. :goodjob:

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok.

New members get bashed. Repeatedly.
A sponsor or prospective sponsor sees this.
Sponsors pay this website to advertise.
Sponsor money keeps this forum running without members having to pay because afterall, money doesn't grow on trees and forums require money to run, not hopes and dreams...
Sponsor decides to drop their support because they do not want to be associated with a web forum that allows it members to rail others based on gender, race, ethnicity, or any other variety of reasons, because it's not a good look...money goes away....

ahhhh the association part is what i neglected to factor in. thanks Los :goodjob:

okay. with that being said. why does MTV play Eminem videos?
he raps about Gays, Christopher Reeves, drug abuse, & his horrible mother.
I, the Tide® rep, don't agree with his philosophy. but i don't let that affect me and continue to have them play my commercials. does this apply in one bit to the sponsor situation? Or was that a horrible example?

Elbow
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Coreyblade haha, my friend got screwed over by him.

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
but the same can be said with A LOT of other members.

Nemesis for example. he said a car looked like a turd. knowing his character he did not say it with ANY malice in his heart. but what happened? he got banned for 24hrs or so. Who is a mod to judge what is malicious from what is not? everyone should receive the same treatment.

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
ahhhh the association part is what i neglected to factor in. thanks Los :goodjob:

okay. with that being said. why does MTV play Eminem videos?
he raps about Gays, Christopher Reeves, drug abuse, & his horrible mother.
I, the Tide® rep, don't agree with his philosophy. but i don't let that affect me and continue to have them play my commercials. does this apply in one bit to the sponsor situation? Or was that a horrible example?

LOL..this is like beating a dead horse to death...Love you, nukka, no homo but yes...You should google to find out how many videos MTV has pulled in order to not upset sponsors...Shit, even 2liveCrew comes to mind....

BobbyFresco
06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
but the same can be said with A LOT of other members.

Nemesis for example. he said a car looked like a turd. knowing his character he did not say it with ANY malice in his heart. but what happened? he got banned for 24hrs or so. Who is a mod to judge what is malicious from what is not? everyone should receive the same treatment.

That was me who banned him. He knows it. I know that he knows it.
Although I know he wasn't being an asshole it was more of a situation where TWO mods made a warning in one thread...a thread where the last post before his was a warning by me and he, I presume, wanted to test boundaries and so what happened happened....I shouldn't have to explain why I take the course of actions I do as a mod though...and believe me, I like Nemesis and I didn't want to do it....so much so that I asked other mods about it... but like you said yourself, everyone should receive the same treatment...Had it been you, I would have done the same..

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
LOL..this is like beating a dead horse to death...Love you, nukka, no homo but yes...You should google to find out how many videos MTV has pulled in order to not upset sponsors...Shit, even 2liveCrew comes to mind....okay cool MTV was indeed a bad example. i simply didnt know. no dead horses here though. :goodjob:

blacknightteg
06-10-2009, 10:25 AM
shit happens, get over it? :thinking:

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
That was me who banned him. He knows it. I know that he knows it.
Although I know he wasn't being an asshole it was more of a situation where TWO mods made a warning in one thread...a thread where the last post before his was a warning by me and he, I presume, wanted to test boundaries and so what happened happened....I shouldn't have to explain why I take the course of actions I do as a mod though...and believe me, I like Nemesis and I didn't want to do it....so much so that I asked other mods about it... but like you said yourself, everyone should receive the same treatment...Had it been you, I would have done the same..
Please don't take offense to this Los but that's why i rarely post anymore. because of fear of being banned for stating how i really feel about something. Its sad that its come to that. :no:

shit happens, get over it? :thinking:

what are you referring to? :thinking:

IndianStig
06-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Repost x1000.

Agreed though, I miss the drama.

blacknightteg
06-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Please don't take offense to this Los but that's why i rarely post anymore. because of fear of being banned for stating how i really feel about something. Its sad that its come to that. :no:

what are you referring to? :thinking:
just everything in general. i mean i am honestly right there with you when saying that this forum has died down a lot and what have you. its gotten rather boring to me sometimes. but the majority of the reasons why i think that way is because of many of the aimless posts that no one cares to contribute to anymore.

mods and admins invoked these new rules in my opinion to help cut down on the useless banter that goes on where its not even worth it. i mean half the threads that are made are incredibly pointless, more pointless than pointless. this forum still needs to have fun and be worth posting on but it has to have structure and go towards a direction that will help it grow even more over time.

Sol-Badguy
06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey, DO.

I gots internets again.

Catnip
06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I got beef.

Sol-Badguy
06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Chicken ftw.

ALVIN
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
real talk

real talk

Sol-Badguy
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
faux sho

collins
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Have I mentioned that TheGodfather is a dickless bitch?
*cough*he'savirgin*cough*
just a lil sum'sum i heard thru the grapevines... :ninja:

Hektik
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
..:police:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/estaab/MyAuthoritay.png

Sol-Badguy
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
lulz

JITB
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
i dont understand either, y if anyone had a bad experience with a shop or a person thats a sponsor. They cant speak on it.. it just spawns trouble word will get around anyway so it wont matter. Its like if you want to run a shady business, be a Ia sponsor! lol

But i just post pictures...so it dont matter!

Dirty Octopus™
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
i dont understand either, y if anyone had a bad experience with a shop or a person thats a sponsor. They cant speak on it.. it just spawns trouble word will get around anyway so it wont matter. Its like if you want to run a shady business, be a Ia sponsor! lol

But i just post pictures...so it dont matter!
lolz! that's what you and i both have resorted to brother :D

RandomGuy
06-10-2009, 02:13 PM
unfortunately i agree 110% with OP

Tracy
06-13-2009, 09:39 AM
*cough*he'savirgin*cough*
just a lil sum'sum i heard thru the grapevines... :ninja:That explains his angst then! LOL!

Real talk (lol). We have sponsored this forum since we opened our shop. I can honestly say that most of our business does NOT come from this forum directly. I think this place spreads the word, def, but the first 4 years we were open we were a "Supra" shop and most of our business came from Supra forums. By the time we decided to not be a Supra shop anymore, we were getting to be all over tv and mags and I attribute most of our success to that.

So, you might ask why we sponsor this forum. I would say because we like to talk shit ourselves and this is the place to do it...or used to be anyway. I have always said that's why this site got so big to begin with. Personally, I feel like too many things have changed, but then again, according to Alexa...the numbers keep getting better. I'm not sure that can be attributed to the changes. I think that can be attributed to the legacy more than anything.

We used to get bashed daily. Sometimes it would piss me off, but most of the time it was fun. Bring back the fun!

Frög
06-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Me no like fascism..

I said nothing!

:ninja:

quickdodge®
06-13-2009, 10:05 AM
i mean half the threads that are made are incredibly pointless, more pointless than pointless. this forum still needs to have fun and be worth posting on but it has to have structure and go towards a direction that will help it grow even more over time.

I agree 100%. I used to be a WL junkie. Always posting stuff in there, jokes and just plain trying to be funny with regular shit. Now, when I log in, I rarely post in there. It seems every post has something to do with this "loli" crap or some form of "pedo" bullshit. I'm sure the reason why it isn't any amount of funny is because that's all that is posted in there. The people who ruin the WL know who they are. Then when you do try to post a decent WL post, the people that are ruining the rest of it come in and ruin your post as well. Later, QD.

eraser4g63
06-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I just say we mail these when someone gets butt hurt http://www.blackfive.net/files/hurt-feelings-report-da_form_imt_wf1.pdf

quickdodge®
06-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I just say we mail these when someone gets butt hurt http://www.blackfive.net/files/hurt-feelings-report-da_form_imt_wf1.pdf

We're going to mail them a damaged file? Later, QD.

eraser4g63
06-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Link works fine for me, Hold on let me find an image version..

Here ya go
http://theantipimp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hurt-feelings-report.jpg