PDA

View Full Version : radiator problem? need help

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
ok i need help tryin to figure out whats going on with my crazy car.the temp hand was going up and down until i put 50/50 in it. and now its just streaming out of the over flow thingy lol. i dont know what it could be someone please help sorry if i didnt make it clear:???: or could it just be my sleeved block or a blown head gasket

VickNotic
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
that sounds like my problem before which i couldn't find out, til my block threw a rod 8D

i'm thinking when yoru temp was going up and down, you were prolly low on rad fluid, til you refilled it. I'm thinking it went something like this, example when your car was in op temp, while intraffic you temp goes up, until the vehicle was in motion and air was flowing thorugh your radiator it went down. SOMETHING LIKE THat.. that was 99.9 percent that it was just yoru rad fluid running low.

and now if everything is going all good but your reservoir tank is overflowing... I didn't understand that myself as I had this problem, And i've taken this to a few shops to troubleshoot. and they couldn't give me an answer until 1 month later my block threw a rod.. so everything above was taken kared of with the rod through the block 8D.. Chances are your headgasket might be going out, and or prolly a little knick knack onthe headgasket .. it's prolly busted but not to the point where it's damaged yet.. so hopefully you get this taken kare of. Otherwise you'll be in my shoes pretty soon 8D

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
lol wow i hope not when i first started my car for the first time and went 2 min down the road it did it

DirtyMechanic
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
air in the system. if you purged it already real well. sounds like a head gasket or a crack in the combustion camber letting combustion gases into the coolant system with pressure, seeing as you have coolant streaming out of the over flow. you need someone that knows out to di-ag to look at it before you over head that motor and warp the head or block and really cause a problem. if you havent already.

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
i havent drive it that much.i have arp head studs and i had a guy from this site come and put my head on and put it in time but he torqued my head down to like 100 ft lbs and arp only calls for 85. so me and a buddy of mine undone one at a time to 85... but if it was running hot why aint my temp hand sayin its hot?how long should i leave the radiator cap off to bleed the system i ve never done it

VickNotic
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
another shIIt bout my trouble, was my car wont overheat on idle.. I can let the car idle for 1hr and it wont over heat. It only overheats when driving... But I cant seem to find the problem myself either. but like i said up there.

i've replaced all hoses, even the ones I dind't have to fiddle with I replaced them just to get it over with. And i still coud'nt find out, I've taken my car while back to a shop to get a headgasket job, cause that was my last resort. But was test and trouble shot and headgasket passed the test so.. hopefully you'll find out for me.. 8D

try this out though if you have time:

*Jack car from radiator support and bleed it again.. til it bubbles no more..
*take off thermostat and drive it for a while and see how that goes, it's perfectly fine to drive w/o thermostat. it's just there for insurance. It jsut take a little longer to operating temp.
*block off heater core and see if it over heats any, this is jsut to make sure it's not clogged inside the heater core because rad fluid circulates there also.
* check if yoru oil is milkly, smell it, lick it however to find out it's pure oil .. 8D
* symptoms of leakage of rad. fluid in oil is due to blown head gasket.
* when car is in operating temp, hand touch the lower rad. hose and see if it's cool/hot.
* both upper/lower hoses should be warm when fan kicks in .. thats when the thermostate opens up and tells ya..
* what size radiator you using full size or half size.. hand touch the radiator as well, In op. temp see if around it's corners of the rad is any cool/cold. If that occurs prolly just a badd clogged radiator ..
* check radiator cap as well

this was all i had to go through when i started my help thread in this case.. maybe it might work for you.. 8D

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
^^^ i tried two different radiators and it still does the same thing. i took my thermostat out the first day i started tryin to drive it. can i block off the heater core with the hose still on it?and if i start the car up and drive it for even two mins its making a streaming noise out of the overflow. there is no water in the oil nor oil in the water.and both top and bottom hose gets hot

VickNotic
06-08-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah you can block off the heater core or leave unhooked to block.. jsut make sure everything inside the block is circulating. and you loosing any fluid? leaking anywhere? thats a good thing that both hoses are hot.. that means it's circulating then, but hmm yeap i think i'm done know.. your at my shoes now buddy. And i was lost form there on out.

j/w what waterpump you using on your ls/vtec 19T or 22T

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236786

heres my thread when i was trying to fix my problem.. 8D

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 10:28 PM
i dont think its leaking anywhere that i know of. could it be my aebs t sleeves? i wouldnt think it would make it do that should i try to replace all the water hoses also and see what happens?

VickNotic
06-08-2009, 10:38 PM
it wont hurt to try, and i just read about when someone trqed ur head to 100 ft lbs o00Wee how long was this ago, and when did you retrq the head.. well i'm all outer words and go through my Thread and maybe something in there might tell you something else that i didn't explain to ya ...

& you know when you trq the head down theres a sequence in trq it down right?

bpoweredhatch
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
it was just last week and we undone them one at a time in the right order the next day to 85 car hadnt been started and we was told it would be ok.