PDA

View Full Version : some 'idol'

kilpatty43
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20051001/112820376000.html

AznTraitor
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
wtf? it says she dropped out of HIGH SCHOOL......how did she possibly get to highschool without knowing how to read?!

that in itself is a WTF....and needs to be looked into at whatever school system she came from.

Jaimecbr900
10-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I saw that 20/20 show just last night (I Tivo'd it).

She never really went into big detail about what degree of illeteracy she is, but they made a big deal of repeating "functionally illeterate" like a million times. It may mean she knows a little tiny bit, but not much more than that.

I agree, the school district that let her even get as far as she did needs to be looked into.

Her mother and some other family members are on the same boat. They even said that her "signature" song during the show, where she was sitting on the floor and gave a really good performance......she memorized it because she had never heard it before and couldn't read the sheet music. Not bad, but sad all at the same time.

B16a2 Civic
10-03-2005, 09:23 AM
the other idol has a weight problem...oh what has the world come to.

tony
10-03-2005, 09:24 AM
I dont feed into the "idol" thing much but I respect her completely for coming forward like this, there are more illiterate people out there than you think and they are scared to seek help for the fear of being ridiculed. I admire the fact that she was still able to conduct herself respectfully on national t.v, I never really liked her music but I may take an interest now.

I damn near flunked out of high school myself and basically got kicked out of college but I still consider myself to be successful and will continue to be. Not everyone takes the cookie cutter path to success in life.

AznTraitor
10-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I damn near flunked out of high school myself and basically got kicked out of college but I still consider myself to be successful and will continue to be. Not everyone takes the cookie cutter path to success in life.

I dont think that was a point that anyone was trying to get across.....

my main concern is, how did she manage to get into high school being damn near illterate? I mean....who moved her on from elementary, to middle school, to high school? it's basically telling us that somewhere out there, there is a school system that does not care wether it teaches anything or not.....

Leisa
10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20051001/112820376000.html

I read that and I was like WTF?

tony
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I read that and I was like WTF?

wow love the signature there

Jaimecbr900
10-04-2005, 09:14 AM
I dont think that was a point that anyone was trying to get across.....

my main concern is, how did she manage to get into high school being damn near illterate? I mean....who moved her on from elementary, to middle school, to high school? it's basically telling us that somewhere out there, there is a school system that does not care wether it teaches anything or not.....

Exactly!!!! :goodjob:

She dropped out of HIGH school folks. Not Elementary school. HIGH school. By then, students should be able to atleast read and write, so somewhere along the line in her school district somebody dropped the ball big time.

She just released a book that she had to dictate to someone else to be written. Isn't that like super thick irony? A book authored by someone that is illiterate. Go figure.

AznTraitor
10-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Exactly!!!! :goodjob:

She dropped out of HIGH school folks. Not Elementary school. HIGH school. By then, students should be able to atleast read and write, so somewhere along the line in her school district somebody dropped the ball big time.

She just released a book that she had to dictate to someone else to be written. Isn't that like super thick irony? A book authored by someone that is illiterate. Go figure.

well, her CD's arent selling and her concerts arent sold out...so she had to do something.....but I'm sure like the previous two, this will flop.

ahmonrah
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
all i can say to her is .....good luck ...

Kristi
10-05-2005, 01:58 PM
that is crazy. this is supposed to be someone we idolize and she can't read or write. she even said that she couldn't read a CHILDREN's book to her kid. if you can't read a children's book, you are pretty damn illiterate.

Julio
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
If americans are ildolizing american idol winners.. you are an idiot.. Or even if you believe they are idols.

I'm a big fan of the show.. But The people who participate in the show are in no way shape or form IDOLS.

My opinion.

TypeRVtec013
10-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Agree'd