PDA

View Full Version : backfiring?

hmong_Spec
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
im in north carolina right now, fixing to go back home tomorrow. its backfiring like crazy. oh yeah, btw, its a 1994 acura integra. i changed the wires and the spark plug, just that one spark plug wouldnt come out. guessing its stuck in there. is that the reason why my car is backfiring?

Barefoot
06-07-2009, 04:36 PM
bad timing, broken ignition component.

hmong_Spec
06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
well, my car also bogs to, i think thats how u spell it. it bogs like if as ur spark plug wire is bad. sounds like a muscle car when i start the car, and when i step on the gas, its still sounds like a muscle car.

bad timing, broken ignition component.

Barefoot
06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
pull the plug wire for the stuck plug and test the wore make sure its firing. if u have fire there do this.

with the car running pull the spark plug wire for the plug thats stuck. if the car changes tone or anything that plug is firing and the problem is someplace else. if doesnt change tone the isnt firing and u need to fix it.

hmong_Spec
06-08-2009, 08:02 AM
aigh, thanks for the help man.

VickNotic
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
does it just gradually go up on RPM or .. normal?? but sounds like timing though, and spark plugs are hurt somewhere and might want to check onthe order of the spark plugs wire and .

yerrow
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Its actually afterfire

hmong_Spec
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
rpm is fine. the second to the left spark plug is stuck, so i cant take it out. i got a feeling its the spark plug.

does it just gradually go up on RPM or .. normal?? but sounds like timing though, and spark plugs are hurt somewhere and might want to check onthe order of the spark plugs wire and .

hondaxpurt
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
rpm is fine. the second to the left spark plug is stuck, so i cant take it out. i got a feeling its the spark plug.

very well could be, cracked insulator or what not...if thats not the problem, i would say compression test, but thats gonna be hard to test that cylinder with the plug stuck in.....

Barefoot
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
pull the plug wire for the stuck plug and test the wore make sure its firing. if u have fire there do this.

with the car running pull the spark plug wire for the plug thats stuck. if the car changes tone or anything that plug is firing and the problem is someplace else. if doesnt change tone the isnt firing and u need to fix it.if u do that u will be able to tell.

speedminded
06-10-2009, 06:26 PM
What wires are being used? If they are not fresh OEM Honda then replace them.

if u do that u will be able to tell.Exactly. If it doesn't change when that one wire is pulled then it's only firing on 3 cylinders. Muscle car lol.