PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Audi Guys, Need Some Help

03RCode
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Well my Grandmas A4 (1999 1.8T Quattro) was due for an oil change yesterday, so I took it to my buddies shop and changed it. Car was running great, left, made it about a mile up the Rd and the check engine light comes on, and the car starts skipping. I go back to his shop and check the code "Cylinder 3 Misfire", clear the code, head home... no skip. She went to drive it last night, started skipping again. This morning I replaced all 4 plugs, and the #3 coil pack. Car did amazing, but CEL stayed on. Drove it to my buddies shop to clear the codes, and now its throwing "Multiple Cylinder Misfire, and Speed Idle Control?". Keep in mind, at this time it wasn't skipping at all. Go to crank the car to leave, make it about 100 yards, light starts flashing, and it begins skipping again. The skip now is no where near as bad, in fact its more of a stutter really then a skip, and above 3,000 RPM's it clears out. Yesterday it skipped at all RPM's. I talked to the local import mechanic, and he said it sounded like water in the gas. I was doubting it, but figured I'd put some Iso Heet in it just to make sure, of course nothing changed. At this point I'm really confused, and needing to get this fixed as its her only form of transportation.

Thanks in advance, and +Reps for any help.

03RCode
06-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, a little more work today showed that all 4 original coil packs were good, taking back the one I bought Monday. Injector is definitely not the issue as I swapped cylinder 3's injector with cylinder 2. Re-checked gap on all plugs, all were perfect. Got the code scanner again and came out P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire again. When the cars running I can unhook the wiring going into the #3 coil pack and it doesn't affect running at all, tomorrow I'm going to use a tester to ring out the wires going to ECU from #3 coil pack to make sure one didn't get burnt/ripped in two at some point.

b0ki
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Its the ignition module on the intake box.....

03RCode
06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Its the ignition module on the intake box.....

Winner!

+Reps.

Checked it today, sure enough.

AnthonyF
06-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Its the ignition module on the intake box.....That's what usually goes wrong. Crummy German cars. lol

-Ant.

03RCode
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Crummy German cars. lol

-Ant.

QFT.

b0ki
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I love to fix cars over the forums.. :)