PDA

View Full Version : Colored lug nuts

RL...
06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I've seen some ppl with them, and I was thinking about buying some purple ones. Do they hold up well, as in the color. Does it rub off or scratch off with use? If so, how quickly? I don't want to spend $100 on lug nuts if the purple scratches off after a couple months ya know!? Thanks

BABY J
06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
"Colored" huh?

YOU FUCKING RACIST!

http://www.seriouscustoms.com/lmao/racise.gif

87 Turbo II
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
I don't think the color would "come off after a few months" so much as come off when you put them on. any why would you pay $100 for lug nuts of any color?

uproot
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.colorlugs.com/

lol, anyway, i have colored ones, they're cheap, and they chip, but its not that bad, doesn't bother me anyway LOL - as long as they hold my wheels on I'm good

STRteg
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't think the color would "come off after a few months" so much as come off when you put them on. any why would you pay $100 for lug nuts of any color?

X2

RL...
06-05-2009, 12:10 AM

That's what I meant by coing off. Obviously the color wouldn't rub off because time elapses, but I meant as the more time goes by the more times I would have taken my wheels on and off, thus torquing the lug nuts....

I would....I think attention to detail is one things that makes cares different from each other and is paramount in making your car stand out form the others.

Shit, I've seen ppl here post pics of $150 spoon shift knobs, headliner wrapped in 2 yards of alcantara suede which go for $100+ a yard, etc...but I think that stuff is very nice and sets those cars apart from others

But I also could care less about making my car fast so...we just have 2 different perspectives.

uproot
06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
yeah, lug nuts totally make a car...

show me a $150 spoon shift knob, i know mine wasn't that much :screwy:

but yeah, perspective makes all the difference

Zodiac
06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
wtf purple?

dont waste your money.

Captain-Obvious™
06-05-2009, 01:08 AM
That's what I meant by coing off. Obviously the color wouldn't rub off because time elapses, but I meant as the more time goes by the more times I would have taken my wheels on and off, thus torquing the lug nuts....

I would....I think attention to detail is one things that makes cares different from each other and is paramount in making your car stand out form the others.

Shit, I've seen ppl here post pics of $150 spoon shift knobs, headliner wrapped in 2 yards of alcantara suede which go for $100+ a yard, etc...but I think that stuff is very nice and sets those cars apart from others

But I also could care less about making my car fast so...we just have 2 different perspectives.

I you meant you "couldn't care less"

RL...
06-05-2009, 01:35 AM
yeah, lug nuts totally make a car...

show me a $150 spoon shift knob, i know mine wasn't that much :screwy:

but yeah, perspective makes all the difference

Some person on here posted pics of his spoon knob that cost like 120..find the thread yourself. In an effort to make a profit maybe spoon decided to make more than 1 kind of shift knob...has that occurred to you?

And I never said lug nuts make a car. Attention to detail makes a car stand out. Not simply lug nuts. ass.

Now go bring me some COCKTAIL. FRUIT!

BABY J
06-05-2009, 01:54 AM

I think you meant... "I think you meant".

RL...
06-05-2009, 02:55 AM

fail

Captain-Obvious™
06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I think you meant... "I think you meant".

touche

Alcohol owns me, but at least I know proper English. Even if I forget the occasional word or two. :lmfao:

Init2winit
06-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Holy Nopi.

BABY J
06-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Colored lug nuts are pointless w/out the matching colored extended studs.

quickdodge®
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I've seen some ppl with them, and I was thinking about buying some purple ones. Do they hold up well, as in the color. Does it rub off or scratch off with use? If so, how quickly? I don't want to spend $100 on lug nuts if the purple scratches off after a couple months ya know!? Thanks

Go ahead and do it, lolol. You'll increase your "coolness" a fewfold. Later, QD.

MR2DR
06-06-2009, 12:32 PM
just get your regular lugs and then spraypaint that bitch with this:

http://www.themanstoreonline.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Metalcast-2T.jpg

same shit. fucking anodized for like $7

speedminded
06-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Every ricer wants their nuts to stand out. Most are anodized so the coating will rub off and fade over time. You can have regular nuts powder coated but matching the wheel, black, or silver always looks the best.

You could always get a socket set that's coated and lined not to damage the finish. Harbor Freight sells them for $27.99...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40035

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/40000-40099/40035.gif

Best bet is never use an impact on your personal car anyways.

lol...

Nature of Purple:
Purple has a special, almost sacred place in nature: lavender, orchid, lilac, and violet flowers are often delicate and considered precious. Because purple is derived from the mixing of a strong warm and strong cool color it has both warm and cool properties. A purple room can boost a child's imagination or an artist's creativity. Too much purple, like blue, could result in moodiness.

Culture of Purple:
The color of mourning for widows in Thailand, purple was the favorite color of Egypt's Cleopatra. It has been traditionally associated with royalty in many cultures. Purple robes were worn by royalty and people of authority or high rank. The Purple Heart is a U.S. Military decoration given to soldiers wounded in battle.

BABY J
06-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Nature of Purple:
Purple has a special, almost sacred place in nature: lavender, orchid, lilac, and violet flowers are often delicate and considered precious. Because purple is derived from the mixing of a strong warm and strong cool color it has both warm and cool properties. A purple room can boost a child's imagination or an artist's creativity. Too much purple, like blue, could result in moodiness.

Culture of Purple:
The color of mourning for widows in Thailand, purple was the favorite color of Egypt's Cleopatra. It has been traditionally associated with royalty in many cultures. Purple robes were worn by royalty and people of authority or high rank. The Purple Heart is a U.S. Military decoration given to soldiers wounded in battle.

THE COLOR PURPLE

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/030214/132827__color_l.jpg

tdurr
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
lulz.

get a special socket like speedminded said and ull be okay.