PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Lowered Cars; Camber kit vs. no kit, how do they feel?

teh_mugen18
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
When you lower a car, you are indeed supposed to install a camber kit, and get it re-aligned blah blah blah to make it ride nicely and not eat tires like crazy.... But i know that there are a lot of you out there who drop your cars and dont put camber kits in, etc. and drive it as is. Now, me i know that i am one of these people who have done this but recently i ordered a camber kit, and i am getting ready to install it.
Now this part of the thread goes out to those who already have camber kits and have had them for a while, what is it like driving a lowered car with a camber kit, vs driving a lowered car without a camber kit installed, other than the obviously turning your car into a tire-eating machine...

Master Shake
06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
i prefere the camber kit cause it saves the tires from having the inside chewed up. i've had them before and it rode really good. i was happy with the way it was. and i used the kit on both coil overs and springs. i preferre to use springs, cause i don't like smashing oil pans, and i think a car can be too low. don't get me wrong, it looks good, but not my taste.

Turbodude06
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
^ x2 I've had both but honestly I've never noticed the difference, except not having to worry about my tires anymore with a camber kit.....

dazn
06-05-2009, 12:22 PM
put them on. save your tires. street cars dont need that much camber.
you're not gonna be able to tell a difference in your camber unless your on a roadrace track and even then, most new-ish drivers cant tell the difference anyways.
Set your alignment spec to factory and be done with it. If you ever decide to do a trackday, then you can change it up(after youve done some research to get a baseline setup).

Master Shake
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
^x2

the camber will allow more grip in a race, but for the street, its not needed. install them and save yourself some cash from having to buy new tires.