PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock assembly FUCKed up

98blackcivic
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
my driver's side door's lock assembly stopped working so i cannot open my door from the outside OR the inside. itss a 98 civic
i cannot open the door any longer, and my power window is also messed up, i cannot think of any ways to open it.

where do i begin? i dont want to take the car to a mechanic becuz i dont have alot of money and me and my friend have a bit of knowledge since we've fixed alot of things on it ourselves...

how do i take my door apart with it being closed like that?

CaTcH22
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
my driver's side door's lock assembly stopped working so i cannot open my door from the outside OR the inside. itss a 98 civic
i cannot open the door any longer, and my power window is also messed up, i cannot think of any ways to open it.

where do i begin? i dont want to take the car to a mechanic becuz i dont have alot of money and me and my friend have a bit of knowledge since we've fixed alot of things on it ourselves...

how do i take my door apart with it being closed like that? The last one that I had that messed up like that, I had to cut a hole in the door panel and use an impact air hammer to break the lock up into pieces. Then buy a new door panel and latch.

.EKMark
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
On my Mustang all I needed was a can of WD-40 for the inside of the mechanism but I didn't have the problem with opening the door from the inside.