PDA

View Full Version : DA integra fuel pump question

hurlyfire7
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
ive got a 1991 integra, b20b swapd.. my fuel pump is going bad so i got a quote from a local shop ive had work done before, they said 550 including labor!? i thought that was crazy, am i wrong? is it that hard to take the fuel tank off and get in it to replace the pump?

thanks

Murph :ninja:

Barefoot
06-03-2009, 12:20 PM
500 is kinda high 1.5 hour job parts are about 160-220 u do the math. if u wants so far id make an offer to help u out.
ive got a 1991 integra, b20b swapd.. my fuel pump is going bad so i got a quote from a local shop ive had work done before, they said 550 including labor!? i thought that was crazy, am i wrong? is it that hard to take the fuel tank off and get in it to replace the pump?

thanks

Murph :ninja:on the other hand this is y u shouldnt be doing it atleast alone without somebody who hasnt done it before. the tank doesnt need to be drop. there is an access panel under the back seat.

.:Stirfry:.
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
yea 550 is really high:.

i had to replace mine before,&& its quiet simple. and you do have to drop the tank..

it doesnt take long. you just might get a bit dirty.lamo

a pic of a DA tank. the piece up top is what is under the seat. you need to disconect that.
then some plastic pieces covering the fuel hoses by the tank.
then disconnect all the fuel hoses.
then the two tank straps that hold on the tank. thas all.
and make sure theres no gas in it, b/c it can get heavy and unbalanced:.
http://a777.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_8bb3a3d29d8f3e8a5da7c21676933960.jpg

AnthonyF
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Bro, DIY. It's VERY EASY. Pull your backseat out (just the butt part) and BOOM theres the fuel pump.

-Ant.

.blank cd
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM

thanks

Murph :ninja:Hey, I saw you today. You drove past my BP on the corner of Mars Hill and 41

hurlyfire7
06-03-2009, 02:13 PM
yup that was me, makin a pit stop and smoke 911 :goodjob:

anyways.. im gonna try and do it myself, i can order a 2.0 pump and a filter for like 100 bucks which is nothin compaired to what the shop was gonna charge

thanks for all the info guys, helpd me alot!

also, if somebody that knows at least a little bit of what there doing and could help me out a bit.. thatd be great!

Murph :ninja: