PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Mustang Wins...

Nemesis
06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com//musclecars

Starrfire
06-02-2009, 06:59 PM
For that kind of money I would never buy any of those cars, unless you like driving boats. I'd buy a 370z, better in every field for the same money. They compare to Porche Caymen S not some "lead sled throwback" that weighs about 500-1000 pounds more than the original cars. There is a reason domestic car companies are going out of business, and if you've worked on any of them recently, you'll see why.

Nemesis
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
For that kind of money I would never buy any of those cars, unless you like driving boats. I'd buy a 370z, better in every field for the same money.

Different tastes, youll notice over time like the 350z , the 370 will become the next common car you see on the road as well. People want different things from their cars. I love all kinds of cars and have owned a few too. The 370z is nice though :) Each car has its own quality that rivals a competitor.

There is a reason domestic car companies are going out of business, and if you've worked on any of them recently, you'll see why.

Are you ignorant enough to say that foreign markets are really fairing that much better? :2cents:

Nemesis
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
For that kind of money I would never buy any of those cars, unless you like driving boats.

btw. I would never buy a hatch and modify it this way either...

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220962

Unless I liked driving like Paul Walker.

EJ25RUN
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
There is a reason domestic car companies are going out of business, and if you've worked on any of them recently, you'll see why.

Ford had a better month in May than did Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, and i won't even make fun of the European brands as they are just as bad.

Proof.....LOL at Lincoln selling more than last year and being the only one to do it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/02/by-the-numbers-may-2009-gm-and-ford-surprise-edition/

Deke
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Different tastes, youll notice over time like the 350z , the 370 will become the next common car you see on the road as well.

I've disagreed on this point before (probably not with you), but I see far more Mustangs on the road than 350Zs. I'm not saying that it really affects my overall opinion of either car, I'm just saying that the Mustang has far less of a "rarity" factor than the 350z, at least to me. (not that I would call a 350Z rare).

All of that being said, I really do like both cars (and the Challenger and Camaro). I've actually had this Car and Driver sitting on a table waiting for me to read it :)

Ran
06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I've disagreed on this point before (probably not with you), but I see far more Mustangs on the road than 350Zs. I'm not saying that it really affects my overall opinion of either car, I'm just saying that the Mustang has far less of a "rarity" factor than the 350z, at least to me. (not that I would call a 350Z rare).That's mainly because the V6 Stang could be had for under $20K. So every graduating high-schooler got one. The GT's and Shelbys are far less common though.

Also, I like the 370Z and the Challenger, but I've still yet to warm up to the new Camaro. I saw one in person and, while it does look better than it did in the magazines, it's still weird to me. Glad to the Ford coming out on top in this comparison.

JITB
06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
For that kind of money I would never buy any of those cars, unless you like driving boats. I'd buy a 370z, better in every field for the same money. They compare to Porche Caymen S not some "lead sled throwback" that weighs about 500-1000 pounds more than the original cars. There is a reason domestic car companies are going out of business, and if you've worked on any of them recently, you'll see why.

WOW! and amazing post!

Starrfire
06-03-2009, 08:30 PM
btw. I would never buy a hatch and modify it this way either...

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220962

Unless I liked driving like Paul Walker.

Ouch, that hurt, NOT. Like I care to spend my hard earned money on some gas guzzler. I've had my hatch like that before your car ever went into production. And the fact that one of my cars is somewhat rice, doesn't make your car any better. And if "driving like Paul Walker" makes me faster than a gt mustang, then so be it. I've got other vehicles, and styles go in and out. I could go to a dealership tomorrow and buy a mustang just like yours, and I'm sure they have plenty of un sold older body mustangs they would love to just about give away.
I take these cars apart on a daily basis and while I admit them being better than every body style before them, I wouldn't consider them as good of a car as a 370z.

okra1981
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I think that the Charger looks the best, I had a lot of hopes for the new Camaro, it just fell short. The new Mustang was a mistake, I think they ruined the looks of the former body style, it was gorgeous, they should have just updated the suspension and drivetrain to make a better car overall.

HypnoToad
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
that new mod 302 is gonna be bad though,im really not fan of the camaro......great powerplant though...but they should be lighter and stuck with IRS.

chrisdavis
06-03-2009, 11:14 PM

:rolleyes:

It is more reliable than the ubiquitous Toyota Camry, an honor it’s held since the Camry’s 2007 redesign. (http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/04/ford-fusion-the-best-car-you-dont-know-about.html)

Ford's domestic brands outpaced Toyota's (TM) for the second straight month, making it the second-largest automaker in terms of monthly U.S. sales behind GM. (http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/02/news/companies/auto_sales/index.htm)

Ford has made great strides in reliability, with some models now rivaling the best from the Japanese automakers. (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/resource-center/automakers-bailout/ford/automaker-bailout-ford.htm)

armyed
06-04-2009, 01:52 AM
:rolleyes:

It is more reliable than the ubiquitous Toyota Camry, an honor it’s held since the Camry’s 2007 redesign. (http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/04/ford-fusion-the-best-car-you-dont-know-about.html)

Ford's domestic brands outpaced Toyota's (TM) for the second straight month, making it the second-largest automaker in terms of monthly U.S. sales behind GM. (http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/02/news/companies/auto_sales/index.htm)

Ford has made great strides in reliability, with some models now rivaling the best from the Japanese automakers. (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/resource-center/automakers-bailout/ford/automaker-bailout-ford.htm)

Don't argue with them, most people that are ignorant don't know the real facts. Ford is doing pretty well and all automakers are hurting right now. The old stigma that import cars are better quality is simply slowly going away. Ford is making cars with better MPG and just as good quality. They are up and coming again!

bafbrian
06-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Don't argue with them, most people that are ignorant don't know the real facts. Ford is doing pretty well and all automakers are hurting right now. The old stigma that import cars are better quality is simply slowly going away. Ford is making cars with better MPG and just as good quality. They are up and coming again!

All it took was a swift kick in the ass and a nearly worthless stock for them to make better cars, along with the fellow American automakers. That is not to say that American automakers haven't had quality before, they have, but the problem was consistency. Consistency paired with quality is were the Import (Japanese) automakers have had considerably success. Again, this is not to say that they haven't had misses over the years, just less than there their American counterparts.

BB1_Luda
06-04-2009, 04:41 AM
0.92g skidpad. nice!

The new 2010 mustang I think is the best looking out of the 3 and honestly I think it is the "best looking" GT to date.

I am not 100% up to date with release models, but will Ford release a new Cobra model?

armyed
06-04-2009, 06:01 AM
All it took was a swift kick in the ass and a nearly worthless stock for them to make better cars, along with the fellow American automakers. That is not to say that American automakers haven't had quality before, they have, but the problem was consistency. Consistency paired with quality is were the Import (Japanese) automakers have had considerably success. Again, this is not to say that they haven't had misses over the years, just less than there their American counterparts.

Yea you are right about that, it took them losing a ton of profits and getting kicked in the nuts to realize what they were doing wrong. But now they are back in it and I think you will see nothing but good stuff coming from Ford for years to come. They have already been working for a good while to improve all there stuff and come out with new ground breaking technology. They are getting ranked up there with Toyota on quality and doing better every day. I am like anyone else. I have driven Toyota's, Hondas, and Nissans and for the most part they have made very high quality cars. But so are American cars(Even though they have had some bad stuff too). Its a stigma thats been put on American companies that all there stuff is crap when in reality its not. We may have had some real bad runs and a some models that were crap but overall the vehicles arent as bad as people say. Look at Ford Rangers that are still going strong after 250k miles. You still see old foxbody mustangs running around with more the 200k on the odometer. But to each his own, I will continue to buy American just like I always have. I like my straight line performance!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

bafbrian
06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Yea you are right about that, it took them losing a ton of profits and getting kicked in the nuts to realize what they were doing wrong. But now they are back in it and I think you will see nothing but good stuff coming from Ford for years to come. They have already been working for a good while to improve all there stuff and come out with new ground breaking technology. They are getting ranked up there with Toyota on quality and doing better every day. I am like anyone else. I have driven Toyota's, Hondas, and Nissans and for the most part they have made very high quality cars. But so are American cars(Even though they have had some bad stuff too). Its a stigma thats been put on American companies that all there stuff is crap when in reality its not. We may have had some real bad runs and a some models that were crap but overall the vehicles arent as bad as people say. Look at Ford Rangers that are still going strong after 250k miles. You still see old foxbody mustangs running around with more the 200k on the odometer. But to each his own, I will continue to buy American just like I always have. I like my straight line performance!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

I can agree with you on Ford having a resurgence but GM is still faltering. I think it will take GM some time before it is making quality vehicles consistently. In the end, if GM sells off the smaller brands and focuses on a few, I think they will be successful again.

armyed
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I can agree with you on Ford having a resurgence but GM is still faltering. I think it will take GM some time before it is making quality vehicles consistently. In the end, if GM sells off the smaller brands and focuses on a few, I think they will be successful again.

Yea GM has definitely seen better days when it comes to the quality. It is gonna take years and years before they are back on there feet and doing well again. We shall see if it happens!

bafbrian
06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Yea GM has definitely seen better days when it comes to the quality. It is gonna take years and years before they are back on there feet and doing well again. We shall see if it happens!

Hopefully they will. While I am not a big fan of GM, I do feel sorry for the those who are losing their jobs, retirement, and pensions because of this mess. I was almost tempted to buy stock in GM the other day when it was $0.75 a share. Would have taken a while to get a return on it, but it might have been worth it in the end.

armyed
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Hopefully they will. While I am not a big fan of GM, I do feel sorry for the those who are losing their jobs, retirement, and pensions because of this mess. I was almost tempted to buy stock in GM the other day when it was $0.75 a share. Would have taken a while to get a return on it, but it might have been worth it in the end.

Actually that would have been a bad idea, you would of been buying common stock and once they went bankrupt it would have pretty much been worthless...so good thing you didn't buy it.

Starrfire
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
No, I'm not ignorant to the facts. I seriously believe ford is the strongest domestic auto manufacturer of the big 3. Their quality is higher than it has ever been, and they are also smart for not taking the governments bailout money. I like what ford is doing, unlike Chysler who is banking on the big selling numbers of the 300c that is about to be released. Why not try to sell as many high quality cars as you can and not as a last resort? But I am happy to see the rise in quality.

Starrfire
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Now that I'm in this thread, what do Mustang guys think of the possible idea of the v8 engine in the mustang possibly being replaced with Ford's new Eco boost engine; A 3.5 Liter twin turbo v6 producing 365hp.

HypnoToad
06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
its a bad idea,ford has just came out with a new 302 motor.......v8 is not goin anywhere

VIP Style
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
man i dont know, that camaro looks good, its so aggressive looking.
I think that the Charger looks the best, I had a lot of hopes for the new Camaro, it just fell short. The new Mustang was a mistake, I think they ruined the looks of the former body style, it was gorgeous, they should have just updated the suspension and drivetrain to make a better car overall.

ranger250x
06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
its a bad idea,ford has just came out with a new 302 motor.......v8 is not goin anywhere

Is that the "Coyote" motor? 400 Hp is a rumor that i have heard. Supposed to go in the F-150 i believe

_Christian_
06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I do like the Mustang the best out of the three, but I'd never buy any of them. I still want you guys to buy American cars though...seriously.

JITB
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Now that I'm in this thread, what do Mustang guys think of the possible idea of the v8 engine in the mustang possibly being replaced with Ford's new Eco boost engine; A 3.5 Liter twin turbo v6 producing 365hp.

it aint replacing anything.. its just gonna be an option...

Zodiac
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM
That's mainly because the V6 Stang could be had for under $20K. So every graduating high-schooler got one.

I guess im a statistic

Starrfire
06-06-2009, 09:50 PM
it aint replacing anything.. its just gonna be an option...
I said possibly, I just read the discussion but they didn't know how widely it would be accepted.

Nemesis
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I said possibly, I just read the discussion but they didn't know how widely it would be accepted.

Just stfu and walk away.

BTW , your negative reps are a joke LOL

Christopherr
06-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I was shocked to see MT pulled .93 on the skidpad with the GT. Amazing considering it's rocking the solid rear.

The V6 Camaro outpaced the SS in handling due to better weight distribution.

The Challenger is still balls out...

If it was a perfect world...I'd take the Camaro with the Stangs handling. But nothing that a set of bars, springs and shock/struts can't fix.

Also, the imports...quality has suffered. I never seen such large gaps in the interior or how materials can't seem to stand up to use and abuse. It's almost a neck and neck race...all manufactures have the shortcomings.

jfman
06-21-2009, 01:50 AM
I read ford is going to be making a 6.2l motor for the f series truck so..... hope they put it in the stang.

Z0_o6
06-21-2009, 03:54 PM
i am not a fan at all of the new mustang styling. very good handling though!

i believe i'd take the new camaro over the other 2 any day. good looking, lots of power, and a six-speed.