PDA

View Full Version : General Chat ATTN: drifters and wannabes

Decepticon™
06-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Alright im not a drifter by any means i just have a few questions.

Whats better

power steering or no P/s?????

Boost or N/A????

Or is it just different depending on the person.( mostly likely)

DISCUSS.............

RL...
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM
def p/s, with boost.

The car also must be fwd. That is critical.

oneSLOWex
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
def p/s, with boost.

:thinking:

MINI
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I have wondered those question too. lol

Decepticon™
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
def p/s, with boost.

LOL

noob

no wonder you have 3 RED squares.......

superboost
06-02-2009, 10:10 AM
def p/s, with boost.

sarcasm much?

whatever210
06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
lol def power steering and boost. stock ka will do the job if u clutch kick every two sec. a 350z and g35 will have enogh power without having to clutch kick every 3 sec

Elbow
06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
No powersteering, and boost is for pussies. Light, nimble, momentum cars are real drift cars, high HP tire burners are fancy doughnut machines. Go try and drift a 500hp car then a 150hp car, the 500hp car is easier.

EP3sAreFun
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
No powersteering, and boost is for pussies. Light, nimble, momentum cars are real drift cars, high HP tire burners are fancy doughnut machines. Go try and drift a 500hp car then a 150hp car, the 500hp car is easier.
maybe but drifting is gay, so your point is void. lol

burke420
06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
as long as you can handle your car with what you have already, and know HOW to drift. it doesnt matter. 1st you must know how to properly drive your car, then control, then go fast doing so. but of course having the boost is gonna make losing traction better & easier, but the not have the boost give a smoother powerband, so a n/a car is better for that matter. you can spin easier w/ the boost which can lead to spinning out easier as well! i personally think a VQ35 motor with light mods and tune can make the best in my opinion. but you may differ. as long as the power to weight is proper, youre good! good luck!

Elbow
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
drifting is gay

x10

Decepticon™
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
well it seems more like its personal opinion..........

puregroove
06-02-2009, 08:35 PM
It is somewhat personal opinion. There are plenty of guys out there sliding low hp cars and no p/s. The right balance of power to weight is key. A lot of times, it's all you need. Being an exhibition sport, the more smoke, the better. I must say, it does look cooler. Having a good, balanced powerband will also allow you to maintain your slide and not bog when you need power, the most.

The answers to your questions are best received through personal experience. That is how you should draw your conclusion.

Decepticon™
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
It is somewhat personal opinion. There are plenty of guys out there sliding low hp cars and no p/s. The right balance of power to weight is key. A lot of times, it's all you need. Being an exhibition sport, the more smoke, the better. I must say, it does look cooler. Having a good, balanced powerband will also allow you to maintain your slide and not bog when you need power, the most.

The answers to your questions are best received through personal experience. That is how you should draw your conclusion.

yea i figured it was personal opinion.

Ive seen a bunch guys drift corollas wit carbs and 20v not to mention the hand full of miatas with sidedraft carbs are out there tearing it up and getting that nice smoke show everyone wants.

i was asking what the people on IA thought or what set ups they are running......

puregroove
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Aren't you Puertoricanyo? I want to see that Toyota rootage/geneology.

whatever210
06-03-2009, 01:03 PM
lol at this thread.

whatever210
06-03-2009, 01:14 PM
the more tire smoke the better. it takes a lot more controll than you think to controll the gas of a 500hp car. on a ka i can hold the pedal to the floor and not worry about lifting and just stay in the drift...barely. i can get mad angle with boost and hold it with very little throttle but to much throttle youll spin out. trust me. plus boost sounds cooler

Ran
06-03-2009, 02:27 PM
the more tire smoke the better.Angle > Smoke

I don't give a sh*t how much smoke the tires put out. As long as I'm as sideways as I can get and having fun, then I'm good.

I'd say powersteering only because my RB20DET 280Z didn't have it and almost snapped my wrist when the wheel snapped on me. Also, having drifted both boosted and N/A cars, I like the feeling of N/A better. No pause for torque and the powerband is a lot smoother. It just makes for a better responding car IMO.

whatever210
06-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Angle > Smoke

I don't give a sh*t how much smoke the tires put out. As long as I'm as sideways as I can get and having fun, then I'm good.

I'd say powersteering only because my RB20DET 280Z didn't have it and almost snapped my wrist when the wheel snapped on me. Also, having drifted both boosted and N/A cars, I like the feeling of N/A better. No pause for torque and the powerband is a lot smoother. It just makes for a better responding car IMO.

i never said angle over smoke.....where did i say that? i said smoke is good. and if you loosing your powerband while drifting then your completely lifting. i keep on the gas about 30%. i dont ever hardly lift unless im coming in super tight where i have to absolutely lift. that way, guess what? you stay in your power band. and if you use left foot breaking you can still keep your speed and rpm pretty well so honestly there is no reason you cant stay in power band while drifting when you have boost. i will pull away from a g35 and z if im drifting cause of how much power im pullin

Decepticon™
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Angle > Smoke

oh damn non p/s almost snapped your wrist...OH SNAP lol

see awhile back i had a 1.6 turbo miata with p/s and that thing was awesome to drift/just mess around. It was real light weight and i still never wanted to take the p/s off for the simply fact i didnt want it to snap my wrist off. And the little extra power from the turbo wasnt bad but i really had to keep the rpms way up to stay in boost. I wanted to build a 1.6 with some sidedrafts and see how a slighty modded N/A car held but blew it up before i got a chance.

ANd reps to man