PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Why are Korean car owners cheap?

Andy_013
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I was at work today and a person with a 06 kia spectra came in looking for headlights. I looked up the part number and show her the ones she needed. I handed her the one that match the other side. She looked at the price and said "this is too expensive." It was only $12. So, I had to give her a $10 one. A few hours later a lady with a 04 civic came in for headlights also. I give her the same $12 ones, and she was cool with it.

I had the same issue when looking up brakes, water pumps, and other items. So why are Korean car owners cheap when it comes to auto parts?

hondachik
06-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Because the car was already cheap? I mean, whatcha expect? :lmfao:

Thats just like BMW owners don't mind paying the hundreds of dollars for a new HID bulb. Me on the other hand, $200 can get me a whole HID conversion kit, plus have some gas money left over. I mean, u can tell a little about a person by the kind of car they drive.

BTW, I think you meant to say headlight BULBS???

Andy_013
06-01-2009, 11:38 PM

Thats just like BMW owners don't mind paying the hundreds of dollars for a new HID bulb. Me on the other hand, $200 can get me a whole HID conversion kit, plus have some gas money left over. I mean, u can tell a little about a person by the kind of car they drive.

BTW, I think you meant to say headlight BULBS???

yes its headlight bulbs

This lady had a Dooney and Bourke handbag and can't pay $2 more for a bulb :thinking:.

hondachik
06-01-2009, 11:41 PM
yes its headlight bulbs

This lady had a Dooney and Bourke handbag and can't pay $2 more for a bulb :thinking:.

Prob was a knockoff

roche
06-01-2009, 11:56 PM
A knockoff probably made in Korea. lol

eYezs1ck
06-02-2009, 12:05 AM
are you korean? how do you know?

hondachik
06-02-2009, 12:30 AM
are you korean? how do you know?

Are u offended sir?

1SICKLEX
06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
I was at work today and a person with a 06 kia spectra came in looking for headlights. I looked up the part number and show her the ones she needed. I handed her the one that match the other side. She looked at the price and said "this is too expensive." It was only $12. So, I had to give her a $10 one. A few hours later a lady with a 04 civic came in for headlights also. I give her the same $12 ones, and she was cool with it.

I had the same issue when looking up brakes, water pumps, and other items. So why are Korean car owners cheap when it comes to auto parts?

They are no cheaper than Honda owners or some Toyota owners or some Mazda owners or some Pontiac owners etc.....

If I had a dollar for every Honda driving around with a headlight out or a tailight out and they only cost what $2 to fix...........

You want cheap. Do you know that Kia offers a V-8 and a 6 speed auto in their new Borrego SUV. Do you know that Honda's so called luxury brand "Acura" offers neither. Now that is CHEAP.

Lets review;
Kia, the cheap, Korean upstart has a 339hp V-8 and 6 speed auto. Acura, a supposed luxury brand still has no V-8 and still offers ancient 5 speed autos.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=131326/pageId=146980
Please, no "cheap" shots against Kia as most of us luxury car owners laugh at Acura. Cheap is also relative.

RL...
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM
korean ppl are cheap about everything. That's why.

IDCoconut
06-02-2009, 09:39 AM

Ever compared a BMW HID's to your $200 HID's? That's why. The kit is $200.00 for a reason. There are kits out there that are in the $1000's, which is the real deal and comes with the actual HID Lenses, not just the bulbs.

choiiiiiiiii
06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
damn koreans...

oh wait..

hybrid90accord
06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
what does having a v8 or 6 speed have to do with anything? its like having a 50" tv that only does 720p yeah its great to say u have a 50" tv but if it doesnt do 1080p and 120hz it still sucks to me jut like Kia does

Ran
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
korean ppl are cheap about everything. That's why.We are?

*Looks at his 2008 Mustang GT Premium Edition*

Uhh...

eYezs1ck
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Are u offended sir?
not really. do you want me to be?

eYezs1ck
06-02-2009, 01:36 PM
korean ppl are cheap about everything. That's why.
wait a min......are you korean?

AirMax95
06-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Ha, blanket statements for the FAIL.

redpanda
06-03-2009, 02:36 AM
reminds me of a time when my dad needed some batteries and headed to wal-mart. He bought some no name brand that cost $14.35 opposed to the Duracells which were $14.55 or so

Nemesis
06-03-2009, 12:36 PM
hey Im half korean, fuk u

okra1981
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
OP was just stating an observation he has made after a history of similar customers acting in a certain fashion, he isn't attacking anyone's race or saying that one manufacturer is better than another. Also, I've had a headlight and taillight out at times and that didn't mean that I was too cheap to replace the bulb, it just meant that I didn't realize that I had a light out, I don't think that anyone is that cheap when it comes to their safety (except Kia drivers, because they are lowly half-humans that don't deserve to share the road with my ghetto Impala).

Andy_013
06-03-2009, 11:42 PM
OP was just stating an observation he has made after a history of similar customers acting in a certain fashion, he isn't attacking anyone's race or saying that one manufacturer is better than another. Also, I've had a headlight and taillight out at times and that didn't mean that I was too cheap to replace the bulb, it just meant that I didn't realize that I had a light out, I don't think that anyone is that cheap when it comes to their safety (except Kia drivers, because they are lowly half-humans that don't deserve to share the road with my ghetto Impala).

thank you for getting the point of this thread.

armyed
06-04-2009, 02:02 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :goodjob: