PDA

View Full Version : TATTOOS...

SL33P3R
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Why do the gang banging, wannabe badasses make people sterotype people with tattoos and throw them in the same category. Does anyone agree or am I talking out of my ass. My tattoo count is growing, and will continue to grow. I think it as permanent art. I think alot of people get tattoos for other people to think they are badass. Discuss

ALVIN
06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
This issue comes in many forms. I have two tattoos that are dedicated.

My thigh for my daughter and my superman symbol for a friend thats passed.

All the other tattoos I get because I liek the art. New school, old school, asian inspired, etc.

Nemesis
06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I want a butterfly on my lower back

SL33P3R
06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Exactly. I just love the thought of traveling around and getting artwork done from multiple people. I like different shit. It just cracks me up when Ive seen 100 people with the same cross, on the same arm, in the same spot, in the same town, haha

NVEOUS
06-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I have two that means something. One on the back of my arm for my dad. ALVIN knows about this one. And one on my shoulder blade. I will also have another for my father when i get the money up to have it changed. But I get them because i like them not to make people think im a badass. I like being different as well.

Sammich
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM

i put a rose on my navel

NVEOUS
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Exactly. I just love the thought of traveling around and getting artwork done from multiple people. I like different shit. It just cracks me up when Ive seen 100 people with the same cross, on the same arm, in the same spot, in the same town, haha

I have a nautical star just like everyone does. But It is colored in blue which was my fathers favorite color and he alsways told me to shoot for the stars so i thought it fit kinda well.

NVEOUS
06-01-2009, 01:28 PM
i put a rose on my navel

Im getting a chinease symbol on my chest covered and turned into a red rose because it was my dads favorite flower. And the vine will intertwine with my last name that is going across my back and wrap around my side across my rib cage.

Sammich
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Im getting a chinease symbol on my chest covered and turned into a red rose because it was my dads favorite flower. And the vine will intertwine with my last name that is going across my back and wrap around my side across my rib cage.

cute

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4390/000b3t866ep.jpg

The Creeper
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't think tattoos have to mean anything. I agree with the permanent art aspect of it all. I hate how people always feel the need to explain their worthless tattoo with some bullshit underlining meaning. Like " The naked devil bitch on my leg is because my great aunt that never existed was satan's bitch." haha. Seriously. I am sick of people trying to explain the meaning behind their tattoos, you don't have to explain.

NVEOUS
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
cute

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4390/000b3t866ep.jpg

BWaahahahahahahahhaahahhaahha

Not funny!:2up:

ALVIN
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
in A way I agree but people do ask so sometimes its easier for me. I have 3 tattoos that people ask about the others are just art. IE my koi fish = art and my forearm = just some shit i threw together. As for my ohm people ask all the time if they see it and my thigh. I ocasionally get asked about my underarm superman symbol

Sammich
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
BWaahahahahahahahhaahahhaahha

Not funny!:2up:

:lmao::lmao:

but in line with this thread...sometimes, especially due to how a person dresses w/ those tattoos..its hard not to associate them with a gang or biker

ALVIN
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
lol I love how google word associates lol check it...at the bottom of this thread

The Creeper
06-01-2009, 01:43 PM
in A way I agree but people do ask so sometimes its easier for me. I have 3 tattoos that people ask about the others are just art. IE my koi fish = art and my forearm = just some shit i threw together. As for my ohm people ask all the time if they see it and my thigh. I ocasionally get asked about my underarm superman symbol

Yea my koi = art.
oni = art
Geisha = art
kanji + oni = first tattoo getting covered
Naked devil bitch = I like naked bitches.
:cheers:

03RCode
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Alvin... I still need some new inks... on teh free.

Donati03gt
06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
addicting pain

SL33P3R
06-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Tattoos are VERY addicting. I plan on getting a bunch more. I have one all the way across my pelvis, and the back of each arm. I plan on getting a half sleeve started very soon, just putting together all ideas

ALVIN
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Alvin... I still need some new inks... on teh free.

lol you always need it on the free man lol

ShooterMcGavin
06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
you just want a money shot there...

Ran
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd say something, but everyone here pretty knows that I think tattoos of all kinds are garbage. But hey, do what makes you happy and forget about those that disagree with you (like me for example). :)

ShooterMcGavin
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd say something, but everyone here pretty knows that I think tattoos of all kinds are garbage. But hey, do what makes you happy and forget about those that disagree with you (like me for example). :)
plus you're an anime fiend, which pretty much negates anything you have to say :taun:

ALVIN
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
you just want a money shot there...

im gonna convince this girl I know to get that....I already tattood boxing gloves with "Hit it Like a Champ" going around them on her left ass cheek. Right one is gonna be money shot no outline lol

Killer
06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
yeah stereotypes suck....

it's funny though because yeah i have a half sleeve... but it's got flowers and pretty birds on it so.. i don't really get judged ha!

Ran
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
plus you're an anime fiend, which pretty much negates anything you have to say :taun:Get off mah nuts you station-wagon driving soccer mom!

SL33P3R
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
im gonna convince this girl I know to get that....I already tattood boxing gloves with "Hit it Like a Champ" going around them on her left ass cheek. Right one is gonna be money shot no outline lol

Tell her shes a copy cat

Sammich
06-01-2009, 02:59 PM
yeah stereotypes suck....

it's funny though because yeah i have a half sleeve... but it's got flowers and pretty birds on it so.. i don't really get judged ha!

YOU'RE GAY

The Creeper
06-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I think the days of stereotyping everyone with tattoos is coming to an end. Same with thinking because someone has a lot of tattoos that people automatically think you are a criminal. Shit gets old.

AnthonyF
06-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Depends on the style of tats. I love sleeves and other tats that run together. "gangbangers" typically have stupid tats. Skulls, cities, dumb shit all over them.

-Ant.

The Creeper
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Depends on the style of tats. I love sleeves and other tats that run together. "gangbangers" typically have stupid tats. Skulls, cities, dumb shit all over them.

-Ant.

Yea the random shit tattoos that are all over in random spots prison style will forever get judged. I did meet a couple mexicans when i worked construction that had all prison tattoos and they looked really fucking good. I get my chest finished at the end of the month, then I will turn my half sleeve into a full sleeve:goodjob:

SL33P3R
06-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I plan on starting a Japanese style sleeve as soon as my pelvis is completely healed after my next sitting. I dont feel like taking care of 2 parts of my bodys with ointment and lotion, haha

AnthonyF
06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Yea the random shit tattoos that are all over in random spots prison style will forever get judged. I did meet a couple mexicans when i worked construction that had all prison tattoos and they looked really fucking good. I get my chest finished at the end of the month, then I will turn my half sleeve into a full sleeve:goodjob:Nice. Pics when complete! I'd love to get a sleeve, but it wouldn't look right on me or for my job.

I dont feel like taking care of 2 parts of my bodys with ointment and lotion, haha
You mean 3, right? :ninja:

-Ant.

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
I plan on getting sleeves on both arms eventually. I cant right now because of my job.

Killer
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
YOU'RE GAY

you're not judging.. you're wishing...

AnthonyF
06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I plan on getting sleeves on both arms eventually. I cant right now because of my job.

that was self explanatory. On BOTH arms? What about on your penis? That'd be gangster. lol

-Ant.

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
that was self explanatory. On BOTH arms? What about on your penis? That'd be gangster. lol

-Ant.

Maybe on teh penis. But only for you Anthony. :ninja: And i've seen people with just one sleeve so thats why i said both.

BABY J
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
People are shallow.

Don't' get visible art and then complain about what "society" thinks... we (people) are VERY visual creatures. I am not saying that it's right... just that it happens. :) I refuse to miss out on a cerain job - a certain girlfriend - or a certain ANYTHING b/c of how I look if I can help it. But on the flip side, I'm ME and will always be me. A lot of times in life though you gotta be able to "play the game" in order to get where you wanna be. :) If I have a business and you are making house-calls for me in that business (i.e - cable guy) you are representing my company when you knock on some1s door... so you HAVE to know that perception matters.

I have a tatt on my thigh --- that's it. If I get more (unlikely) it would prob still be somewhere a little less "public" than a lot of people's art.

As for me, I give people the chance to prove to me that they are not an idiot... doesn't matter what they look like. But not every1 does that.

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Well i plan on opening my own shop so i will be my own boss :D

Brett
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I have one Tattoo I got earlier this year, one to honor Leisa, I was always told if you get one, the first one should mean something.... Well nothing could mean more to me than that. Now though I do want another one, One for me now :D

The Ren
06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
:ttiwwp:

Brett
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
^^ Who?

The Ren
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Everyone.... I want to see pictures.. I cant have one so I live vicariously through everyone else when it comes to Tattoos.. peircings on the other hand.. Im all about it.

BABY J
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
You'd have to have a pic of me in my boxers to see mine... or naked... hmmmmm

Brett
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I have posted mine before.

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
LOL I have piercings too! :ninja:

The Ren
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Do it again..!!! Cause I said so

The Ren
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
LOL I have piercings too! :ninja:

:goodjob: :goodjob: So do I :D

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
:goodjob: :goodjob: So do I :D

:eek: LOL i only saw the ones that were visable. :rolleyes:

The Ren
06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
:eek: LOL i only saw the ones that were visable. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what your referring to.. back to subject at hand.. Where are the tat pics

NVEOUS
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL

iEvo
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Why do the gang banging, wannabe badasses make people sterotype people with tattoos and throw them in the same category. Does anyone agree or am I talking out of my ass. My tattoo count is growing, and will continue to grow. I think it as permanent art. I think alot of people get tattoos for other people to think they are badass. Discuss

yea i know what u mean and think its stupid as well. people like to go off by 1st impressions but alot of 1st impressions come before a conversation is even started

SL33P3R
06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah. Everything you do in life will be judged by someone. Im not going to NOT get a tattoo because so and so thinks its dumb etc. Most business men wear suits throughout the whole year, whose going to see that you have a sleeve with a suit on? ;)

BABY J
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Who's gonna wear sleeves all day long at work in June is the better question.

G.C
06-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't think tattoos have to mean anything. I agree with the permanent art aspect of it all. I hate how people always feel the need to explain their worthless tattoo with some bullshit underlining meaning. Like " The naked devil bitch on my leg is because my great aunt that never existed was satan's bitch." haha. Seriously. I am sick of people trying to explain the meaning behind their tattoos, you don't have to explain.

hahah i agree.

SL33P3R
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM

I just hate the stereotype that people give to people with tattoos. Alot of people have the mindset that they arent worth anything and cant help do anything in the business world. My past boss is covered in tattoos and is a multi millionaire. I guess its all about what field your in. But like I said its just a stereo type. Prove them wrong

Slomaro Z28
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM

x2

Slomaro Z28
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM

me:???: , I have to wear them year round, due to my work......and August is gonna suck. Not to cover my tattoo's, just a OSHA rule for my field of work.

BABY J
06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah --- I knew people in the Air Force that had to wear sleeves after the new tattoo rules came out --- rough life. My tattoo means something and forever will. But unless ur sucking me off you won't see it -- and I like it that way. I LOVE the people who mark their body for life... and the reason is "yeah - I just thought this design was kool." LMFAO!!! "Kool? huh?" -- dipshit. LOL

lovinmydodge
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/lovindatuba/May-18_1805.jpg

lovinmydodge
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
is that common? I think NOT!!! That there my friends is my upper shoulders! I also have a few tats on my arms but nothing crazy. I also had a person tell me that they had the same tattoo of the skeleton and woman. The Woman is a pic of my fiance' http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/lovindatuba/May-18_1606.jpg

NVEOUS
06-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn bro :goodjob: Shes HOT!

BABY J
06-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanx. I hear that all the time. I already hit that.

quickdodgeŽ
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Why do the gang banging, wannabe badasses make people sterotype people with tattoos and throw them in the same category.

I feel you on that. Of my eight tattoos, a couple of them are/were gang related tats, but I grew up and out of that crap about ten years ago. But the style and wording that I have as my other tats makes them all look gang related so everyone just assumes that's what I am/do still. But the difference is that I don't walk around and act like I'm a gangbanger. Later, QD.

lovinmydodge
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Lol thanks!

koukis14
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I have Poppa Smurf skull fucking Gumby on my inner thigh.

1SICKLEX
06-04-2009, 02:06 PM
lmfao

AnthonyF
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM

pics or it didn't happen. :tongue1:

-Ant.