PDA

View Full Version : General Chat LoL. Kia.

BB1_Luda
06-01-2009, 11:04 AM
What car does this resemble to you guys? :no:

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Kia/concepts/KOUP/kia_koup_main.jpg

I can understand copying idea's but that front end looks too close to the 8th gen civic.

I was kind of shocked when I looked up the spec's though.
290hp/289tq turbo 2.0L 4-cylinder
6 speed manual. Looks like fwd though.

Sammich
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM
ooooooooooooo snap...honda has a problem child...that is pretty epic right there...i think id rock that

WannabeSpecV
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
those are pretty sweet numbers, the wheels are hideous IMO but looks pretty sweet

Ed
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
ooooooooooooo snap...honda has a problem child...that is pretty epic right there...i think id rock that

i think he meant an evo x, since he said 2.0 turbo awd.

i dont think it looks like anything though.

it doesnt look bad IMO but the wheels do have to go.

Sammich
06-01-2009, 11:11 AM
^either way, i'd definitely drive it

BB1_Luda
06-01-2009, 11:16 AM
i think he meant an evo x, since he said 2.0 turbo awd.

i dont think it looks like anything though.

it doesnt look bad IMO but the wheels do have to go.

yea nvm about that awd thing.

the concept was awd.
2010 production is Fwd.

Looks like SRT-4 gotta problem.

aaronfelipe
06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
It resembles these..

http://cdn.cbsi.com.au/story_media/339294746/Honda-Civic-TypeRhatch_1.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/09/vweos42_opt.jpg

VooDooXII
06-01-2009, 11:21 AM
It shows what the 8th-gen Civic SHOULD look like. Kia's starting to impress me with their styling direction.

BKgen®
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Looks like SRT-4 gotta problem.

Looks like someone doesn't know the SRT-4 was discontinued.... :rolleyes:

FasTech
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Wasn't this topic covered on IA already?!

VooDooXII
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
SRT...what's that stand for? Some Retarded Thing?

BB1_Luda
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Looks like someone doesn't know the SRT-4 was discontinued.... :rolleyes: Yea? No shit. :crazy:

I guess I should say chevy cobalt ss then.

Sammich
06-01-2009, 11:37 AM
^TRUTH

1SICKLEX
06-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Uhh OP, Honda copies all the time, mostly BMW....here is another example, the new Accord crossover fake BMW X6 ugly thing coming this fall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3555957702_c11c773dfa.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3341/3555146069_cb9c9aca5f.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3555146211_0be0d58091.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2450/3555957288_128f9a8446.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3555145871_57798e6bd3.jpg?v=0

Ran
06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
It shows what the 8th-gen Civic SHOULD look like. Kia's starting to impress me with their styling direction.My thoughts exactly.

VickNotic
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
i'll rocK that thing!!!

redblackfan
06-01-2009, 02:59 PM
so instead of trying to beat honda it copies it

Ran
06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
so instead of trying to beat honda it copies itConsidering the improved exterior and performance, I'd say it is beating the Honda.

redblackfan
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
but they used honda's blueprints

Ran
06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
but they used honda's blueprintsSo what? Ever look at the cars of the 80's, or even the 60's? Everything copied everything else. It's nothing new. The fact that Kia took a popular design and improved upon it is a welcome addition in my book.

redblackfan
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah i know the passport and rodeo, ranger and b-series

BABY J
06-01-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2008/top-2008-Kia-Koup-Concept.htm

D3UC3S
06-01-2009, 07:30 PM

EPIC????? I think someone hangs out in the interwebz too much..........

Its a KIA, it will be cool for like 6 months and then shit will start to fall off of it. Maybe the second gen of this car will be OK...they will have the bugs worked out by then.

As far as an "epic" kia???? uummm no.

MINI
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
I would take that kia over any Civic.

okra1981
06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I would take that kia over any Civic.
And you will suffer from it until you sell it for half the amount you would have gotten from a car built with quality and reliability in mind. Yeah, go ahead and buy a disposable car.
I'd much rather have an Si, at least then I wouldn't have to deal with a flappy-paddle gearbox, annoying.

SPOOLIN
06-01-2009, 10:29 PM
lol.

Kia, The NEW disposable vehicle. (now that saturn is about gone...lol)

D3UC3S
06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
^^^lol. word

Kaiser
06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
And you will suffer from it until you sell it for half the amount you would have gotten from a car built with quality and reliability in mind. Yeah, go ahead and buy a disposable car.
I'd much rather have an Si, at least then I wouldn't have to deal with a flappy-paddle gearbox, annoying.

So amusing that these arguments still haunt us...except now Honda is the "Car of Quality" where just two decades before it WAS the "disposable" car...the car people said you bought and drove till it collapsed then bought a new one.

DynamicSound
06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
The same as the Kia Soul...it is a copy of the Scion XB.

hondachik
06-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Doesn't matter who Kia copies. They will never have the book value of a Honda. Kia's depreciate so damn quickly, I wouldn't buy it no matter how cool it looks. I mean I like the new styling approach Kia is doing, but I wouldn't dare look at one twice unless their resale value started to look a little better.

hondachik
06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Wasn't this topic covered on IA already?!

And yes this topic was already covered. I originally posted this pic & said it looked just like a Civic over a month ago in the thread talking about the new Kia sedan.

TypeRPersonality
06-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Can't believe people hate Honda (despite whatever reason) so much to say they'd take a Kia over a Honda.

1SICKLEX
06-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Can't believe people hate Honda (despite whatever reason) so much to say they'd take a Kia over a Honda.
I can't believe the Honda "Smug" around here acting like Kia is somehow beneath them.

SPOOLIN
06-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I can't believe the Honda "Smug" around here acting like Kia is somehow beneath them.

they are.

Ed
06-02-2009, 08:13 AM

honda kids think hondas are a gift from God.

okra1981
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM
I owned one Honda 12 years ago and it was old at that time, I put it through hell every day, it was a perfect little car until a Mustang hit me head on doing close to 100mph, I thank that car every day for me being here, it isn't smugness, it's appreciation. My girlfriend's Kia was only a few years old with half the miles of my Honda, it's A/C only worked a few months and it's transmission had to be replaced after it hit about 85k miles, if Kia is the next car of quality, then I think I'll start taking MARTA.

JITB
06-02-2009, 08:42 AM
This reminds me of a hYundai argument from about 2 years ago...

Close minded people never see the light! Korea is on the rise, and have been owned by hyundai for years, hyundai has bounced back super strong in the last 5 years. Along with Kia, with styling and reliability. And a warranty so much better than any honda, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Hondas break, just as much as any other car will break.

BABY J
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
FORD FUSION

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/Ford-Fusion-09.jpg

HONDA PRELUDE

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/prelude2.jpg

FORD FUSION:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/ford_fusion_2006_5.jpg

HONDA PRELUDE:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/2dluonb.jpg

Ran
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
lol Honda Insight

/thread

JITB
06-02-2009, 10:38 AM
FORD FUSION

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/Ford-Fusion-09.jpg

HONDA PRELUDE

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/prelude2.jpg

FORD FUSION:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/ford_fusion_2006_5.jpg

HONDA PRELUDE:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/2dluonb.jpg

im sure ford has always been a fan of the honda preludes styling!

RUFFIAN
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
As quiet as kept, Hundai is trying to catch the industry sleeping. The styling and performance of their new cars is impressive. As for KIA, I recently Tested a Nissan Quest, Town and Country, and a KIA van and the Kia had better amenities and performance out of the three.

1SICKLEX
06-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Gotcha....... I'm not sure why though?
Here is info on how Kia continues to Improve. The funny thing is Honda has completely rested on its laurels.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleId=60364

Kia next month launches its new Cerato sedan, a car it claims will change people's perception of the Korean company as a budget car brand.

Kia describes its new small sedan, the Cerato, as “a game-changer” that will bring buyers flocking to the budget Korean brand.

The Cerato, unveiled to media this week and introduced to Australian Open tennis fans via a saturation advertising campaign, replaces a namesake model that never gained traction in the hotly contested small car market dominated by the likes of the Mazda3 and the Toyota Corolla.

“It’s not just a new set of clothes, it’s a new design from the ground up,” says Kia Australia spokesman Jonathan Fletcher. “It’s a car that will be a true competitor for the class leaders. We really think it’s that good.”

Kia Australia’s marketing manager, Steve Watt, says the new Cerato heralds a “brand new era” for Kia.

“It’s what we call internally a ‘transformation vehicle’,” says Watt. “It’s going to shift the perception of Kia from being affordable transportation to being more appealing, technically advanced, fun to drive, performance, style, great features and still competitive prices.”

“We do have attributes, we do have features that have got the ‘majors’ out there very worried about what’s going on at Kia.”

Kia says it has dramatically overhauled the Cerato platform, imbuing it with more power, greater safety, better ride and handling, boosted environmental credentials and – crucially, at this end of the market – a lower starting price.

The Cerato is the first Kia to be released in Australia featuring the so-called “Schreyer line”, a grille design penned by global design chief Peter Schreyer that will become an integral feature of the company’s model range.

Schreyer joined the company from Volkswagen in 2006 and set out to develop a more contemporary look for the company. The Cerato is the first fully fledged example of his handiwork.

2009 Kia Cerato sedan2009 Kia Cerato sedan2009 Kia Cerato sedan2009 Kia Cerato sedan

The Cerato is officially classed as a small car but Kia says it will bridge the gap between the small and medium segments. It is longer and wider than its predecessor, with seating for five occupants and a larger boot. It will be available only as a four-door sedan, after Kia discontinued the choice of a five-door hatch.

Under the bonnet is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with continuously variable valve timing (CVVT), which the company says delivers the pulling power and responsiveness of a 2.2-litre engine. It develops 115kW and 194Nm and can be mated to a five-speed manual or four-speed auto gearbox with a pseudo-manual tipshift function.

Fuel consumption is unchanged, at 7.8 litres/100km for the manual transmission or 7.9L/100km for the automatic.

Inside, every model gets front, side and curtain airbags as standard and an iPod-compatible audio system.
The Cerato comes in two models, the S and SLi. The $18,990 Cerato S is $500 cheaper than the model it replaces but you'll need to spend $1000 to get a pack that includes stability control, traction control, cruise control and remote audio controls – all standard on the SLi model.

The $22,990 SLi also gets 17-inch alloys, fog lamps, climate control air-conditioning, leather-wrap steering wheel, rear parking sensors and chrome trim highlights. Kia also includes a five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty.

The Kia Cerato goes on sale in Australia in early February

Upcoming Kia flagship

http://i43.tinypic.com/29px2rq.jpg

D3UC3S
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM

what a generic statement....You could insert any make/model car and say the "kids" who drive that car think its from the gods...Example:

"the Mitsubishi kids think mitsubishis are a gift from god"

Now how stupid did that sound???? Thats what i thought..........:goodjob:

Elbow
06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd take it.

JITB
06-02-2009, 03:52 PM
what a generic statement....You could insert any make/model car and say the "kids" who drive that car think its from the gods...Example:

"the Mitsubishi kids think mitsubishis are a gift from god"

Now how stupid did that sound???? Thats what i thought..........:goodjob:

FALSE!

eYezs1ck
06-02-2009, 03:56 PM
at least its turbo:rolleyes:

BABY J
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
This thread has all of the win.

1SICKLEX
06-02-2009, 04:13 PM
FALSE!

QFT

D3UC3S
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
FALSE!

the mazda kids think mazdas are from the gods.....there, that make u happy??? ;)

HypnoToad
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM

yea...if they knew the truth...it is that every LSX is touched by the hand of god,lol

BABY J
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
^^ Meh... LSx --- single cam non-vtec. Sounds slow.

D3UC3S
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
^^LOL @ both of you

TypeRPersonality
06-02-2009, 07:02 PM

No, it's called being a mechanic and having experience with cars breaking down.

Be honest. Would you rather own a Honda or a Kia because you apparently dislike Honda owners?

Red_EJ1
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
this sounds just like my dad and his freinds... with the whole ford vs chevy. of course guys who are in to hondas are goning to think there the best thats all about taking pride in your car. i love my civic but iv had it for only about half a year now and i had a crx before that, i spun a bearing after having the car for like 3 weeks, rebuilt the bottom end and ill be damned if it dint do it 2 weeks later, but thats becouse my oil pump failed. so the whole honda being better than kia i dont know first hand, but you do have to give it to kia a 290hp turbo car sounds great, the whole fwd thing kinda sucks... but it def looks better than the old kias

DC2NR
06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
So what? Ever look at the cars of the 80's, or even the 60's? Everything copied everything else. It's nothing new. The fact that Kia took a popular design and improved upon it is a welcome addition in my book.

I see no problem with improving something that needed improvement.

TypeRPersonality
06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
this sounds just like my dad and his freinds... with the whole ford vs chevy. of course guys who are in to hondas are goning to think there the best thats all about taking pride in your car. i love my civic but iv had it for only about half a year now and i had a crx before that, i spun a bearing after having the car for like 3 weeks, rebuilt the bottom end and ill be damned if it dint do it 2 weeks later, but thats becouse my oil pump failed. so the whole honda being better than kia i dont know first hand, but you do have to give it to kia a 290hp turbo car sounds great, the whole fwd thing kinda sucks... but it def looks better than the old kias

I didn't say Honda is the best, nor did I say bad things about Kia. Just pointing out how spiteful some comments in this thread is.

BABY J
06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
LOL @ stupid people arguing "opinions" --- LOL. The unwinnable argument.

"This apple pie is the BEST apple pie in the world!!"

-- Oh RLYYYYYYYY??? LOL

Red_EJ1
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
no im with you i would much rather have a honda over a kia, from what my dad tells me, who has worked on cars for the past thirty years, kias a POS. i was just sayin i dont know becouse iv never fucked with kias. and you dont have to say it ill say it, hondas are the best, the reason im sayin this is becouse iv allways been in to all things honda, and im taking pride im my cars

I didn't say Honda is the best, nor did I say bad things about Kia. Just pointing out how spiteful some comments in this thread is.

VooDooXII
06-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Kia's new "flagship" looks like something from Fiat or Citroen.

Again...quite impressed.

BKgen®
06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Its a KIA, it will be cool for like 6 months and then shit will start to fall off of it.

what a generic statement....

Pot, meet Kettle.

This thread is quite amusing :lmao:

JITB
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
no im with you i would much rather have a honda over a kia, from what my dad tells me, who has worked on cars for the past thirty years, kias a POS. i was just sayin i dont know becouse iv never fucked with kias. and you dont have to say it ill say it, hondas are the best, the reason im sayin this is becouse iv allways been in to all things honda, and im taking pride im my cars

you talk to any mechanic that has worked on cars for 30 years, and they will say that about any asian car, besides a camry, and accord.

I take pride in mazda, but i know they have issues. Just like hondas sling rods, and go thru bearings like oil changes. Its no different from any other car company. They are machines, built by machines, engineered by humans, shit will break.

Ran
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
you talk to any mechanic that has worked on cars for 30 years, and they will say that about any asian car, besides a camry, and accord.

I take pride in mazda, but i know they have issues. Just like hondas sling rods, and go thru bearings like oil changes. Its no different from any other car company. They are machines, built by machines, engineered by humans, shit will break.A glimmer of common sense in this thread. Perhaps there is hope after all.

BABY J
06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Hondas sling rods when you think it's a racecar and rice around town for a year w/ low oil pressure.

The average consumer knows little about this as "we" do -- -b/c we beat the piss out of them. The Civic is one of the most reliable cars every -- and continues to be. Honda and Toyota are FAMOUS for reliability. A car is NOT "just" a car - especially the flaghip models... ask a GM driver.

D3UC3S
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Pot, meet Kettle.

This thread is quite amusing :lmao:

its not a generic statement when it pertains to the whole point of the thread...sry

saying what that kid said about hondas(or any other car for that matter) in the way he did was generic and had ZERO value to this thread or the readers that may have been entertained by it.

I simply stated a well known fact about KIAs...that is all. Who knows, maybe KIA got their shiz together now and it will be even 10% as innovative as Honda, Lexus, Toyota.....again sry.

BKgen®
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I simply stated a well known fact about KIAs...that is all.

I think someone's got their definitions of fact and opinion twisted, and most of you naysayers have yet to post any viable information supporting your argument.

Here, let me help:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//pp100v07.jpg

Granted, this was almost two years ago... As you can see, Kia clearly ranks in the very last position on the graph.

[/sarcasm]

HypnoToad
06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
how the fuck did jag get up there,lol

D3UC3S
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
lol....they are KIAs no one wants to report something else falling off the car. They dont care enough about them cuz in the past it was the cheapest thing they could afford and still have a "brand new ride".;)

+1 for taking the time to look up a graph

armyed
06-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Funny thread...lol

D3UC3S
06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
honda: 1.1 problems for every car
toyota:1.06 problems for every car
lexus: almost 1 problem

kia:1.36 per car

[/mypoint]

hondachik
06-05-2009, 12:57 AM
even the local bmw, acura, and mercedes-benz dealership have hondas on their lots for sale. yanno the new ones the dealerships buy when they are newly released so they can mark them down and get clientell (sp). Sadly, I've never seen a Kia sitting on their lots. :thinking:

Even they know whats up.!!

Master Shake
06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
that front end looks like a mix between the civic and the new evo's

BABY J
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
http://www.historiasdelmotor.com/images/2008/06/kia-koup-concept-5.jpg

::

http://www.historiasdelmotor.com/images/2008/06/kia-koup-concept-3.jpg

HypnoToad
06-07-2009, 06:10 PM
shit looks good to me,but id take a new cobalt ss if i had to get a fwd coupe

okra1981
06-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Dressing up the side of the roads near you in 2012. It's like what Clarkson said about the Alfa 8C, if it isn't any useful or comfortable to drive and it looks good, it might be defined as art, even though it doesn't hold a candle to the Alfa, but what does really.
I guess I can deal with a whole ton of bland if it means making it to work and back with everything working properly, hence my Impala.

BABY J
06-08-2009, 11:23 PM
http://autoshow.roadfly.com/wp-content/gallery/kia-koup-concept/kia-koup-concept-coupe.jpg

pilotace001
06-09-2009, 02:07 AM
^ seems thay are using the Genesis frame?
well, Kia is the "child" of Hyundai, which is also starting to get better.

(think of Nissan a few years back... didnt see them everywhere like you do now ( just "normal" consumer cars maxima, altima) Now, since they got that kick-azz styling, they are all over the place. The consumer views change over time, might take a few years, but it can shift. Hyundai is starting to make a comeback (Genesis, sure needs some work, but its a start), same for Kia. Would I get one anytime soon? probably not. Once all the little thing are worked out...why not.

RJtheBlacktC
06-09-2009, 07:29 AM
the car is a complete concept, friend works on KIAs and he says the one hitting the American market is nothing like this.

Total_Blender
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.kia-world.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/kia-rio-engine.jpg

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i7/0729_3lo.jpg

Mi-tech just kicked in yo!

VooDooXII
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Dressing up the side of the roads near you in 2012. It's like what Clarkson said about the Alfa 8C, if it isn't any useful or comfortable to drive and it looks good, it might be defined as art, even though it doesn't hold a candle to the Alfa, but what does really.
I guess I can deal with a whole ton of bland if it means making it to work and back with everything working properly, hence my Impala.

I'd call that a clever analogy in great automotive journalism and I wouldn't take it all too seriously...I mean a car can just as easily have form and function. But yea...the Alfa Romeo 8C really is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

This Kia looks better than most comparable cars I've seen from Japan. Sure, you can argue that they're copying Honda...I mean the new Optima takes plenty of cues from the new Accord, but Kia's designs work like improved versions of Honda's work. I was pretty impressed with the Borrego too. I mean it looks dated, but it's still not bad at all. Haha, and the new Soul...I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but it looks incredibly cool.

Good job Kia.

BABY J
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
LOL @ Mi Tech

HypnoToad
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
LOL @ Mi Tech

your just jealous

BABY J
06-10-2009, 11:11 PM
gawt damn right i am