PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Last couple of Days I got Heat soak. Is it bad?

IloveLindaT
06-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Well I was stuck in ATL Traffic, Dropping a Friend off at the Airport. All of the Sudden my Tempurature needle goes up to 3/4 almost to the top. I was like ohh shit. I was in middle of traffic and cars werent even moving. I was wondering if It was Heat Soak from the car being so damn hot and Fan is not keeping it cool enough? Would it be my headgasket? I checked my resevoir and its still at normal level... After I got out of traffic I dipped to see if the air would help my car cool down. it helped and dropped the tempurature needle back down to 1/4. Phew!...
'

So I guess heat soak from a turboed car causes this huh?

Humphrizzle
06-01-2009, 02:11 AM
its your thermostat... has nothing to do with your turbo. because mines doin the same thing

seanrg1116
06-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Time to upgrade to a low temp termostat

LostSolVTEC
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
what rad are you running? Mine used to overheat when I was driving up hills in the dead of summer. Switched over to a PWR rad and slim fan and threw in some water wetter and never had the problem again.

I also did the ghetto hood trick with washers under the arms to lift the back a little. It was the only way I could get my vents to blow cool air.

I never thought of using a lower temp thermo