PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods MAP sensor

Decepticon™
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
what map sensor are you guys running. Ive heard of people getting tuned with the stock one but other say you NEED a 3 or 4 bar sensor........ LMK

Motivation
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
GM

EmminoDaGreat
05-31-2009, 10:57 PM
depends on the boost you plan on running, if you are running more than 11.2 psi, you will need a 2.5 or 3 bar map sensor.

scttydb411
05-31-2009, 11:26 PM
stock, 2.5 bar, gm 3 bar (msd 3 bar), omni 3 or 4 bar, etc. as long as i have the specs for it i can tune it. the problem is if you try to use one with the wrong specs (thinking you have an omni 3 bar and it's really a 4 bar). it can be figured out, but adds unnecessary time to go through the troubleshooting process.

basically stock up to 11ish psi, 2.5 bar up to 22ish psi, 3bar up to 29ish psi, and 4bar up to 48ish psi.

Decepticon™
06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
stock, 2.5 bar, gm 3 bar (msd 3 bar), omni 3 or 4 bar, etc. as long as i have the specs for it i can tune it. the problem is if you try to use one with the wrong specs (thinking you have an omni 3 bar and it's really a 4 bar). it can be figured out, but adds unnecessary time to go through the troubleshooting process.

basically stock up to 11ish psi, 2.5 bar up to 22ish psi, 3bar up to 29ish psi, and 4bar up to 48ish psi.

well right now im running a stock one and Im running 8psi but i went to dynolab and the tuner said the map wasnt reading the boost and that it was leaning out real bad.

Where can i get my hands on a 2.5 bar map cause i wanna get tuned like ASAP????

scttydb411
06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
well right now im running a stock one and Im running 8psi but i went to dynolab and the tuner said the map wasnt reading the boost and that it was leaning out real bad.

Where can i get my hands on a 2.5 bar map cause i wanna get tuned like ASAP????

the stock one goes to 11ish psi if the ecu is chipped correctly. the only way it won't read boost is if you're running a missing link preventing the sensor from seeing boost or the sensor is bad.

what were you tuning on? i've got 2.5 bar sensors...let me know if you want one and/or tuning.

Decepticon™
06-02-2009, 06:39 AM
the stock one goes to 11ish psi if the ecu is chipped correctly. the only way it won't read boost is if you're running a missing link preventing the sensor from seeing boost or the sensor is bad.

what were you tuning on? i've got 2.5 bar sensors...let me know if you want one and/or tuning.

Well im not running a missing link and i have a phearable chipped p75. I called around to a few places and they say theyve never heard of phearable and i thought they were pretty well-known but i guess i was wrong.
Heres a link to their web-site where i got the ecu from......http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcart/chipped-obd1-nonvtec-p-32.html

Thanks for your help scotty reps to you and about how much does a 2.5 bar map cost????

TheChosenOne
06-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Brosuff! :D Get 3 Bar and call it a day. Also, I promise you, your going to want bigger injectors as well. :2cents:

scttydb411
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM
phearable is well known, but he's out of south fla. if you have issues it takes some time to get a turnaround. i haven't seen any issues w/ his ecu's, so i suspect there is either a wiring issue w/ your car or user error on the software/tuning side.

pm sent on mapsensor.

B18c1Turboed
06-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I told you man get the omni one, it bolts right too your stock location. If not get the GM 3 bar you can get them new at Barnet Performance in Downtown ATL.

B18c1Turboed
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D2313&N=700+115&autoview=sku

trini_gsr
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
what map sensor are you guys running. Ive heard of people getting tuned with the stock one but other say you NEED a 3 or 4 bar sensor........ LMK

i'm running 10.5 lbs on my stock sensor with no issues. been about 2 years and 40kish miles since scotty tuned it. you should be ok with the stock sensor unless you plan on running more psi, get with scotty and he should be able to figure it out :goodjob:

Axix23
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
run hondata or omnibar map sensor

turbob20
06-05-2009, 12:54 AM
i run 10.5-11.0 psi all day every day tuned in and chipped by scotty. also if it was chipped at phearable it is a base map to run till you get it dialed in. are you running bigger injectors or a fuel managment unit. when i had a phearable chip done a long time ago it ran good but i told them i had a stock map but it wouldnt run till i put a missing link on it! hmm wierd.

Decepticon™
06-05-2009, 06:52 AM
I told you man get the omni one, it bolts right too your stock location. If not get the GM 3 bar you can get them new at Barnet Performance in Downtown ATL.

yea i might end up gettin that......and thanks for the link

i run 10.5-11.0 psi all day every day tuned in and chipped by scotty. also if it was chipped at phearable it is a base map to run till you get it dialed in. are you running bigger injectors or a fuel managment unit. when i had a phearable chip done a long time ago it ran good but i told them i had a stock map but it wouldnt run till i put a missing link on it! hmm wierd.

yea im running bigger injectors and pump. ANd i was gonna run the greddy e-manage that came with my kit but the guy at phearable said i would better off getting the ecu i bought from him tuned, but he didnt mention anything bout a missing link.

thanks everyone for the help reps

scttydb411
06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
you won't need the missing link...he had to run the missing link b/c it wasn't set up to run boost originally.

turbob20
06-07-2009, 04:49 PM
no i told him to send me a chip for 8psi stock map sensor and 450cc injectors turning to about 7500. everything ran great till about 5 psi of boost and it shut off. then i put my missing link back on then 8 psi again it was a wierd glitch. got tired of the bull crap run arounds then met you and the rest is history. remember the air intake temp was backwards with another sensor and you had to go into my ecu and repair it too be cause it burnt a resistor or somthing.before i had a p30 chipped by phearable then i got a p28 and was and is chipped by you.

dkjohnson04
06-07-2009, 09:52 PM
just take your car and wallet to scotty and let him do his job. then you can beat the piss outta your car and enjoy it like me! he will answer any questions you have and explain everything while hes doin it too.....................WELL WORTH THE DRIVE AND MONEY! BIG REPS TO HIM ON TUNING!

scttydb411
06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
no i told him to send me a chip for 8psi stock map sensor and 450cc injectors turning to about 7500. everything ran great till about 5 psi of boost and it shut off. then i put my missing link back on then 8 psi again it was a wierd glitch. got tired of the bull crap run arounds then met you and the rest is history. remember the air intake temp was backwards with another sensor and you had to go into my ecu and repair it too be cause it burnt a resistor or somthing.before i had a p30 chipped by phearable then i got a p28 and was and is chipped by you.

oh yeah...now i remember. i looked at that map and it wasn't a very good map. the burnt ecu wasn't helping either.

scttydb411
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
just take your car and wallet to scotty and let him do his job. then you can beat the piss outta your car and enjoy it like me! he will answer any questions you have and explain everything while hes doin it too.....................WELL WORTH THE DRIVE AND MONEY! BIG REPS TO HIM ON TUNING!

just part of your wallet...unless you don't have much in it to begin with.

-S Double C-
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
i got a 3 bar for sale new for less then you will find it anywhere...lol