PDA

View Full Version : Sports Adult Baseball Players?

AirMax95
05-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Any of you IA'ers still play recreation or semi-pro baseball locally? I know East Cobb had/has a 25+ league last I recall. I am looking to get back on the diamond. I've been working out and feel I am close to ready :yes:

Post up with any leauge info or informal teams that play in the area.

-Tereance

aguynamedpat
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Our team could really use a token black guy........ :goodjob:

What position do you play? You can check out www.atlantamsbl.com (http://www.atlantamsbl.com) for league info. I know the Sunday MABL (18+) is looking for more players and they are having a tryout in a few weeks. If you so wish you can play MSBL which is 25+ (if you are older than 25 obviously), but Id recommend to play MABL. It is more competitive with more teams.

I play MABL Sunday league on the Eastside Red Sox. It is very competitive and I am glad to be back on the baseball field. I play tournament softball too, but it feels great to be back on the mound in a baseball game. Plus it is satisfying to know I can still hit a baseball.

nsany(atl)
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I played one season, it was full of D1$ks who thought they could have gone pro. One guy got his eye knocked out of the socket with a bad throw from 3rd to second, another got knocked out with a bad throw from 3rd to first.

tippatone
06-01-2009, 08:14 AM
that fucked up:no:

aguynamedpat
06-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I played one season, it was full of D1$ks who thought they could have gone pro. One guy got his eye knocked out of the socket with a bad throw from 3rd to second, another got knocked out with a bad throw from 3rd to first.

Im not sure when you played or how long ago it was or whatnot, but I have played 9 games so far this season, and the only team we came across that we had issues with was a team from Raleigh, NC that we played in a tourney. All the teams from Atlanta have been full of cool guys.

AirMax95
06-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I will look into this.

Thanks for the info.

aguynamedpat
06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
No problem man. All teams have a home field, most are at a school of some sort, usually a high school. Our home field is Berkmar High School's field.

Deke
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
If you're not getting paid and your older than 23, you should be playing slow pitch softball. Just saying :)

aguynamedpat
06-01-2009, 01:17 PM
What if we are 22, not getting paid, and play tournament softball AND baseball? :goodjob:

Deke
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
What if we are 22, not getting paid, and play tournament softball AND baseball? :goodjob:

Haha that works. I'm just messing around. I'm 23, just graduated college and played softball intramurals and pick-up games throughout. I personally just couldn't imagine having to worry about hitting a baseball thrown at 70+ mph (don't really know what kind of heat recreational pitchers can throw). I like being able to drink a beer and hit big, slow targets. :cheers:

Kind of like my saturday night. ZING!

aguynamedpat
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I like being able to drink a beer and hit big, slow targets. :cheers:

Kind of like my saturday night. ZING!

HAHAHAHA + a few for that one.

Most people in our league throw low 80's. We faced a guy bringing it about 88 in a tournament game, he only threw one inning but good lord its so hard to hit that. Back in high school it wasnt hard, but now its hard to see that lol.

Its just satisfying to know I can still hit a baseball. I know I can hit a softball, I have a season tournament average of right at 500. But knowing I can still hit the 80mph fastball, or even moreso the offspeed pitches, makes me feel good.

Hulud
06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
hey aguynamedpat is eastside run out of fullers park in marietta?

aguynamedpat
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
No we play out of Berkmar High School.

AirMax95
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
HAHAHAHA + a few for that one.

Most people in our league throw low 80's. We faced a guy bringing it about 88 in a tournament game, he only threw one inning but good lord its so hard to hit that. Back in high school it wasnt hard, but now its hard to see that lol.

Its just satisfying to know I can still hit a baseball. I know I can hit a softball, I have a season tournament average of right at 500. But knowing I can still hit the 80mph fastball, or even moreso the offspeed pitches, makes me feel good.

Low 80's eh? Hmm, after I finish weighted ball training I hope to open my arm back to the high 80's. I have hit 90-91 a few times (back then, lol).

I can't hit for shit, hence why I was a pitcher since forever :goodjob:

aguynamedpat
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Hmm. You really throw upper 80's?

PM'ed ya.

FasTech
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I haven't played Baseball since AA ball in rec. Those were the days.

atlxpat
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
damn you can throw in the 80's?
i just play for fun with a bunch of friends, totally forgot how much fun it use to be

eYezs1ck
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
i play in the ABKAL(Atlanta Baseball Korean Adult League)

aguynamedpat
06-03-2009, 12:15 AM
There is an all Korean league? Shit, that would be fun to get a scrimmage with your team. Would you guys be interested in maybe just playing a scrimmage game against us?

sogood
06-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Nvm

drpepper14
06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I had a scholarship to tech back in the day and walked on @ ksu before graduating but just got burnt out from so many years @ East Cobb, but wouldn't mind comin back to pitch again.

Just hit 93 again the other day throwing @ my old high school....the wife wants to see me play every time my parents start telling baseball stories, so i'm thinking of playing @ Georgia State while im in grad school and hey maybe I can go join a few of my buddies and get drafted?