PDA

View Full Version : My CAR IS OVERHEATING THIS TIME!!

hmong_Spec
05-29-2009, 07:17 AM
well, here's the story. two months ago, on my way back from NC, my car was overheating BAD. i didnt notice it till it was over pass H. opened my hood, and my hose had came off. plugged it back in and pour some water in there. got to Braselton, and it overheated agian. pour some more water in there. last week, my heater hose? ran out on me to, changed that to. ever since, my car been overheating. my fan is working, and i see no leaks anywhere. the car runs fine. im not sure if it's my thermostat, or my headgasket. one of my friend said its my headgasket and its leaking from the inside. but if its my headgasket, wouldnt my car have problem driving? HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

4DrTeg
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
thats y u dont drive your car to nc..take the truck next time..lol

hmong_Spec
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
lol, ell nah. when i reach 80 pmh, that shii shakes like crazy. lol.

thats y u dont drive your car to nc..take the truck next time..lol

speedminded
05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
well, here's the story. two months ago, on my way back from NC, my car was overheating BAD. i didnt notice it till it was over pass H. opened my hood, and my hose had came off. plugged it back in and pour some water in there. got to Braselton, and it overheated agian. pour some more water in there. last week, my heater hose? ran out on me to, changed that to. ever since, my car been overheating. my fan is working, and i see no leaks anywhere. the car runs fine. im not sure if it's my thermostat, or my headgasket. one of my friend said its my headgasket and its leaking from the inside. but if its my headgasket, wouldnt my car have problem driving? HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!Check the oil? What does it look like?

Maniacc
05-29-2009, 09:47 AM
well, here's the story. two months ago, on my way back from NC, my car was overheating BAD. i didnt notice it till it was over pass H. opened my hood, and my hose had came off. plugged it back in and pour some water in there. got to Braselton, and it overheated agian. pour some more water in there. last week, my heater hose? ran out on me to, changed that to. ever since, my car been overheating. my fan is working, and i see no leaks anywhere. the car runs fine. im not sure if it's my thermostat, or my headgasket. one of my friend said its my headgasket and its leaking from the inside. but if its my headgasket, wouldnt my car have problem driving? HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
Sounds like you're in a shitty position. If I were you I'd flush it all out(coolant) and check if your thermostat is working properly. If it is then you could have probably blown your headgasket coming back from NC since you clearly had your car running on H for some time - before you noticed... according to you.

If not that, check your airbags for leakage.

Wildjon
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Almost positive the HG is blown...hence the pressurization of the cooling system.

Barefoot
05-29-2009, 09:59 AM
do a comp test on both the rad and engine.

Maniacc
05-29-2009, 10:00 AM
do a comp test on both the rad and engine.
Also, don't forget to hit it with a hammer.

1civic
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Also, don't forget to hit it with a hammer.
I love the hammer, that shit fixes everything... :goodjob:

hmong_Spec
06-01-2009, 07:36 AM
the oil and everything is good. i end up changing the thermostat. it didnt overheat after that. but my old thermostat i tested it. i boiled some hot water, and put my old thermostat in there. The old thermostat end up opening. so im guessing the old one wasnt bad. But for some reason, my car is not overheating with the new thermostat. My new and my old thermostat both look diff. Any clue?

AnthonyF
06-01-2009, 08:58 AM
the oil and everything is good. i end up changing the thermostat. it didnt overheat after that. but my old thermostat i tested it. i boiled some hot water, and put my old thermostat in there. The old thermostat end up opening. so im guessing the old one wasnt bad. But for some reason, my car is not overheating with the new thermostat. My new and my old thermostat both look diff. Any clue?

Not ALL parts are identical. They just need to fit in properly and work properly. :goodjob:

Glad it was a simple fix. I still would suggest a compression test though.

-Ant.

ls-r teg
06-01-2009, 08:59 AM
did u bleed out the air pockets in ur radiator? or just throw water in there and ride ot

hmong_Spec
06-01-2009, 09:06 AM
i just thew water in there, and dipped out. am i suppose to bleed it? if so, any specific way to tell me how to bleed it?

did u bleed out the air pockets in ur radiator? or just throw water in there and ride ot

AnthonyF
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
i just thew water in there, and dipped out. am i suppose to bleed it? if so, any specific way to tell me how to bleed it?

You can leave the radiator cap off of it and leave it running till it burps.

-Ant.

Tech5
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
You can leave the radiator cap off of it and leave it running till it burps.

-Ant.

Note:

Some hondas have a bleeder on the thermostat neck, or on the upper water neck on the head.. this will bleed the air out properly

hondaxpurt
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Note:

Some hondas have a bleeder on the thermostat neck, or on the upper water neck on the head.. this will bleed the air out properly

good call sir....

speedminded
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
There is no reason why every car owner on this site doesn't have an OEM service manual, a Bentley manual, and/or at least a Haynes manual for their car...

Barefoot
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
There is no reason why every car owner on this site doesn't have an OEM service manual, a Bentley manual, and/or at least a Haynes manual for their car...lol if they did the GT section would be empty.

speedminded
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
lol if they did the GT section would be empty.I've bought service manuals for cars before I even bought the car before lol!

Barefoot
06-03-2009, 10:45 AM
I've bought service manuals for cars before I even bought the car before lol!ive always hard alldatapro or shopkey5 so ill have info on everything.

aguynamedpat
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Its a little odd that your stuck thermostat caused your car to overheat while driving. The air getting to the radiator should have been enough to keep the car cool while you were driving. I dealt with a shitload of stuck thermostats on DSM's and the car never ran hot until I stopped moving, then it would get hot because there was no air flowing through the radiator. Same thing if the fans dont work, it shouldnt run hot while driving.

Glad that fixed it, but you still may have a bigger issue.