PDA

View Full Version : New to the section

thirdgenss
05-28-2009, 09:21 PM
hey wassup everyone. ill probably be lurkin\posting in this section a lil now. i recently sold my honda and picked me up a '01 GSX-R 1000. she needs a lil work but will be a great bike in no time.

on my list of things to fix:
Cylinder Head side bolt leaks oil: the washer\gasket is missing. either gotta take it to a shop and get them to fix it or attempt it myself.

Previous owner has royally fucked the wiring harness, half assed alarm all cut into the harness. i need to try to get it out or just replace the harness itself

also he added an integrated tail light, which wasnt wired properly and doesnt work, so im looking for a whole stock undertail for it with the factory brake light and turn signals for the time being.

gas tank needs to be sprayed because right now its just rattle canned white. and i need to take aircraft stripper to the frame because they painted it blue and it looks stuipid in my opinion.

also on the list is a clear windscreen. it has a blue zero gravity on it and that just isnt my style. ill try to post some pictures up this weekend of it. if i get a tail light.

i cant wait to get it legal so i can get to riding. i rode it home from greensboro NC which is a 4hr ride from where i live. IN THE RAIN and it sucked. but i know its gonna be nice riding it when its beautiful weather.

Hondatwin23
05-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Congrats and good luck on the restoration process.hope to see you out soon