PDA

View Full Version : I just got robbed

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Ok so, my luck has been kind of down lately. My ex roommate was a good friend of mine who lost his job a few months back. So for 2 months I've been paying the rent/bills... as if that isn't hard enough to do being a small business owner in these shitty times. A few weeks ago I told him that he had to get another job and start helping or he's got to go so I can get a roommate who can. A few days later, he packed a big bag and jumped on a Greyhound to Texas, leaving behind all his personal items and clothes etc. He plans on coming back in a few months to pick all his stuff up, assuming I would store it for him (without asking me.) Unfortunately for him, he owes me money and I need to make up his portion of rent so I've been selling a bunch of his shit on Craigslist. He's pissed, but I warned him to have his wife get the shit or I'd sell it so... really, his bad.

Fast foward to today. I had a guy come over and buy some of his clothes, his basketball, and a few other things. He was also interested in a jacket and asked what the price was. I wasnt to sure what I had it listed as so I ran upstiars for ONE MINUTE to check the price and came back downstairs. Told him the price...made him a good deal... he paid me... he left.. WALA. Transaction done.

....or so I thought.

I notice that my 30GB Video Ipod Classic that was for sale was missing from the table. He was looking at it when he first walked in. That motherfucker took my Ipod!

I'm a shitty poker player but I put on a hell of a bluff. I called him on his cell and left him a message saying I know he took my Ipod and that he needed to return it immediately or I would clal the cops. Then I followed up with a text saying "Got vid. Last chance. Do whats right."

He immediatly calls me back -

Douchebag: (yelling) The fuck you talkin about I took your fuckin Ipod!??

Me: You didn't see the fuckin cam on top of the TV!? I almost got robbed yesterday when someone was here buyin shit! I put that shit up today. I know for a FACT you took it and I got it on fucking video.

Douchbag: (silence)

Me: Bring it back right now or I'm calling the cops. I got your first and last name and your cell number. Do whats right.

Douchbag: Alright go outside.

So he pulls up with his hand out the car holding my Ipod with the USB cord and the headphones:

Douchbag: My bad man.

Me: Why the fuck did you do that?

Douchbag: I been fuckin up man. Sorry.

I shook my head and gave him a disgusted look and he drove off. I can't belive I was so stupid to put so much trust in a stranger, assuming that everything would be fine if I left the room for 1 minute. I'm definitly setting up the handheld now everytime someone comes to buy shit for the next few days. :(

MongolPup
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
WOW. Bad situation, good ending.

Scotsman
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok so, my luck has been kind of down lately. My ex roommate was a good friend of mine who lost his job a few months back. So for 2 months I've been paying the rent/bills... as if that isn't hard enough to do being a small business owner in these shitty times. A few weeks ago I told him that he had to get another job and start helping or he's got to go so I can get a roommate who can. A few days later, he packed a big bag and jumped on a Greyhound to Texas, leaving behind all his personal items and clothes etc. He plans on coming back in a few months to pick all his stuff up, assuming I would store it for him (without asking me.) Unfortunately for him, he owes me money and I need to make up his portion of rent so I've been selling a bunch of his shit on Craigslist. He's pissed, but I warned him to have his wife get the shit or I'd sell it so... really, his bad.

Fast foward to today. I had a guy come over and buy some of his clothes, his basketball, and a few other things. He was also interested in a jacket and asked what the price was. I wasnt to sure what I had it listed as so I ran upstiars for ONE MINUTE to check the price and came back downstairs. Told him the price...made him a good deal... he paid me... he left.. WALA. Transaction done.

....or so I thought.

I notice that my 30GB Video Ipod Classic that was for sale was missing from the table. He was looking at it when he first walked in. That motherfucker took my Ipod!

I'm a shitty poker player but I put on a hell of a bluff. I called him on his cell and left him a message saying I know he took my Ipod and that he needed to return it immediately or I would clal the cops. Then I followed up with a text saying "Got vid. Last chance. Do whats right."

He immediatly calls me back -

Me: You didn't see the fuckin cam on top of the TV!? I almost got robbed yesterday when someone was here buyin shit! I put that shit up today. I know for a FACT you took it and I got it on fucking video.

Douchbag: (silence)

Me: Bring it back right now or I'm calling the cops. I got your first and last name and your cell number. Do whats right.

Douchbag: Alright go outside.

So he pulls up with his hand out the car holding my Ipod with the USB cord and the headphones:

Douchbag: My bad man.

Me: Why the fuck did you do that?

Douchbag: I been fuckin up man. Sorry.

I shook my head and gave him a disgusted look and he drove off. I can't belive I was so stupid to put so much trust in a stranger, assuming that everything would be fine if I left the room for 1 minute. I'm definitly setting up the handheld now everytime someone comes to buy shit for the next few days. :(damn bro , glad you got it back though , its hard to trust any CL people

BobbyFresco
05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Ummm....you can't sell your roomates shit in lieu of getting rent money. For serious.
Hope you don't get sued.

cactusEG
05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
y whould u let a stranger in ur place ?

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Ummm....you can't sell your roomates shit in lieu of getting rent money. For serious.
Hope you don't get sued.

Well, I've got a few emails written back and forth where i warned him to have his shit out of here by a certain date or I'd sell it. :thinking: I guess thats a bridge I'll have to cross when the time comes.

I need a beer.

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Why not? I've got a whole living room full of his/my stuff I am selling. It's like a garage sale... cept without the garage. :goodjob:

BobbyFresco
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, I've got a few emails written back and forth where i warned him to have his shit out of here by a certain date or I'd sell it. :thinking: I guess thats a bridge I'll have to cross when the time comes.

I need a beer.

I'm not hating, homie.
Just sayin'.

cactusEG
05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Why not? I've got a whole living room full of his/my stuff I am selling. It's like a garage sale... cept without the garage. :goodjob:

LOL and u ask "why not"....

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not hating, homie.
Just sayin'.
'preciate it :goodjob:

MachNU
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Actually he can. Its the same situation as a mechanics lien. its his apartment, dude owned him money, guy left, didnt pay, there fore its his property. Any small claims court would side with him.

BobbyFresco
05-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Actually he can. Its the same situation as a mechanics lien. its his apartment, dude owned him money, guy left, didnt pay, there fore its his property. Any small claims court would side with him.

Not true but I digress...I mean it isn't MY shit being sold so it doesn't matter to me either way....

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL and u ask "why not"....

Good Point. :doh:

MachNU
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Not true but I digress...I mean it isn't MY shit being sold so it doesn't matter to me either way....

Yeah it is. The guy abandoned his stuff....and if he abandoned it, while its in the first guys possesion then it becomes his! :dunno:

ArK
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
haha you should call the doushbag and tell him there was never a cam haha wow his reason was hilarious

FasTech
05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Well played my friend. As far as you selling an ex-friends shit, if you've told him a few time to get it, etc, I would sell it to pay the rent. I mean, you even said you paid everything for awhile when he was staying with you so I see know problem.

BobbyFresco
05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah it is. The guy abandoned his stuff....and if he abandoned it, while its in the first guys possesion then it becomes his! :dunno:

It isn't abandonment from the jump.
By law, a certain time period has to pass before property can be considered abandoned...Granted, that time may have come and gone, and I'm not an attorney by any means, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

MachNU
05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
It isn't abandonment from the jump.
By law, a certain time period has to pass before property can be considered abandoned...Granted, that time may have come and gone, and I'm not an attorney by any means, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

agreed on that! :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Video or it didn't happen. Later, QD.

Gutling
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Sucked that he stole it, but he 1/3 redeemed himself by at least returning it. because honestly had you called the police they would not have done jack :( at least you got it back

MachNU
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM

:lmfao:

One_Bad_SHO
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM

All I've got is my pa-pa-pa poker face pa-pa poker face!

:goodjob:

BanginJimmy
05-28-2009, 08:08 PM

I need a beer.

If he has been gone for more than 30 days since you told him you were selling the stuff if he didnt get it, it is considered abandoned and reverts to you because it was in your place.

TIGERJC
05-28-2009, 08:13 PM
X2

Never have ppl come to your house, meet them at a public place. Garage sale is different than advertising your goods online and then having ppl come to your house to pick up the item(s). You got lucky on this one

yungdz
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
lol your lucky you didn't get shot. Good job though and quick thinking.

BABY J
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
NEVER meet a stranger at your house fuckhead. Esp from CL.

BABY J
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I bet he took your wallet while he was giving you the ipod back.

BABY J
05-28-2009, 08:20 PM
This would have been funnier...

Douchbag: Yeah I saw it on top of the TV, but I bet if you look YOU won't b/c I stole that too. You suck at poker.:taun: <hangs up>

BABY J
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Or even funnier... he tells you to come outside... and makes you wait a few mins while he "looks for it"... a few of his buddies break in your back door and steal your toilet your TV, your beer and your pocket pussy.

BABY J
05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Orrr.... this would be even funnier...

Just kidding.

MongolPup
05-28-2009, 08:40 PM
i got bad news for anyone trying to steal my **** i own a ak-47 and i will shoot my own car up to kill a muther****

Just wanted to remind everyone in case they forgot.

Echonova
05-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I will never forget.

MongolPup
05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I will never forget.

I bought something.

Echonova
05-28-2009, 09:06 PM
A playground?

Kasper
05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
sucks dude.. glad you got your shit back though.. nice play!

MongolPup
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
A playground?

No, a few kids.

Echonova
05-28-2009, 09:20 PM
No, a few kids.If they're not from China that was probably illegal.

MongolPup
05-28-2009, 09:28 PM
If they're not from China that was probably illegal.

They were motorex kids. Grandfathered in.

Ran
05-29-2009, 08:21 AM
They were motorex kids. Grandfathered in. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

SlowsterCivy
05-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Um, I would never leave a stranger in my house while running upstairs. He'd have to come with me, or wait outside....

ShooterMcGavin
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
you need to rethink the whole strangers coming to YOUR place to get stuff method...:no:

Atlblkz06
05-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Just a sign of the bad times - Sorry to hear!

Elbow
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Damn that sucks, that's good he actually returned it. That's why I am always nervous doing business at my house, I usually meet at a store down the road or something.

The Ninja
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
All I've got is my pa-pa-pa poker face pa-pa poker face!

:goodjob:

Thread was great until here....at this point it made a 74* turn towards HOMOSEXUALITY.