PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Highest WHP K20A3 in the nation?

Vteckidd
10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
This is Chunkys Motor. We tuned it last night and as far as i know he is the only Cammed K20A3 motor in the country, and he makes the highest whp K20A3 that i have seen.

These are his CUSTOM RAZ CAMS that he has engineered, as you can see, he makes 27whp over stock, WITHOUT VTC. With VTC the numbers will go up drastically. He is awaiting a piece to contold VTC safely. We sould begin VTC tuning this week.

This dyno is his TUNED plot vs Stock plot vs Untuned Raz Cams plot.

http://www.razid.com/images/RazCams/tuned_hp.jpg

what does this mean?

we overlaid my old motors graph(187whp GSR) with Chunkys current graph. he had me beat everywhere, i made SLIGHTLY more whp up top , but he had me on bottom end and midrange all the way until about 8300rpms. and i mean BY ALOT. i suspect when he turns VTC on, he'll have me up top as well.

We then had a 02 RSX type S with Bolt ons get tuned right after chunky. Chunky made more peak HP than the TypeS.

not bad considering:
1) my old motor had WAY more done to it then his. He has Cams, Header, Intake, Exhaust, KPRO. still a stock block and unported head.

2) K20A3 motors are DIRT cheap compared to their Type-S counterparts. and hes making more power than one right now, WITHOUT VTC

3) This gives people with EP3s a glimmer of hope ;) :tongue:

Great to see a grass roots research and development project in the works. i know chunky has spent lots of time on this, and its good to see his hard work is paying off.

single_cam_ham
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Those cams are really good!! To add that much power to a K20a3 is awesome!
the a3's put down like 130 to the wheels, right?

ECE3040
10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Is k20a3 the non type s rsx?

KenRed
10-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Is k20a3 the non type s rsx?
yeah, the RSX base/SI Civic

99SI
10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Good to see. Congrats to Chunky and Mainstream, I am looking forward to seeing the numbers for some projects in the works now. Keep up the good work.

99SI
10-03-2005, 01:53 PM
BTW Mike, I read another article on the new K20Z3 in the 06Si. The HP numbers of 197 are based on a new SAE standard, on the new standard the 04 RSX-S(K20A2) w/ 210HP would be making 201HP. Just an FYI on that little tid bit that I found.