PDA

View Full Version : Possible Virsus..HAILP!

Elbow
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Ok so I formatted my computer yesterday, and installed Windows again (just to refresh it there wasn't a problem.)

Then I plugged in my USB flash drive which has a RAR file of Photoshop on it.

A few hours later I got a message saying the usual your computer is in danger and your personal stuff blah blah. I think ok yeah yeah.

Then today it started coming up with errors saying Explorer will now close. Not IE but Explorer.

I formatted my hard drive AGAIN, and right when I turned the computer back on after installing drivers and Firefox it came up again, but ONLY when using Firefox. :screwy: I deleted IE.

I formatted the drive and stuck it in my girlfriends computer and ran a virus check on it, it came up with 3, autorun and something they were called. Her computer also had the Explorer message, any ideas what virus this is or how to get rid of it?

Any input appreciated. :goodjob:

Elbow
05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Now my girlfriends computer starts, but right as the Windows bells play it skips, and the screen goes blue. See photo for what it says.

Nemesis
05-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Its the T-virus.

Careful if it mutates.

Elbow
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Are you kidding? lol

What's the T Virus? Swine flu?

Elbow
05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
NOW I can get to safe mode, but no matter what mode I choose it comes with the blue screen. Anything else off that list I should try and run?

Allshow97
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Try launching safe mode with networking. Go and download Malware Bytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). You can get it at download.com

After you download and install it, run a full system scan and see if it finds anything. Hope this helps.

Paul
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
i would check out event logs to see if anything is failing...

Elbow
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't know how to check ANYTHING since I can't get Windows to open. Any other ways to access it?

I gave Safe Mode With Networking a shot and it crashed then too. :(

Paul
05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
try doing repair on windows... also you may want to try reloading last known good config... should be an option, but it may be corrupt as well.

Allshow97
05-29-2009, 11:59 AM
try doing repair on windows... also you may want to try reloading last known good config... should be an option, but it may be corrupt as well.

That's what I was going to suggest. But this "virus" sounds like it's injecting itself into vital system processes and or config files. If it get to the blue desktop loading screen then spits a BSOD then it's definitely jacking with system processes and files. A windows repair should to the trick.

guinness
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
try these free downloads after you do a windows repair to see what may come up and then wipe anything that moves.

superantispyware.com.
"start superantispyware when windows starts","use windows XP style menus",and inth Vista security center" if you are running Vista. also select "do not scan when superantispyware starts" and "check for updates before starting on startup".do a complete scan and kill anything that it finds.

malwarebytes anti-malware(malwarebytes.org)
install,run update,and run a complete system scan.kill whatever it finds.

panda activescan 2.0(pandasecurity.com/activescan/index)
just an added extra feature that you may want to run in addition to the rest of these.

good luck!!!