PDA

View Full Version : G35TT vs 240SX vs TT 350Z

tony
10-01-2005, 09:04 AM
I know I said I wouldnt post about it but I'm bored at work right now..lol

G35 TT vs. 240SX (Nyteryder) vs TT 350Z

First I will say everyone that was there was the coolest group of people I've met in a while. Of course you're going to have your random showoffs but everyone was cool and laid back, but on to the good stuff...

Its hard to say who won.. Nyteryder consistently got the jump on me and I'd finally even things up well over 100mph but by then we would shut down. I will say that 240 is FAST, people told me his car was quick but I really wasnt expecting that. That was surely the best race I've had yet and I cant wait to see the 240 at import showdown.

The 350Z kept missing 3rd gear and couldn't shift into 5th cause of transmission problems, from 40mph we were dead even all of the way, more of a drivers race than anything but we have the same TT kit putting down just about the same amount of horsepower so I expected it to be even or to actually lose.

There was a turbo'd WS6 there but dude would just take off on his own without notice so we never could get a good run. Nothing against the guy (I didnt get to meet him) but as it was last night he probably would have lost from what I saw.

Not sure if I'll be out tonight cause I got in at 3:30am and had to be at work at 8:00am, my car was still warmed up this morning when I started it up. It just depends if I'm that tired later on, either way it was a fun night. thanks!

btw.. estis I saw you on barrett last night and tried to catch up with you, it would have been nice to have had a camera guy in one of the cars.

tony
10-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Oh yeah and I finally saw the guy with the black viper that likes to pop his hood and rev the engine all damn night.. :rolleyes: very interesting guy to say the least..

benwaballs
10-01-2005, 09:26 AM
sounds like you guys had some good fun! and there was a little better crowd than last time...nice kills, iam going to be grounded for a few weeks now that my fiance finally got moved in. so iam not going to be able to make it out for a while :doh:

Nyteryder
10-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I know I said I wouldnt post about it but I'm bored at work right now..lol

G35 TT vs. 240SX (Nyteryder) vs TT 350Z

First I will say everyone that was there was the coolest group of people I've met in a while. Of course you're going to have your random showoffs but everyone was cool and laid back, but on to the good stuff...

Its hard to say who won.. Nyteryder consistently got the jump on me and I'd finally even things up well over 100mph but by then we would shut down. I will say that 240 is FAST, people told me his car was quick but I really wasnt expecting that. That was surely the best race I've had yet and I cant wait to see the 240 at import showdown.

The 350Z kept missing 3rd gear and couldn't shift into 5th cause of transmission problems, from 40mph we were dead even all of the way, more of a drivers race than anything but we have the same TT kit putting down just about the same amount of horsepower so I expected it to be even or to actually lose.

There was a turbo'd WS6 there but dude would just take off on his own without notice so we never could get a good run. Nothing against the guy (I didnt get to meet him) but as it was last night he probably would have lost from what I saw.

Not sure if I'll be out tonight cause I got in at 3:30am and had to be at work at 8:00am, my car was still warmed up this morning when I started it up. It just depends if I'm that tired later on, either way it was a fun night. thanks!

btw.. estis I saw you on barrett last night and tried to catch up with you, it would have been nice to have had a camera guy in one of the cars.

Without a dought the closest race I have had in my car to date. We ran a number of times with consistant outcomes. We do have a few of them on video, I will see if the guy can host them. As far as the turboed ws6, him and I talked while we were at best buy and he claims on methanol(9 psi) he is putting 600whp and pump(5psi) over 500whp, but any way he said he wanted to run me so without telling anyone we got on the hwy but 30+ cars followed. First 4 attempts we stoped because he does not know how to wait for a 3 honk so finally I got ready and just waited for him to move and I took off right behind him, that run I beat him by 2 cars or so, our only other good run is after I raced tony and the 350 we had to do a 75mph roll instead of a 45 because he would not wait to stage but he won this race with a jump and an early shut down by 1/2 car. I will most likely be out tonight I will se if we can get a camera in 1 of our cars.

PhAtBoYMr2
10-01-2005, 10:00 AM
damn i wanna see the video

you guys going out tonight?

The Ren
10-01-2005, 10:08 AM
^Im with you I wanna see this vid...

I'll be out for a bit tonight too

Goldollar
10-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Nice meeting u last night Tony, those were some good runs. We have to do it again. I only wish we were capable of running upwards of 140 mph, that would have defenitly put you back in the race. And fuck you foo i talked to that night and told you to come out, I didnt know we were going to races but you said you were going to call me back. Your loss!

PhAtBoYMr2
10-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Nice meeting u last night Tony, those were some good runs. We have to do it again.

you fuckin ho, i called u to ride and u cant call no one back :2up:

Batman
10-01-2005, 10:49 AM
that meet was one of the nicest so far, all cool people, very nice cars, and even the owner of the place gave us permission to stay there, i picked a buncha bottles up guys and tossed them in a trash can, thats the stuff that gets us kicked out btw...but all good, hopefully tonight will be as much fun as last night=)

tony
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Nice meeting u last night Tony, those were some good runs. We have to do it again. I only wish we were capable of running upwards of 140 mph, that would have defenitly put you back in the race. And fuck you foo i talked to that night and told you to come out, I didnt know we were going to races but you said you were going to call me back. Your loss!

Definitely, I was wondering where do you guys do the transmission swaps at?

PhAtBoYMr2
10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Definitely, I was wondering where do you guys do the transmission swaps at?

top secret phatboy racing headquarters

Goldollar
10-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Theres actually no secert when you think about it. Ghetto tunning in the garage.

tony
10-01-2005, 11:02 AM
I may have to stop through some time, just from talking to you guys last night you have a good amount of knowledge of what you're doing.. that is kind of hard to find these days.

tony
10-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Theres actually no secert when you think about it. Ghetto tunning in the garage.

oh okay, pretty much how I do it now then.. no lift of course

Goldollar
10-01-2005, 11:03 AM
thats coo we can talk. You gonna be out tonight?

Goldollar
10-01-2005, 11:04 AM
I wish i had i lift. If my garage could fit a lift i would tjrow on e in there.

tony
10-01-2005, 11:08 AM
If work doesnt tire me out too bad (obviously it isnt since I'm on here) I'll be out there, I'm not really sure yet though.

350zprincess
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi tony this is Susan. I hope you come out tonight It'll be fun to run againg but this time we'll have a video to post.

350zprincess
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
This is my Dyno Sheet:
http://z1-motorsports.com/imageGallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=album15&id=power_torque_AF_SAE

350zprincess
10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Here is a picture of my car:
http://z1-motorsports.com/imageGallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=album15&id=042_42

tony
10-01-2005, 02:23 PM
It was good seeing ya again Susan, the car looks good and running strong. Once you take it up to Chicago I'm going to have to take mine up there as well.

v10sloboy
10-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Tell the guy with the 350z that I have a few trannys for him. He can pm me for info

SMOKENU
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Without a dought the closest race I have had in my car to date. We ran a number of times with consistant outcomes. We do have a few of them on video, I will see if the guy can host them. As far as the turboed ws6, him and I talked while we were at best buy and he claims on methanol(9 psi) he is putting 600whp and pump(5psi) over 500whp, but any way he said he wanted to run me so without telling anyone we got on the hwy but 30+ cars followed. First 4 attempts we stoped because he does not know how to wait for a 3 honk so finally I got ready and just waited for him to move and I took off right behind him, that run I beat him by 2 cars or so, our only other good run is after I raced tony and the 350 we had to do a 75mph roll instead of a 45 because he would not wait to stage but he won this race with a jump and an early shut down by 1/2 car. I will most likely be out tonight I will se if we can get a camera in 1 of our cars.

That guy is not putting down no where near 600RWHP :liar:. This guy with methanol would be lucky to hit 450Rwhp on 9PSI. I'm sure it was a good run but he is full of SHIT.I have had one of those shitty kits on my car nad I was running more PSI and a Cam and all bolt ons and did not make that. Good run though. By the way that car at 9PSI is a ticking time bomb with the compression of an LS1. He also does not have a fuel pump. So you can give it a couple of weeks and then BOOM. I warn all who race him be careful it WILL blow up.

WINDSOR
10-01-2005, 07:29 PM
That guy is not putting down no where near 600RWHP :liar:. This guy with methanol would be lucky to hit 450Rwhp on 9PSI. I'm sure it was a good run but he is full of SHIT.I have had one of those shitty kits on my car nad I was running more PSI and a Cam and all bolt ons and did not make that. Good run though. By the way that car at 9PSI is a ticking time bomb with the compression of an LS1. He also does not have a fuel pump. So you can give it a couple of weeks and then BOOM. I warn all who race him be careful it WILL blow up.

is that the one with the STS rear mount kit that i heard was leaking oil everywhere a few weeks ago? Yeah,i'd have to agree if nyteriders 240 pulled on that car its making no where near 500 rwhp.

SMOKENU
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
is that the one with the STS rear mount kit that i heard was leaking oil everywhere a few weeks ago? Yeah,i'd have to agree if nyteriders 240 pulled on that car its making no where near 500 rwhp.

Yeah thats the one. he tore the oil return line on a speed bump.

Nyteryder
10-01-2005, 08:42 PM

You are most likely right, I am only going by what the owner said, on the other hand golddollar worked for the shop that did his car and said the kit he purchased gave him around 450whp. I dont know.

TranceDJ06
10-01-2005, 08:56 PM
:goodjob: Niice.

Speedm0(\)key
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
sounds like a sweet run, wish i could have seen it, dont wanna get pulled over for being brown on a friday night

Nyteryder
10-02-2005, 01:34 AM
ha ha

tony
10-02-2005, 04:34 AM
Tell the guy with the 350z that I have a few trannys for him. He can pm me for info

I'm going to need one too.. 3rd gear went completely out tonight

Nyteryder
10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Where were u when this happen

Tank
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
just wondering does any of yall build yall transmission up or upgrade your transmissions and there still goin out or are these stockk transmission

tony
10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Where were u when this happen

We were actually just riding around downtown and was about to head home. No racing or anything, just merging into traffic at 4am the car starts acting weird in 3rd, now the rpm's just go up in 3rd and does nothing else. I knew I was going to have to get it replaced some time or another.

DrivenMind
10-02-2005, 12:48 PM

I was trying to get a hold of you all night man, but no one seemed to have your number. I left Barrett to film a freeway run between Half Baked and a stock SRT-4. We I saw your car when we went up to BP @ G-net, but no one had your number. I ended up filming a few small races here and there and eventually filming some lunatics in a 15.0 second M3 convertible who kept screaming about how fast their car was. Which as slow as the M3 was it was pretty entertaining to see that tiny kid screaming every-time they lost to one car or another. I also got some good video of Silver Jesters car on the freeway which I'll add to mix eventually.

Oh ya and I got in at 6 am because my buddy decided he wanted me to film him doing doughnuts in his newly running RB 240.

It'll be a good video when I get it all edited.
PM me with your cell so I can get in contact with you next weekend and get some footage.

HalfBaked
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to see the video!

Nyteryder
10-02-2005, 03:51 PM
We were actually just riding around downtown and was about to head home. No racing or anything, just merging into traffic at 4am the car starts acting weird in 3rd, now the rpm's just go up in 3rd and does nothing else. I knew I was going to have to get it replaced some time or another.
how long til your car is back running

350zprincess
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Even with out having mods the 350z transmission is known for going out. I spoke with several Z owners and they all said that 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gears are known to go out eventually. I'm in the process of getting a new trany but instead of getting a stock one i'll try to get the nismo trany. I guess I'll know by the end of next week to see if i can do it

Doppelgänger
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Whats up guys.. and gal ;) ... looks like i missed some good racing.... but then again, you guys missed the mountain run sat. night... we had the roads all to ourselves with no problems :)

Tony... your car is one bad mofo...yo... and NO , i wont race you... :D

Now we gotta get Leanne or Zeke (or however its spelled) to post the vids of my little fun....

tony
10-02-2005, 06:43 PM
how long til your car is back running

I got one coming this week.. as far as getting it installed I'm not sure but import showdown is out now. :mad:

Nyteryder
10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
since stikiller is looking for my post I will help him out