PDA

View Full Version : P0132 Trouble Code

preferredduck
05-26-2009, 06:11 PM
ok sunday i was on my way home during the flash flood here in winder. i have a short ram intake and an evo carbon fiber hood so water can get under my hood. i was driving nice and slow when my engine bogged, my accessory belt suealed a little and i spit this CEL. took it to the parts store and had it scanned p0132, primary heated 02 Sensor high voltage. the code will not go away. from what i have read with this one it is not always the sensor. i cleaned my air filter, turned down my fuel pressure to 45psi w/out the vacuum line attached, and since have spit the code again. high voltage means a rich mixture from what i was reading and the code is different than what it has given me before when the 02 really was bad. i am going to check the wiring to make sure it's ok and thats not the problem. the 02 is has not given me any codes or even slow respon se codes. any help would be appreciated before i replace the sensor.

Barefoot
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/83242351.gif

preferredduck
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM
i do have anair/fuel meter that was installed by the previous owner but the guage worked so i don't think the wires would be screwed there, i'm thinking wiring/ corrosion, or something other than a bad 02 for the simple fact the voltage is reading on the high side, instead of low voltage/lazy 02 reading. i'm gonna crawl under the car tonight and look at the connections. i read a lot of people with this same code it's usually bad wiring or loose connectors.

MidLifeCrisis
05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
it needs an O2 sensor.

Barefoot
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
follow the flow chart and ull have your answer without having to guess.

preferredduck
05-27-2009, 02:16 AM
follow the flow chart and ull have your answer without having to guess.

thats what im doing in the morning. i doubt the sensor is bad most likely wiring, considering there was work done on the cat and exhaust last week i think wiring.

preferredduck
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
its nt my O2 sensor, switched them out and same problem. had my dizzy cap crumble apart that was 8mos old. i'm thinking spark plugs are bad. everything is good and for some reason i think the plugs i got went to shit.

Barefoot
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
its nt my O2 sensor, switched them out and same problem. had my dizzy cap crumble apart that was 8mos old. i'm thinking spark plugs are bad. everything is good and for some reason i think the plugs i got went to shit.lol u know what u must do.

preferredduck
05-28-2009, 01:26 AM
lol u know what u must do.

dump the denso iridiums that were recomended for my setup that i dont think were. they lasted for 8mos and less than 20k miles.

preferredduck
05-28-2009, 06:43 PM
ok after changing the sensor i am now getting a p0131 code for low voltage to the sensor. WTF is up with that. high/ low/ inbetween. im getting frustrated at the car now for sure.