PDA

View Full Version : Need a Getrag 5 speed rebuilt.

winmutt
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Suggestions? This is a 275 (Mercedes) but should be fairly similar to the 265 line.

stephen
05-27-2009, 02:52 AM
http://www.europeantransmissions.com/

the owner's name is "herbert." he rebuilt the transmission in my mom's c230 kompressor, and did an EXCELLENT job. he also went FAR BEYOND honring his warranty. a year later we brought the car back because we had an issue with the tranny's computer, and he paid the tow fee to bring it back, and took a look and fixed it without a problem or extra money on our part. we haven't had a problem SINCE! he's a pretty cool dude to talk to also (he has some rare shit from germany stuffed in his shop, and a few wide body 911's tucked away in the back). tell him stephen sent you, with the 99 c230 kompressor and porsche boxster. his wife also runs the business with him, and she knows her shit too! he's a little difficult to understand (he came here from germany, and speaks danglish from time to time...german/english mix), but he'll get the work done and at a resonable price.

they're waaaaaay up north though in cumming. i have a tow company that i FREQUENTLY use, and he charged us $75 from decatur to cummings! let me know if you need that info too.

winmutt
04-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Must be the spring fever to get this fixed. Year later still nothing. Getrag 275 is a 5 speed manual trans. Similar I am guessing to the 260 which is in the BMW e30.