PDA

View Full Version : Sony KDS-50A2000 information...

AnthonyF
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
~There is no electronics section anymore so only place I can find where this fits~

I am looking to purchase a 50" Sony LCD tv but the person selling it says it developed a yellow tint when they moved to their new house. It still works fine, but has a yellow tint.

Does anyone have any knowledge of LCD tv's? I found a place that selling the bulbs for the tv for 163 bucks and if it is just the bulb then i'd still purchase this tv. Or do you think there is something really wrong with it? I want to take a look at it but he's very far from me so before I make the long haul for a TV i can't repair or will cost an ass load to fix.

-Ant.

Z0_o6
05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
i would just save myself a headache and find one that has no issues, unless this is a STEAL.

DemonEyez
05-27-2009, 06:25 AM
~There is no electronics section anymore so only place I can find where this fits~

I am looking to purchase a 50" Sony LCD tv but the person selling it says it developed a yellow tint when they moved to their new house. It still works fine, but has a yellow tint.

Does anyone have any knowledge of LCD tv's? I found a place that selling the bulbs for the tv for 163 bucks and if it is just the bulb then i'd still purchase this tv. Or do you think there is something really wrong with it? I want to take a look at it but he's very far from me so before I make the long haul for a TV i can't repair or will cost an ass load to fix.

-Ant.

i have the 42a2000 and mines still running perfect.

Its a good tv with really good PQ. As for the yellow tint, it could be the bulb, but no real way to make sure. Projection tv's whose's bulbs are getting old tend to turn yellowish and dull. but again could be other things as well. I havnt run into any issues with mine though just yet though

Paul
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
dude i would just stay away from it - save up some more $ and guy something new with warranty