PDA

View Full Version : speaker wiring question..

JITB
05-25-2009, 09:09 PM
So today i decided to pull my speakers out of my protege which isnt working, and put them into the 929. because they are blown, I have a aftermarket radio, running thru the factory amp. My speaker wire for each speaker has a 4 wire plug, do i need to connect all 4 or just the 2 + and -? i started but it started to rain so i quit for the day.. Would just connecting the + and - be ok?

And another question.. Should i just go get some speaker wire, and just hard wire all speakers straight from the radio, and bypass the factory amp? Would it save the hassle im gonna have with this ancient factory amp when i add a sub, and amp?

mr.koupe
05-25-2009, 09:14 PM
its best to bypass the factory amp when you add in an aftermarket speaker setup, headunit, and amp/sub ... just my :2cents: gl and just pm me if you have any questions on it :goodjob:

JITB
05-26-2009, 02:40 AM
its best to bypass the factory amp when you add in an aftermarket speaker setup, headunit, and amp/sub ... just my :2cents: gl and just pm me if you have any questions on it :goodjob:

so sounds like ive got a fun filled day of running wires tomorrow... :(

patrick4588
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
make sure to run the speaker wires on the opposite side of the power wire. go ahead and plan out what you want to do with the sub/amp combo that way you wont have to re run everything later.