PDA

View Full Version : General Chat SUUUUPER CHEEP INSURANCE?

e_pirate1337
05-25-2009, 03:56 AM
Ok, Does any body have any ideas of who I should call about super cheap, bottom of the barrel, no frills car insurance?

I just want to be able to drive my heap to and from shows and events
" legaly".

Geico tried to screw me with the old switcheroo and double my quote at the very last second.

I am aware of "pleasure/collector car insurance" but they want every thing short of a colonic map before insuring my crappy car.

any body got any ideas?

i know there has to be one company out there thats willing to take my money for not much in return.

ha maybe ill start my own insurance company:goodjob:

junior_tm
05-25-2009, 04:12 AM
safeauto maybe

Turbodude06
05-25-2009, 06:42 AM
first off tell them ur car is stock with no modifications, stock cars are always cheaper.....................

David88vert
05-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Talk to your insurance company about stated mileage, if you don't drive it much. Also check Hagerty Ins. I hear that they are reasonable.

Barefoot
05-25-2009, 07:19 AM
ok this is what i did with my first POS. i just went to the worst part of town and found the crappiest insurance place i could. they was by far the cheapest but like i said the crappiest. i dont know what would of happened if i had a wreck but thank god i never had to find out.

AnthonyF
05-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Geico is a rip off.

I have esurance on my bike, they were 4k less than Geico.

-Ant.

quickdodgeŽ
05-25-2009, 08:24 AM
first off tell them ur car is stock with no modifications, stock cars are always cheaper.....................

Best advice in the thread. Do this so that when you do fuck up your car and that several thousand in mods is all crapped out, you'll be shit out of luck. Smart move.

Now an actual answer would look like this (or similar to it):

I use a spot in in Conyers for all three of my cars and pay only $109/month. Two 2004 cars and a 1979 car. Later, QD.

Atlblkz06
05-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Best advice in the thread. Do this so that when you do fuck up your car and that several thousand in mods is all crapped out, you'll be shit out of luck. Smart move.

From the few wrecks I've seen, the mods don't really get screwed up (engine mods that is). 90% of the mods survive because they're in the engine bay. The intercooler is quick to perish and the body gets banged up with most wrecks - but the mods survive.

Besides - when you tell em you have mods they jack up the rates quite a bit and you lose more money over 6 months that way than if you wreck.

I'd rather run the risk of crashing than pay those greedy mofos. Insurance is the biggest scam out there...

VickNotic
05-25-2009, 11:05 AM
i'd say and or geico if your driving records are clean. $312 6 month w/geico full coverage

Atlblkz06
05-25-2009, 11:11 AM
i'd say and or geico if your driving records are clean. $312 6 month w/geico full coverage

You cant compare numbers straight up - his age and car year/model matter a lot.

2rotor
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
omg does age matter!
geico charges me $174/month for 3 cars and two drivers, it WAS $154, but then they did a 'random' driving record check and found out i had a speeding ticket from 2007, 2 years ago!
when i turn 25, my insurance had better drop considerably, or im going to be pissed.

also, i got a quote from progressive and they were going to charge me $25/month less than geico with the same violations claimed.

e_pirate1337
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for all the replys.
yeah its my 77 datsun bone stock... for now. and im 25. 3.6 gpa haha

Esurance dosent go past 1981 and hagerty and the like act as if im trying to insure a $ 500,000 museum peice haha.

I might try that cruising thru the ghetto thing.
Hey Qd could you pm me the name of that place you have out of conyers.
do you think theyd insure me since im in fulton co.

i was surprised at geico, tho i had heard of their shenannigans
they origionaly quoted me &314 for 6 months. Thats with me answering the question about my speeding ticket in feb of this year. That was the cheapest quote in town, even cheaper than safe auto. Then after entering my cc info and every thing they were like " OMG ALERT WE TOTALLY FOUND THIS SPEEDING TICKET SCUMBAG!! NEW QUOTE IS 614HAHA!!" crazy.

thanks for all the replys.
pm me any super cheapo local companys you guys might know of.
i just have one 1977 67hp hatch back to insure damn lol
these insurance mafioso types got a real racket going with this state mandatory bullshit

quickdodgeŽ
05-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Sent. Later, QD.

e_pirate1337
05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Hey thanks qd.
lol the girl on the phone didnt understand what a datsun was, it totally blew her mind and the minds of most other insurance places.
didnt these people live through the 70's and 80's haha.

Well im finally legal
I dont wanna advertise or any thing so lets just say
"I have an aisle."
they werent THE cheapest but they didnt turn me away
and i could buy online

Whats the deal with you gotta have insurance to get insurance WTF.
any hoo, the nightmare is over and ill be reprezntin' at meets and shows and such.
Thanks every body.