PDA

View Full Version : Sports UFC 98 - Predictions

One_Bad_SHO
05-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I'll post a FREE LIVESTREAM tonight so everyone whos not going out can watch it online. So what are your predictions?

Main Event - UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
Lyoto Machida (204) VS Rashad Evans (205)

Matt Serra (171) VS Matt Hughes (170)
Drew McFedries (185) VS Xavier Foupa-Pokam (186)
Dan Miller (185) VS Chael Sonnen (186)
Frank Edgar (155) VS Sean Sherk (156)

Mike Pyle (172*) VS Brock Larson (171)
Tim Hague (263) Vs Pat Barry (237)
Kyle Bradley (156) VS Phillipe Nover (156)
Andre Gusmao (206) VS Krzysztof Soszynski (206)
Brandon Wolff (170) VS Yoshiyuki Yoshida (171)
George Roop (154) VS Dave Kaplan (156)

soul
05-23-2009, 04:47 PM
preciate the link when ya put it up

HyPer50
05-23-2009, 05:14 PM

I removed the ones that I have no prediction for.

One_Bad_SHO
05-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I coulda swore Lesnar and Mir were going at it again this time around??

"Lyoto Machida (204) VS Rashad Evans (205)

Frank Edgar (155) VS Sean Sherk (156)"

Thats about right....

asshowl
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Main event Evans vs Lyoto
I think Evans has the best resume of the two (Lidell, Forrest,Tito,) even though he caught them on the way out , Experience is gonna show on the fight not to mention Evans started at heavyweight so I cant see how Lyoto is gonna hurt him. On the other hand Lyoto does have a very difficult style to look good against hes so "elusive" in other words this guy very defensive and rarely leads but he is coming a very impressive ko of Vera i think his name was which he was supposed to be a striker. I think on paper Evans has all the right advantages but you never know .............my pick is Evans by dec. i'd be very impressed if Evans stopped Lyoto.

Serra vs Hughes
These two guys are really not in their prime theyre vets but whats interesting about this fight is that they seem to genuinely dislike each other. Hughes is no where near the dominant force he once was but he is a "wrastler" which hell have to use to neutralize Serras heavy hands. Hughes is motivated but well see how much he has left in him if anything, Serra In my opinion has a better chance of beating Hughes now instead of 2 or 3 years ago when this fight should of taken place, If he ko's Hughes I would not be surprised................I slightly favor Serra in this one.

Edgar vs Sherk
Sherk has better stand up better oh what the hell am i saying theres no way Edgar wins this ........Sherk takes this by a dominating performance

Miller vs Sonen
I may be wrong but i havent seen miller fight in the octagon but should be a good fight .......its a toss up fight for me
Enjoy

ironchef
05-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I'll post a FREE LIVESTREAM tonight so everyone whos not going out can watch it online. So what are your predictions?

Drew McFedries (185) VS Xavier Foupa-Pokam (186)
Dan Miller (185) VS Chael Sonnen (186)

Mike Pyle (172*) VS Brock Larson (171)
Tim Hague (263) Vs Pat Barry (237)
Kyle Bradley (156) VS Phillipe Nover (156)
Andre Gusmao (206) VS Krzysztof Soszynski (206)
Brandon Wolff (170) VS Yoshiyuki Yoshida (171)
George Roop (154) VS Dave Kaplan (156)Theres mine.

soul
05-23-2009, 08:18 PM
link to stream neone?

n2daizo123
05-24-2009, 12:57 AM
here is the title fight

Evans vs Machida (http://www.myvideofight.com/UFC/Evans-vs-Machida-Video)

DieselNuts
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Main event Evans vs Lyoto
I think Evans has the best resume of the two (Lidell, Forrest,Tito,) even though he caught them on the way out , Experience is gonna show on the fight not to mention Evans started at heavyweight so I cant see how Lyoto is gonna hurt him. On the other hand Lyoto does have a very difficult style to look good against hes so "elusive" in other words this guy very defensive and rarely leads but he is coming a very impressive ko of Vera i think his name was which he was supposed to be a striker. I think on paper Evans has all the right advantages but you never know .............my pick is Evans by dec. i'd be very impressed if Evans stopped Lyoto.

Serra vs Hughes
These two guys are really not in their prime theyre vets but whats interesting about this fight is that they seem to genuinely dislike each other. Hughes is no where near the dominant force he once was but he is a "wrastler" which hell have to use to neutralize Serras heavy hands. Hughes is motivated but well see how much he has left in him if anything, Serra In my opinion has a better chance of beating Hughes now instead of 2 or 3 years ago when this fight should of taken place, If he ko's Hughes I would not be surprised................I slightly favor Serra in this one.

Edgar vs Sherk
Sherk has better stand up better oh what the hell am i saying theres no way Edgar wins this ........Sherk takes this by a dominating performance

Miller vs Sonen
I may be wrong but i havent seen miller fight in the octagon but should be a good fight .......its a toss up fight for me
Enjoy
dont quit your day job buddy :goodjob:

One_Bad_SHO
05-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Sorry ya'll. I didn't link it as stated. But I'm sure ya'll will forgive me, man to man, because my excuse is legit. I got some new-puss tonight.

Priorities. :goodjob:

asshowl
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Well i'm glad i didnt bet on these fights, I just want to know what was Evans strategy for this fight :thinking: all i seen him do was throw some weak jabs and circle and did not counter when Lyoto was advancing. I think I saw Evans counter Lyoto once with some rights but it was evident he needed to do more to win the fight. I dont recall him throwing one single kick or attempt a takedown. Lyoto on the hand looked very good (no homo) keeping his distance mixing up his offense with kicks and punches in combinations and that barrage of punches he finished off Evans with was awesome, the way Evans crumbled to the floor was scary. Well deserved win for Lyoto.
Hughes came in lookin buff, i thought this fight failed to deliver though unlike Mcfedries, Swick vs Mcfedries would be an entertaining fight. Sherk was throwing just could not land that reach made a diffrence, good win for Frankie. I wanna see Griffin vs Lyoto :goodjob: