PDA

View Full Version : VTEC QUESTION

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok I'm hoping someone can help me out with this, I got a 95 Accord ex F22B1. I'm throwing code 22(Vtec oil pressure sensor)Well I just put a new one on their and its still throwing the code. Now what I don't understand is that it will only throw this code in the mornings until the car warms up? If when it warms up I can turn it off and back on, no more codes and vtec works most of the time, but not always, and when it doesn't the car falls on its face at about 5K. I've read that u can jump this which I tryed and that just makes it slow as dog $hit everytime, which doesn't make any sense to me cause on some jdm motors u have to do this cause they don't have this sensor, if u run a usdm ecu. I'm just lost on this and its just aggrivating every morning I have to turn my car off 2 miles down the road so I don't have to look at this check engine light. If anyone can give me some suggestions that would be great, I really just don't understand why only when its cold??????:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

EmminoDaGreat
05-23-2009, 12:52 PM
try taking the pressure switch wire, should be blue, and tieing it into the solenoid wire... it usually gets rid of the light, and allows vtec to work...

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 12:55 PM
try taking the pressure switch wire, should be blue, and tieing it into the solenoid wire... it usually gets rid of the light, and allows vtec to work...

^ok now should I unplug the oil pressure sensor or just leave it pluged in when I do this?

EmminoDaGreat
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
leave it in, well you can probably unplug it, it should work either way. my brain is cloudy right now...

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 12:59 PM
leave it in, well you can probably unplug it, it should work either way. my brain is cloudy right now...

^LOL well I'll try that when I get off work, I just don't want to blow any fuses or anything thats why I asked....

EmminoDaGreat
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
oh no you wont blow fuses, it is just to trick the ecu into seeing a signal..

hondaxpurt
05-23-2009, 01:01 PM
good luck tj....

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
^ lol thanks man...... I'm going to try this later and I'll let u know, if anyone has any other ideas let me know I'm open ears......

hondaxpurt
05-23-2009, 01:09 PM
yup, told you my idea last night...:goodjob:

1civic
05-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Try stupid first.. Check oil level, Change the oil, Clean the Vtec body(inside)..
It sounds to me like it's doing it's job.. My :2cents: :cheers:

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 02:26 PM
^ already did all that twice actually but thanks.....

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 02:29 PM

ok so i just got done doing that^ I threw a check engine light when it was cold, then I waited till it warmed up, reset the code and it threw it again, but when the check engine was on it didn't fall on its face after 4.5-5K like before, and I checked the code and it threw a 21 and a 22, which the 21 is the vtec solenoid I believe so that makes sense. Any other ideas?????

BABY J
05-23-2009, 02:43 PM
What weight oil are you running? And when you changed the oil did you do a filter too? Also -- are you SURE you know how much oil you are putting in the motor. Is your dipstick one that is actually for your engine??

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 02:47 PM
^yes the oil is fine I check it everytime I open the hood, guys I've had like 7 civics and 4 integras, I know about vtec and stuff this is my first accord though. I personally think it may be wiring, but thats what I have to check next I was hoping someone had some better ideas though.... Plus even if the oil was low or something i don't think it will throw codes for that, there is a problem somewere..............

BABY J
05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Check the corresponding pins to the ECU. You can search for your pinout online.

hondaxpurt
05-23-2009, 02:52 PM
hit me up if you need some help tj, you know im an electrical genius lol

1civic
05-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I said check stupid meaning check the basics, If your wiring is hacked then fix that shit.. :yes: Bypassing the Oil Pressure switch is not fixing the Problem.. :no: .. I guess you see that now that you tried and it didn't work.. :cheers:

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
^well thats the only thing wrong so why not. And u don't remember me do u lol:D.......

BABY J
05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
^yes the oil is fine I check it everytime I open the hood, guys I've had like 7 civics and 4 integras, I know about vtec and stuff this is my first accord though. I personally think it may be wiring, but thats what I have to check next I was hoping someone had some better ideas though.... Plus even if the oil was low or something i don't think it will throw codes for that, there is a problem somewere..............

Is your dipstick one that comes w/ YOUR SPECIFIC engine?? Means nothing to check oil level via the dipstick if you are running the wrong dipstick.

What weight oil are you running??

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 03:07 PM
10w-30 and yes its all original.... But u won't throw a vtec check engine light for that anyway, but its all good.....

1civic
05-23-2009, 03:12 PM
It's only three wires to re-run if you think you have a short somewhere, I would also check oil pressure tho. ;)

Turbodude06
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
It's only three wires to re-run if you think you have a short somewhere, I would also check oil pressure tho. ;)

mine is 2 wires a blue and a brown i believe, right? And I'm really hoping my oil pressure is good, but if not I guess h22 then.............

1civic
05-23-2009, 03:23 PM
mine is 2 wires a blue and a brown i believe, right? And I'm really hoping my oil pressure is good, but if not I guess h22 then.............

Yes, But I was speaking of the Vtec solenoid wire as well, so 3 total.. :goodjob:
D-6 is Blue, D-12 is Blk or Brn, Both on the 22 pin plug at the ECU.
Vtec Solenoid is Grn/yel which is A-4 on the 26 pin plug.. :cheers:

Turbodude06
05-24-2009, 11:09 AM

ok Emmino/james that worked I just had to unplug the sensor, thank u sir its fixed:goodjob: