PDA

View Full Version : Beijing China

rizzler
05-23-2009, 12:05 AM
So I'm off to Beijing on tuesday for about 45 days through a study abroad program. I don't speak any Chinese and have no idea what to do or see there. If anyone has been or knows of places to see and things to do just post it...
thanks in adv.

TIGERJC
05-23-2009, 12:07 AM
just don't bring back any animal diseases that ends with flu

Atlblkz06
05-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Just learn this: "Tsao nee Maa". Say that to everyone you meet.

nreggie454
05-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Think of an American celebrity that you resemble. Claim you are him for the whole trip. It will work.

rizzler
05-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Think of an American celebrity that you resemble. Claim you are him for the whole trip. It will work.

I'm Indian. :ninja:

Stormhammer
05-23-2009, 03:23 AM
try dog while you're there. seriously

james
05-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm Indian. :ninja:

ravi shankar. daler mehndi.

quickdodgeŽ
05-23-2009, 07:17 AM
I heard they started building a very nice, very large house out there in the mid 1400's. Seems all they were able to put up was a wall. I understand they couldn't finish because they didn't have the proper building permits. You should finish that house while you're there. Later, QD.

Jecht
05-23-2009, 08:01 AM

:lmao:

oneSLOWex
05-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Never been....so you need to take lots of pics :goodjob:

I heard they started building a very nice, very large house out there in the mid 1400's. Seems all they were able to put up was a wall. I understand they couldn't finish because they didn't have the proper building permits. You should finish that house while you're there. Later, QD.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

rizzler
05-23-2009, 11:00 AM

something about someone's mother... not smart... I'll pass

try dog while you're there. seriously
that's one of the 2 top things I plan on NOT eating. I'll pass on that as well

the Ming Dynasty was a hell of a time... I'll look into it and let you know how it goes :ninja:

Never been....so you need to take lots of pics :goodjob:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

don't worry I am with my canon elph... only wish i had a dslr... anyway I have a 8 gig card so i'll snap about 1000 or more... will be sure to post some :camera: :camera:

oneSLOWex
05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
don't worry I am with my canon elph... only wish i had a dslr... anyway I have a 8 gig card so i'll snap about 1000 or more... will be sure to post some :camera: :camera:

hell yeah! :goodjob:

Me86Rob
05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
go see the olympics :ninja:

Me86Rob
05-23-2009, 12:07 PM
or better yet. tell everyone that you meet that you are tired of them givin them their stupid animal flu's, so the americans gave you mad cow disease and sent you over there to return the favor :lmao:

civic95
05-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll tell you this. Throw out all your preconceived notions or prejudices before you go. What you imagine it to be from watching TV is not how China is. You will be amazed. Beijing will make New York City look small, and like a 3rd world slum. Don't be afraid to eat anything. If people are eating it, it's because it's good. It might not look good, but it's good. You must try some BBQ duck. I never liked duck in my life until I had it bbq chinese style. AND you won't see anyone eating dog, or cats.

If you think Atlanta is crowded, think again. Go ahead and forget about personal space, or common courtesy. People with walk in front of you, stop in front of you, bump into you, break in line, and push you from behind to get on a train. Don't take it personal, that's just how they are. The air quality is going to be a lot worse than here. I wish I could tell you exact places to go, but I can't remember the names. Just make a friend when you get there, and ask them to show you around the city. Take a lot of pics.

http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/attachments/CBD02_z88JM1e7nOc4.jpg

rizzler
05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I'll tell you this. Throw out all your preconceived notions or prejudices before you go. What you imagine it to be from watching TV is not how China is. You will be amazed. Beijing will make New York City look small, and like a 3rd world slum. Don't be afraid to eat anything. If people are eating it, it's because it's good. It might not look good, but it's good. You must try some BBQ duck. I never liked duck in my life until I had it bbq chinese style. AND you won't see anyone eating dog, or cats.

If you think Atlanta is crowded, think again. Go ahead and forget about personal space, or common courtesy. People with walk in front of you, stop in front of you, bump into you, break in line, and push you from behind to get on a train. Don't take it personal, that's just how they are. The air quality is going to be a lot worse than here. I wish I could tell you exact places to go, but I can't remember the names. Just make a friend when you get there, and ask them to show you around the city. Take a lot of pics.

http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/attachments/CBD02_z88JM1e7nOc4.jpg

thanks very informative. air quality... eh hope i don't need to wear those face masks around. pics will do. I guess the only thing that's going to give me culture shock and scare me is the amount of people speaking Chinese... I hope some or many know English... and I'll try to pick up mandarin as quick as i can.