PDA

View Full Version : Ever Get a Weird Comment or Reaction While Driving

NewGen33
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
IA has a lot of nice vehicles and some that are trying you could say. If you've ever been driving and had someone make a compliment about your car or get a reaction from someone post up about it.

Ran
05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
"Dude! Is that f*cking Cool Face?!"

- Guy in a BMW asking about the Cool Face sticker in my window.

dabuilding
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
i went to martins one morning and had a guy give me a compliment on my ef about 2 months ago and it made me feel good :D

Crazy Asian
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I always get people stopping and asking questions since this car's new. I saw a SS Camaro and man that was sweet.

toxxxic
05-22-2009, 01:31 PM
"What is that thing coming from the back of your car?"

"Its a tow hook"

"Oh wow what do you tow with it??"

":ninja:"

BanginJimmy
05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Not many actually comments but when I drive my truck I get alot of people looking. Unfortunately, I also get a lot of police attention too. I havent gotten any tickets outside of a couple seatbelt ones, but I do get pulled over fairly regularly.

vinayak
05-22-2009, 01:34 PM
My Volksrod gets to much attention I have to leave 20 mins early every day to get to work on time. I am really getting kind of sick of it.

PURP
05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Too many. I'm just baller like that

One_Bad_SHO
05-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Rolling through a car show in Texas last week I got a "wow" and a "damn" at the same time by a group of older guys standing next to their vettes (2) and cobra. :) You can hear my supercharger from pretty far away.

Got an even bigger wow when the c6 and I got on the hwy. :ninja:

ed_gm90
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
i've still had people ask me about my tC

"what kind of car is that" lol

Kevykev
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
In the wendy's drive through.

"I like what you did to the BACk of dat THANG"

CeOTiO8
05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
When i had my EF
" Is that gold under your car"
Refering to my LCA lol

Captain-Obvious™
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
I was driving by Brookwood after graduation Wednesday night...Some random Asian guy walking in front of me across the road said "sweet JDM front, man." And I said thanks.

Nemesis
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I had a guy in a Shelby GT pull next to me , punk kid looking fucker with a pink shirt decked in Full Tier 9 Douchebag gear, ask me what I "got done" to it with a smirk on his face. I said "nothing" and drove off.

mocha latte cupcake
05-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I had a guy in a Shelby GT pull next to me , punk kid looking fucker with a pink shirt decked in Full Tier 9 Douchebag gear, ask me what I "got done" to it with a smirk on his face. I said "nothing" and drove off.

i seriously just died @ this cause i can totally see it happening :lmfao:

Ran
05-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I had a guy in a Shelby GT pull next to me , punk kid looking fucker with a pink shirt decked in Full Tier 9 Douchebag gear, ask me what I "got done" to it with a smirk on his face. I said "More than you can afford, pal. Ferrari." and drove off. :lmfao:

13Bracer
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
people ask me all the time what kind of car it is...lol
then they say very nice..ha

soul
05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
i always get it "is that real?" i respond "yes" and then "sweet car man", "thanks.."

tdurr
05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
well whenever i open the door to my car and someone looks in, i get either "DAMN", "Shits nice", "OMG", or "can i touch it"

Nemesis
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
well whenever i open the door to my car and someone looks in, i get either "DAMN", "Shits nice", "OMG", or "can i touch it"

2 pound bag of weed?

soul
05-22-2009, 03:38 PM
2 pound bag of weed?
brick of coke and a dirtleg counting money...

.blank cd
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
When I had my old Accord, I used to get :goodjob: driving down the road all the time. Other times, stopped at gas stations, older car guys (40s-50s that) would tell me how nice my car looked. Those were the compliments I took to heart the most. If i can get a guy thats been raised on hot rods and muscle cars to stop and take time out from what they were doing to compliment me on my honda, i know im doing something right

blackboi50
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM
my most common is "i like your SRT man..well done"

but one time dude at the gas station was like thats a civic rite???.....:rant:...grrrr....1

Nemesis
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
When I had my old Accord, I used to get :goodjob: driving down the road all the time. Other times, stopped at gas stations, older car guys (40s-50s that) would tell me how nice my car looked. Those were the compliments I took to heart the most. If i can get a guy thats been raised on hot rods and muscle cars to stop and take time out from what they were doing to compliment me on my honda, i know im doing something right

Your ride was hot man.

SLOWR/T
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Use to get them all teh time when I had my R/T. Thumbs up or "That thing murda out!", "Nice truck" or "that thing got a hemi" lol

tdurr
05-22-2009, 03:44 PM
2 pound bag of weed?

brick of coke and a dirtleg counting money...
:ninja:
wait wut.... :police:

.blank cd
05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Your ride was hot man.
was? or will be :ninja:

bowdown201
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Fuckers always calling my intercooler a big radiator. I tell em no its a solar panel for a sex machine.

slostang
05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Fuckers always calling my intercooler a big radiator. I tell em no its a solar panel for a sex machine.

i tell people its an upgraded a/c condenser and my a/c is cold as ice.

BKgen®
05-22-2009, 04:28 PM
"What the fuck is a Tu-sconny? Is that like I-talian or sumthin'? Sho'nuff, git er dun."

MINI
05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
ladies in the drive thru "Nice car" :)

Lots of VW guys talk to me and like it.

And the dumbfucks..."Is that a PT Cruiser?"...."Will this thing even go over 80?"..."Is that a clock? Oh that tells how fast youre going"....

BKgen®
05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
"Will this thing even go over 80?"...

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Stormhammer
05-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I think the best compliment I EVER got was when driving down 316 from Athens, this SUV full of UGA chicks began pacing me and waving at me so I looked up and they all began screaming and hollering at me saying " I LOVE THAT CAR OMFG ITS AMAZING!!! "

Titty flashes also commenced. Along with a phone number. Or two. Followed by sushi with them all :ninja:

Once going to the BP meet, I was following an Evo8 and had a 350Z behind me. We came upon a Cobalt SS and the Evo8 punches it, so I decide to play tag :D In the turn lane for Satellite Blvd the Colbalt stops beside me and tells me that it's a really nice car.

I tend to get cars pacing me and when they finally catch my eye they give me a thumbs up.

I've also had a few ppl on IA who have actually seen and heard the car comment on how they like how it sounds.

Deke
05-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I tell em no its a solar panel for a sex machine.

True or false: I have a pink T-shirt with "It's not a bald spot, it's a solar panel for my sex machine" written on it.

(Hint: True)

On topic, I think the two coolest times with me was this little kid and his dad walking by. The kid looked at my hood scoop and said to his dad "Woah, that's an awesome car." The dad looked at me and said "My son and I like your car."

The other was an older guy (55+) that crossed the street in front of my car at a stoplight. He checked it out as he was walking past and gave me a thumbs up.

I used to get compliments all the time in my last car, but it's always a special occasion in this one. :)

quickdodge®
05-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I drive a 1979 Civic. Too many instances to list. Later, QD.

Deke
05-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I drive a 1979 Civic. Too many instances to list. Later, QD.

You mean like, "Sweet Ford Pinto"

(runs and hides) ;)

Mr. Clean
05-22-2009, 07:29 PM
everyone always wants to ask how i did my tag garnish and how long did it take. most folks seem to like it though, so it makes me feel tingly inside :gay:

Nemesis
05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
yo man dat thing got a HEMAY?

HypnoToad
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the best compliment I EVER got was when driving down 316 from Athens, this SUV full of UGA chicks began pacing me and waving at me so I looked up and they all began screaming and hollering at me saying " I LOVE THAT CAR OMFG ITS AMAZING!!! "

Titty flashes also commenced. Along with a phone number. Or two. Followed by sushi with them all :ninja:

Once going to the BP meet, I was following an Evo8 and had a 350Z behind me. We came upon a Cobalt SS and the Evo8 punches it, so I decide to play tag :D In the turn lane for Satellite Blvd the Colbalt stops beside me and tells me that it's a really nice car.

I tend to get cars pacing me and when they finally catch my eye they give me a thumbs up.

I've also had a few ppl on IA who have actually seen and heard the car comment on how they like how it sounds.

i got one better,i had a ran moment....i was driving by my old house one day which is close to a highschool and 4 cute highschool chicks come leaning in my window at a stopsign,asking me bunch of question and telling me how nice my car is...lol

and the normal thing i get is how nice my car looks,and u never see one this clean....and it reminds people of thier younger years,

The Youngn
05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Had a mexican guy riding up a hill on the sidewalk while i was stopped at a light one day fall off his bike while looking at my car. His buddy started laughing at him lol

HypnoToad
05-22-2009, 07:55 PM
ladies in the drive thru "Nice car" :)

Lots of VW guys talk to me and like it.

And the dumbfucks..."Is that a PT Cruiser?"...."Will this thing even go over 80?"..."Is that a clock? Oh that tells how fast youre going"....

i think u mean,they say "cute car";)

soul
05-22-2009, 08:00 PM
i think u mean,they say "cute car";)
you know god damn right they say cute car.

HypnoToad
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM
you know god damn right they say cute car.

:lmfao:

RL...
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Sometimes I get randomly hit on by girls at stop lights, and honda's LOVE to do ricer fly bys on me lolol.

One thing I thought was cool is that one day sitting at a red light an ecplorer pulled up next to me. A little boy stuck his head out of the rear window, looked at my car and said dad look he has black wheels! It's so nice!

quickdodge®
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Sometimes I get randomly hit on by girls at stop lights,

They probably think you're post-op. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM

truth

81911SC
05-22-2009, 08:25 PM
They probably think you're post-op. Later, QD.and right here is where I started :lmfao:ing

HypnoToad
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM

lol, the QD-mobile is looking nice man:cheers:

soul
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
bwahahah ty qd for lolz

RL...
05-22-2009, 08:39 PM

No matter how cool you are on here, qd, I am better at you in real life. So continue to desperetly cling to IA as it is the ONLY place where you could be considered cool.

My brake rotors are probably the size of your wheels, get off my nuts QD.

quickdodge®
05-22-2009, 08:50 PM
No matter how cool you are on here, qd, I am better at you in real life. So continue to desperetly cling to IA as it is the ONLY place where you could be considered cool.

My brake rotors are probably the size of your wheels, get off my nuts QD.

Calm down, Cinderella. I didn't say you were post-op. I just offered up what they may have thought of you. If you are post-op, then that's you. I've never had a problem with different lifestyle choices. Your stupidity is not measured by your sexual gender. It's measured by the accumulation of information and how it's processed and retained for later use.

As far as you being better than I? Lolol.

And you still have nothing to resort to but car jokes. Wow. And you still think you're better than I?

BTW, why did you get so offended by my post? Hmmm. Later, QD.

soul
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Calm down, Cinderella. I didn't say you were post-op. I just offered up what they may have thought of you. If you are post-op, then that's you. I've never had a problem with different lifestyle choices. Your stupidity is not measured by your sexual gender. It's measured by the accumulation of information and how it's processed and retained for later use.

And you still have nothing to resort to but car jokes. Wow. And you still think you're better than I?

his rotors are as big as your rims...... but your cars are pretty much equal in a race, so.......... ya

quickdodge®
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM
his rotors are as big as your rims...... but your cars are pretty much equal in a race, so.......... ya

Lolol. Could be. Later, QD.

soul
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Lolol. Could be. Later, QD.
could be but either way you car>maxipad. And before you bring your punkass in here an say im a nut rider, im actually one of the few that have actually met qd in real life and know he is straight mother fucker, and you saying your life> over his haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. gtfo

quickdodge®
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
could be but either way you car>maxipad.

Awwww. You're just saying that because it's true. Later, QD.

RL...
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
could be but either way you car>maxipad. And before you bring your punkass in here an say im a nut rider, im actually one of the few that have actually met qd in real life and know he is straight mother fucker, and you saying your life> over his haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. gtfo

well seeing as how you haven't met me you have nothing to base this comparison on

Unless you were just mesmerized by Qd's witty posts so much that you fell in love with him IRL as well as on IA

RL...
05-22-2009, 09:34 PM

I did not get offended by your post.

And actually, I am post op.

NAIZBST
05-22-2009, 10:48 PM
I have had people say is it hard to drive on the wrong side, is that car from Europe( I lol'd at that), just stares and also people taking a double take...lol

FAM0U5
05-22-2009, 10:56 PM
This is a repeat but the 1st time I went to sonic meet on Thursday's and I received this pretty comment as I step out of my supra someone said I quote "Dam...... He's mexican???" :2up: :lmfao:

DeeAOne
05-22-2009, 11:36 PM
i usually get a "what is it?"

i did get a "is that a honda?" once. i just lol'ed and the light turned green.

trundog
05-22-2009, 11:56 PM
"How much boost you runnin dog?!"

Get a few compliments, but you can't expect much driving a stock looking Si.

uproot
05-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I tend to get more comments from older people, which i like better anyway. Most recently, I was picking up some contacts and an old black guy walked out of the ForEyes and told me how much he liked the ef and how clean it looked.

That and civics that are like 5 different colors and have awesome 14" wheels and a super sporty exhaust tip try to race me, usually in traffic and in contruction zones, which is also totally badass.

collins
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
i've recieved quite a few comments/compliments on the gto... but my favorite by far is this one time i was at work. it was somewhat slow that day, so i was jsut hanging out chillin in the lot, watchin my keys and what not. being a slow day, i had my car parked close to me at the front of the resturant. well, sure enough this gentleman from down undah walks up and says "THATS A BLOODY HOLDEN! what is this pontiac badge doing on here?" he didnt know gm brought the monaro over to the US and rebadged it as a pontiac gto. it was cool because he was saying how he had always wanted a monaro or commodore, but then he moved to the states. he was telling me of teh crazy aussies and their insane builds of quadruple digit horsepower. good times :cheers:

roche
05-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Usually I get, "What the hell is that?"

One_Bad_SHO
05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
"LOL! It's a Taurus? ............. Why?"

civic95
05-23-2009, 07:26 PM
When I had the civic I had some redneck in a pickup give me the thumbs down one day, and one time I had a dude in a jeep pull up beside me, look at me, and shake his head.

Just to clarify I was not being a ricer either time I was minding my own business.

yogi08
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
driving down from atlanta yesterday in my friends GTR, i got a head nod from a guy in a black mustang... also had a few f150s fly past me then brake then roll the windows down to ask me if its fast. a few other hondas... but damn, the rsx's in atlanta sure hold their own!!! saw a lot of nice ones.