PDA

View Full Version : Why i hate ebay alarms and why i will not install them anymore

hybrid90accord
05-22-2009, 09:22 AM
MY RANT

so i had a customer come in monday asking could i install his alarm system 4 him on thursday afternoon sure no problem. well he shows up a hour later then he said he would and pulls out this huge box, im like wtf and to my suprise i see a european sports car with HID on the box and im already thinking EBAY special but ive done a few ebay alarms before so its should be nothing new WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all the intruction were in german and spanish only. it only came with positive door trigger inputs, parklights, and hood/trunk switch, so i had to relay everything. The shock sensor looked like a slinky inside of a plastic case. i was lucky my boy can speak and read german but he was even like the instruction were crap. So the guy calls to check on his car and is like "it should only be like 45mins right".................then the siren was actually a mic and when u arm the alarm it says something in german that my friend couldnt even understand...The lcd key pad had so much background detail i mean it had a picture of a sports car like a viper but it had a pond and trees in the background and birds im like WTf if they would have spent less time on the lcd pager and more on the alarm it might be worth $5,

IM not doing anymore ebay alarms, stop being cheap and get something decent with english instructions...lol

con
05-22-2009, 09:34 AM
lol.......... I have one similar to this, bought it back when 2-way paging alarms were $300+. I paid $130 for it and it's been sitting in my garage for nearly 3 years. You want to install it on my 'burban????

PROŽ
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
lol@

"then the siren was actually a mic and when u arm the alarm it says something in german that my friend couldnt even understand"

and

"The lcd key pad had so much background detail i mean it had a picture of a sports car like a viper but it had a pond and trees in the background and birds"

okra1981
05-28-2009, 09:50 PM
That's too awesome, I hated seeing anything brought in by some customer who went all cheap on me. I put in a radio that only tuned in on even numbered stations, yeah, some European model Alpine that they saved money on, only to have no radio station come in with any quality because it was gray market.
I wish you had gotten audio of this guy's car talking in German, that would be classic.

DynamicSound
06-02-2009, 04:24 PM
LOL

4dmin
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
this was to damn funny!@!

slowinmidga
06-17-2009, 07:32 AM
MY RANT

so i had a customer come in monday asking could i install his alarm system 4 him on thursday afternoon sure no problem. well he shows up a hour later then he said he would and pulls out this huge box, im like wtf and to my suprise i see a european sports car with HID on the box and im already thinking EBAY special but ive done a few ebay alarms before so its should be nothing new WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all the intruction were in german and spanish only. it only came with positive door trigger inputs, parklights, and hood/trunk switch, so i had to relay everything. The shock sensor looked like a slinky inside of a plastic case. i was lucky my boy can speak and read german but he was even like the instruction were crap. So the guy calls to check on his car and is like "it should only be like 45mins right".................then the siren was actually a mic and when u arm the alarm it says something in german that my friend couldnt even understand...The lcd key pad had so much background detail i mean it had a picture of a sports car like a viper but it had a pond and trees in the background and birds im like WTf if they would have spent less time on the lcd pager and more on the alarm it might be worth $5,

IM not doing anymore ebay alarms, stop being cheap and get something decent with english instructions...lol

:lmfao: