PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Question?About my Civic Si with a GSR swap!

DOHC$MAN88
05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
I have an civic si with an GSR motor,but it has an b16 si intake mani,is it worth putting an sknk2 mani for a GSR in it for an upgrade?
Plus what other upgrades,Beside haveing full exhaust,coilovers and shit would ya'll suggest on doing to get more hp?

DC2NR
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
How in the hell does it have a b16 intake manifold on it? Unless whoever had it drilled holes in the manifold itself to make it fit. If the manifold itself is not restricting any flow at the moment, then there is no point of getting a sk2 IM. You wouldn't be able to make any real power from it without supporting mods.

But things to make some power:
Intake
Hytech or RMF replica header
2.5 inch exhaust (mandrel bent)
Camshafts (ie-ITR, sk2, blox, crower, etc.)
High comp valves (all motor)
3 angle valve job
PnP

And after all of the go-fast-goodies you need a really good tune.

Starrfire
05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
The only way you have a gsr head with a b16 manifold is if you have a b17 in there. But there could have been some kind of stupid bastard out there that didn't feel like buying a $150 AEBS manifold and thought the b16 one would be better. It could be a poor mans R with a b16 head on it. What are the stamping marks on the head?

Pikachu
05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
gsr with b16 I/m ?
u got any pics ??

DC2NR
05-22-2009, 08:52 AM
The only way you have a gsr head with a b16 manifold is if you have a b17 in there. But there could have been some kind of stupid bastard out there that didn't feel like buying a $150 AEBS manifold and thought the b16 one would be better. It could be a poor mans R with a b16 head on it. What are the stamping marks on the head?

Yeah I just thought of the poor man's.

LongLiveH2b
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
from the OP name, its probably a 1988-91 civic Si and not the 99-00 EM1 Si since it was not clarified enough, and it prob. just has the B17 GSR swap in it.

Buy a bigger TB also when buying a IM cause getting a aftermarket IM and not having the throttle bodie same size is plain useless,

66mm TB, Skunk2 IM, PRO1 cams, RMF rep headers, and a dyno tune, those 4 bolt-ons will make a big difference if the motor is healthy.