PDA

View Full Version : Sports more football talk: predictions on the falcons

VIP Style
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
so what do you guys think about the falcons this upcoming season? im pretty excited honestly. i just dont know about our defense, not to mention we have a pretty rough schedule ahead.

BanginJimmy
05-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I love everything they did this offseason, especially in the draft.

11-5 and lose to the Beagles in the NFC Champ game.

Loses to Chicago, Philly, Carolina(in Carolina), NYG, and NE.

VIP Style
05-20-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah i can see it going that way.

FlipKing
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Defense will be beast with time, but its gonna have growing pains

BanginJimmy
05-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Defense will be beast with time, but its gonna have growing pains

Those growing pains are going to be the reason for the losses to Chicago and Carolina.

Barring any major injuries or serious FA departures I think the Falcons head to the SB in '11. Next year's draft will be key though. They need to go heavy on O line, with emphasis on LT. They also need a true #1 receiver. Maybe they will get lucky and snatch up Dez Bryant out of OK St.

FlipKing
05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm happy with roddy has our number one. he just doesnt have a good numberk 2...

VIP Style
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM
roddy really is not all they great to be a number one, i was hoping we could have acquired anquan boldin from the cards.
I'm happy with roddy has our number one. he just doesnt have a good numberk 2...

BanginJimmy
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
roddy really is not all they great to be a number one, i was hoping we could have acquired anquan boldin from the cards.

x2. He makes a good #2, but isnt physical enough and doesnt have the hands to be true #1.

VIP Style
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
see thats what i was thinking about roddy too, he really is not all that explosive. I think ryan will be going to gonzales alot this season. I just hope tony can stay healthy.
x2. He makes a good #2, but isnt physical enough and doesnt have the hands to be true #1.

BanginJimmy
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
see thats what i was thinking about roddy too, he really is not all that explosive. I think ryan will be going to gonzales alot this season. I just hope tony can stay healthy.

I was talking about White. Boldin has everything you want in a #1 WR.

Gonzales will draw A LOT of double team coverage, especially in the middle of the field and that should diminish the amount of over the top coverage that the outside receivers see. Especially in 3 WR sets, which will require a LB to cover him, Gonzales should go absolutely crazy as there are VERY few LB's that can cover him.

atlxpat
05-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Roddy is the best we got, and if he can have a 1000+ yard season with no REAL qb *2007 season* then i think he can be a #1 reciever, hes damn quick and now that vick isn't throwing darts at him he can actually make catches.
plus i think harry douglas will have a larger role in our offense this year, i liked what i saw from him

BanginJimmy
05-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Roddy is good, but definately NOT the gamebreaker you want of a #1 WR.

Those yards in 2007 were misleading too. The Falcons spent so much time trailing in games that they threw the ball a huge number of times. No matter who it is, if you throw the ball enough, someone will get to 1000.

VIP Style
05-23-2009, 12:39 PM
exactly. x2
Roddy is good, but definately NOT the gamebreaker you want of a #1 WR.

Those yards in 2007 were misleading too. The Falcons spent so much time trailing in games that they threw the ball a huge number of times. No matter who it is, if you throw the ball enough, someone will get to 1000.

VIP Style
05-23-2009, 12:43 PM
roddy is better now simply because he has more experience. vick has thrown some nice passes to white and he just simply couldnt hang on. look at that pass ryan threw to roddy in the wildcard game. roddy was all alone with no coverage, but white just dropped it.
Roddy is the best we got, and if he can have a 1000+ yard season with no REAL qb *2007 season* then i think he can be a #1 reciever, hes damn quick and now that vick isn't throwing darts at him he can actually make catches.
plus i think harry douglas will have a larger role in our offense this year, i liked what i saw from him

atlxpat
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I dont think it even matters if Roddy White is or isn't #1 WR material, got Roddy covered? okay then what about TG, got him covered? that leaves our running game wide open, Turner and Norwood in the back. No matter how you look at it, we're going to be a top 10 offense next year

HyPer50
05-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I think at the very least they will end that stupid "no winning seasons back to back" streak.. The offense should be rocking, hopefully the defense can step up and hold people to under 20 or so each game.