PDA

View Full Version : 07 SI Fuel????

TrickcitykustomsPrez
05-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Hey just wanted to check and see if all of you that have SIs actually run premium fuel in your cars. Also what problems might it cause to run a lower grade of fuel.

Thanks

bk24th
12-03-2009, 12:29 PM
it will probably run on regular but performance will suffer...idk exactly how ur engine is built but if it takes in more air than a regular engine, it will will run more efficiently on higher grade gas. When i put a CAI on my car i ran on regular for a while. Then spoke with a engine designer who said i should run at least mid grade becuase the MAF causes the ecu to inject more fuel because of increased airflow and that the engine will be more efficient stroke for stroke with a high that has a higher "spark point"(which is why turbocharged engines "require" premium grade. Made the switch and gas mileage and engine torque is noticably different..if ur car RECOMMENDS premium, it will probably perform most efficiently on premium..

myyellowspec
12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
The ECU will somewhat compensate for the lack in octane, I would not do it for a prolonged period of time. I always ran mine on premium.

ejohnson88
12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
A k20 unless its a k20a3, which I cannot speak for, is going to knock on regular gas... Just go ahead and be safe and put Premium in it anyways... You pay what $2-$3 more per tank if even that? But if you add in the extra MPG you will get it comes out to less that that. So yeah... be nice to your car and spoil it in gas :) It couldn't hurt and the benefits out weight the negatives.

DustnU
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
You can feel the difference!!! You have high compression and need to run 93 try it both ways and see what you think!! There is a reason it says premium unleaded only.

bk24th
12-07-2009, 09:53 PM
they are right...i dont have a civic..i have an altima but with the upgrades i have...i can seriously tell the difference between octanes....dont let these dumb as regular drivers tell u that you shouldnt use premium....look at there cars....they probably dont give a fuck about power....as a car guy, just use premium