PDA

View Full Version : Stock tip

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tony
05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Just passing this along, do your own research.

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc. (HEB) The results for an FDA decision on Ampligen will be given on the 25th, (since the 25th is on memorial day it could be friday or tuesday) if approved their stock could see a nice jump next week. Again, do your research but I got in at about .80 a share and its at 1.90 now.

Check out CTIC as well.

AirMax95
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Tony, who do you trade with?

BanginJimmy
05-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I was actually just looking at it. I have been thinking of picking up a couple hundred shares.

tony
05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I use Sharebuilder but I'm thinking about switching to USAA though.

HEB is a gamble, if they don't get FDA approval the stock will tank. If they do.. 300% return isn't far fetched. Look at VNDA on May 6th I believe.. went from $1 a share to $10 overnight just on approval alone. I'm not saying that is to be expected here but do look for nice gains.

AirMax95
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I just opened a Sharebuilder account, and applied for options; T.Rowe Price for all other funds.

Thanks for the tips. I've been eyeing a few stocks, but I am still in the education phase. Scary ass me.

tony
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I just opened a Sharebuilder account, and applied for options; T.Rowe Price for all other funds.

Thanks for the tips. I've been eyeing a few stocks, but I am still in the education phase. Scary ass me.

Sometimes you just have to step out there and do it. I'm a hands on kind of guy rather than read and apply so I've taken some hits but I'm getting the hang of it now. Options I'm still trying to grasp before I jump in, I get the gist of it but not enough to throw money at it.

I hear Forex is also a good way to go for investing, I haven't researched that either.

AirMax95
05-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Education is the key. I make decent money, but not enough to piss away due to lack of knowledge.

As for Forex, I use Babypips.com for my education. It is a VERY good site.

I can PM you a very good thread that has helped me along the way.

tony
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Definitely shoot me that pm

BanginJimmy
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
mind sending that link my way also?

Dumped one of my other stocks today for a respectable profit (25%) and picked up 212 shares of HEB. They are looking good for approval right now so I'll take my chances.

AirMax95
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
:goodjob:

CALIWEST
05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
haha been so long since i've seen a stock thread here. good luck to you all

eraser4g63
05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
What do you all think about investing in GM at this point in time? Any hope for a turn around?

BanginJimmy
05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
What do you all think about investing in GM at this point in time? Any hope for a turn around?

No chance for a turn around until they dump the unions. Which means no turn around for the next 4 years at least.

tony
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Actually GM would've been a good investment at $1 a share last week, it doubled but is now trading at $1.46.. would've been a big risk but one that doubled your investment. If the bailout comes in the form of more federal funding as proposed it could have a big payoff.

My advice; if you have expendable money that you don't mind losing you could see a 400% return on investment.. possibly more of GM turns things around. But should they go bankrupt you will lose it all.

eraser4g63
05-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks Tony, I was thinking about picking up 100 shares but I am still a tid bit nervous with the market as a whole. I think there a better odds in Vegas at times.

BanginJimmy
05-27-2009, 07:43 AM
My advice; if you have expendable money that you don't mind losing you could see a 400% return on investment.. possibly more of GM turns things around. But should they go bankrupt you will lose it all.

Not necessarily. If they go bankrupt, restructure, and get back on their feet their stock will only grow.

I wont touch any of the Big 3 until they dump the UAW though. As long as the UAW is there none of these companies is a legitimate longterm option.

IndianStig
05-27-2009, 06:11 PM
So did the drug get approved?

BanginJimmy
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been watching the wires, but I havent seen anything. They are also working with the Jap govt now also, so that will help their stock some more.

tony
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
How do you like those numbers today? Hitting 2.57 and the day isn't over.

No word on approval, the company said the FDA's response would be delayed a couple of weeks at the most.

ironchef
06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I'd say take out your original investment, maybe a little bit on top, and ride the rest in free shares, so you have piece of mind.

tony
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I did exactly that at 2.15. Might buy back in if it drops down to $1.80

ironchef
06-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Awesome, then you're ahead of the game versus 90% of other investors.

B18c1Turboed
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
How much do you usally invest at a time?

BanginJimmy
06-02-2009, 02:17 PM
For this stock I bought in with a little under $400. I got 212 shares at 1.77 a share.

AirMax95
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Damnit.......I did pull the trigger.

tony
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Depends, I wanted to buy 1000 shares up front but ended up with 600 shares @ .80, and bought 400 more @ 1.20. With approval its estimated to go between $9.00 and $21.00 with the actual estimation being around $15 a share.

DO NOT use sharebuilder.. I'm switching my securities over the next month or so

AirMax95
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Tony...Jimmy, PM sent

tony
06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Some other positions I'm holding that could pay off nicely. GNTA, INAR, BIPH, NEPH and as a very very long shot XKEMQ. (100k shares)

As always.. do your research. CTIC should have a good month, currently holding 1000 shares there as well.

BanginJimmy
06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Tony...Jimmy, PM sent

Thanks for the link, I would LOVE to see that upper limit in the next couple of weeks.

tony
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Hitting 3.00 a share today, on one hand i want to be upset I sold 400 shares @ 2.15.. I'd have about $300 extra but I'm riding on free shares right now so I can't be too upset.

ironchef
06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Hitting 3.00 a share today, on one hand i want to be upset I sold 400 shares @ 2.15.. I'd have about $300 extra but I'm riding on free shares right now so I can't be too upset.Better safe than sorry, in the blink of an eye it could drop back down.

B18c1Turboed
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
AAPL..... Looks to be like a good one. I watched them over the winter and they went as high as 220 i belive. Maybe with new annocument they will go higher
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/biztech/06/04/wired.apple.wwdc/index.html

BanginJimmy
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Hitting 3.00 a share today, on one hand i want to be upset I sold 400 shares @ 2.15.. I'd have about $300 extra but I'm riding on free shares right now so I can't be too upset.

I'm going to ride it at least until the end of the week. I did put in a limit order thats good for tomorrow though, just to protect a majority of my profits.

Danny
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Better safe than sorry, in the blink of an eye it could drop back down.

and it will, they all do :)

tony
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I sold off half of what I had left at $4.50.. timing was perfect cause it tanked as low as $2.40, thank god for limit orders.

AirMax95
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm in for the ride. I bought in on Friday and more today, both under $3. If this things gets near the $7-$10 mark....I am out!

Good luck guys.

Danny
06-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm in for the ride. I bought in on Friday and more today, both under $3. If this things gets near the $7-$10 mark....I am out!

Good luck guys.

Got some balls man.

If she goes up from here it will be from good news i bet.

AirMax95
06-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Lol, no.....just after tons of reading, I have faith that the approval is coming. If I get spooked I will take the speculation upswing and get out with minimal profit, or minimal loss.

Danny
06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Lol, no.....just after tons of reading, I have faith that the approval is coming. If I get spooked I will take the speculation upswing and get out with minimal profit, or minimal loss.

Been there done that. Have fun :D

AirMax95
06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Gotta have fun! Trading and being a scared pansy is no fun at all!

Are you in on the stock?

Danny
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Gotta have fun! Trading and being a scared pansy is no fun at all!

Are you in on the stock?

Nope had my fun with stocks back in the day. FOREX is the new penny stocks :D

ironchef
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Nope had my fun with stocks back in the day. FOREX is the new penny stocks :DWithout all the attached BS lol. Hows it going btw, still got your original investment? I'm going to hit it hard after my class this summer (learning about futures, forex, options, etc, w00t!).

tony
06-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Some other positions I'm holding that could pay off nicely. GNTA, INAR, BIPH, NEPH and as a very very long shot XKEMQ. (100k shares)

As always.. do your research. CTIC should have a good month, currently holding 1000 shares there as well.

Wonder why I didn't mention BDSI in this post? Anyway, bought at $6.09 and it hit $8.99 in pre market this morning, approval for onsolis is imminent. I have limit orders @ $9.50 and $10.00 to get my investment + some profit and ride free shares from then on out.

I will keep posting in this thread in hopes that people decide to take an interest in investing. I'll post up my current holdings when I get a second.

tony
06-15-2009, 08:32 AM

Wonder why I didn't mention BDSI in this post? Anyway, bought at $6.09 and it hit $8.99 in pre market this morning, approval for onsolis is imminent. I have limit orders @ $9.50 and $10.00 to get my investment + some profit and ride free shares from then on out.

I will keep posting in this thread in hopes that people decide to take an interest in investing. I'll post up my current holdings when I get a second.

SampaGuy
06-24-2009, 08:44 AM
any word on HEB? it is below $2 again

tony
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
None, I think support is dropping due to the long delay. There is rumor that the company pulled Ampligen in order to avoid another rejection. I sold about half of what I was holding around $2.30 and waiting out the rest.

Problem is with the administration changes affecting the FDA they are late on scheduled decisions. DSCO, BDSI, NEPH, and HEB were all supposed to have heard from the FDA by now but there has been nothing. Frustrating for the investor. Personally from following this as long as it has I would say if you're willing to stick it out, hold tight because there is very large interest in Ampligen internationally with the H1N1 virus.. the FDA has just been the achilles heel of the movement. Short term I don't know what to tell you and that is just the novice in me.

Right now I like BDSI a lot, you wont get a huge 40% plus gain short term but from what I can tell they are solid with the imminent FDA approval. CTIC submitted their NDA application and requesting priority review, if granted between now and December could be good stuff for them.

tony
07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
So heres where things are, HEB went back up to $2.75 on friday, settled back down at $2.62 up to today.. still no news so I'm still holding.

HEB, CTIC, and BDSI were all added to the Russel 3000 index which gave all 3 a little boost.. mainly HEB and CTIC. CTIC was up to $1.85 friday but back down to $1.68 today.

I am going to reiterate BIPH as a long term play. It closed at 0.02 today up from .0175 and the company Biophan Technologies has a really good product (MYO-VAD) that could easily send this stock to the $1 range over the next few years if approved by the FDA. Financing for the company comes in form of royalties from other patents they have in Europe.

As it is now $2000 will get you 100k shares, I'm hoping there will be pullback before the price starts to rise on anticipation, I'm holding 100k shares currently but wanted to get at least 200k-500k.

BanginJimmy
07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
HEB has a lot of longer term growth potential than just Ampligen. I read on a few sites, including IBD, that there is significant interest in a few other drugs they have because of many uses. Right now firefox is giving me issues though and I cant get on the etrade to get the names of the drugs I was talking about. I am going to take a longer term view on this one and not expect a big gain in the short term.

drpepper14
07-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Personally, i'm going big with BIPH and letting it ride

and i'm still thinking about jumping in on HEB...if only I had bought it back when I first thought about it.

tony
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Rumor is that Genta (GNTA) who was headed for a 1:50 Reverse Split and struggling financially may have a buyer and major investor for Genasense in Millenium Pharmaceuticals. Current price is .0084, good things will come if this is true. Press release expected tomorrow.

Interesting thing about this stock is there has been someone on the yahoo boards by the name of Terry, everyone makes fun of Terry and his posts are on par with Sammich on this forum (no offense) but while the timing of his predictions are off.. they're always right. He claims to have good info on the company and i tend to believe him, but that is not my reason for choosing this stock.. just gives me food for thought I guess.

As always assess your own risk and what you are willing to lose, I tend to look at the upside vs. the downside on top of the research I do about the company. I am holding tight on this w/ 200k shares.

drpepper14
07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
BDSI closed down today @ 6.06....I think i'm going to see what happens over the next day or two, but I would like to be sitting with a few hundred shares before the next FDA announcement.

tony
07-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Yesterday was just one of those days you close your portfolio and don't look again.. everything tanked. NEPH had FDA approval last thursday and closed lower than they were before the approval.. I don't know if it has to do with manipulation or what but I do understand why penny stocks are not for the faint of heart.

Slowly I'm beginning to see a slight pattern though and I'll probably be changing my strategy. That said if I was going to pick a day to buy yesterday definitely would have been it, I've seen my portfolio take much bigger hits than it did yesterday and then turn back around.

ironchef
07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Yesterday was just one of those days you close your portfolio and don't look again.. everything tanked. NEPH had FDA approval last thursday and closed lower than they were before the approval.. I don't know if it has to do with manipulation or what but I do understand why penny stocks are not for the faint of heart.

Slowly I'm beginning to see a slight pattern though and I'll probably be changing my strategy. That said if I was going to pick a day to buy yesterday definitely would have been it, I've seen my portfolio take much bigger hits than it did yesterday and then turn back around.If its trading on the pink sheets or the OTCBB its more than likely manipulation.

drpepper14
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
well if you thought yesterday was a good day to buy...today was like christmas! Unfortunately I made some moves a little earlier than I should have and my portfolio took a nice hit

Hopefully BDSI will make a turn around and see some modest improvement w/ the FDA's approval of oncolis

tony
07-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Today was ugly across the board, then I go and sell BIPH right before it goes up and hits 12% today. :headslap:

drpepper14
07-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Do you still feel BIPH is good long term investment? I know previously you had talked about it being a contender for $1 shares within a year

tony
07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Still long on BIPH, I read their 10k in detail the other night and I'm okay with the direction they are headed. I'll hold 100k shares for the time being and see what happens..

Knowing what I know now (and I'm learning as I go) I may just start playing the run up rather than wait for a specific PR release. BDSI was $7.50 a couple of weeks ago and I held because my strategy was "in till approval." Had I just taken my 20% and went on to the next I wouldn't be kicking myself in the ass. Same with HEB, same with CTIC. This administrations FDA is far less efficient than they were in the past and it is frustrating on days like today, they're 2 months past their deadlines on everything, not to mention the manipulation on these stocks.

Personally, the advice I'd give to anyone is that.. if you're looking for less risk stay away from Biopharmaceuticals, money can easily be made in other sectors. You may not see a 1 or 2 day pop like you do with what I'm suggesting in this thread but the volatility is not half as bad. As for me, I'm willing to ride the wave and continually hone my knowledge of this sector of the market.

At the current moment everything is hold for me. CTIC, HEB, GNTA (300k shares now) BIPH, NEPH. Only reason I sold today was to buy more of another. As for Non pharmaceuticals - ETFC, GLS, BLT.

drpepper14
07-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Well I bought 650 shares of BDSI @ $6.01...do you foresee a $7+ stock in the next few weeks with approval?

I'm waiting to exit that trade before jumping to GNTA and/or BIPH and i'm going to start my research on ETFC, GLS, and BLT now

drpepper14
07-09-2009, 11:40 PM
mmm BDSI sittin pretty @ $5.69 today.............

Set a limit order @ $7 just in case i'm away from a computer when an FDA approval comes, but would ideally like to be positioned @ my computer to try and catch it "around" its peak and maximize my profits.

GNTA would have been a nice day trade today given enough leverage on the trade (I was contemplating 1.4 million shares earlier) but decided I would stick to my trading plan and if that opportunity arises again i'll hit it for a nice daily gain (take the wife out somewhere nice and see if she can guess what the "special" occasion is lol)

HEB also looked good today, closing up .25 and i'm still contemplating going long on it, but once again i'm waiting to exit this BDSI trade before I start really diversifying anything.

I'd like to keep this thread going as a daily update/tips section for people that enjoy this type of thing. Getting on here to talk about stocks is much better than talking to people on financial forums (although it has its place in research)

tony
07-10-2009, 06:21 AM
After two terrible days yesterday was needed, I'm suprised BDSI didn't recover though.. volume has been dead as of late, probably a lot of sell off due to delays... I personally expected to be pulling my money out of it by now, we'll see what happens next week.

GNTA I'm not selling till .20. A Reverse Split is in the pipeline but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense at the current price, it makes more sense over .20.

HEB I don't even think about any more, out of sight out of mind and a lot less stressful. I'm still holding but I've forgotten about it because counting the days doesn't make it come any faster.

drpepper14
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
well so far today BDSI is up, but still not doing wonderful.

GNTA has made a huge move today, great day trade potential but i believe i'll be in until .2 as well since it is only at .009 right now

will update after market close

tony
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Its tough not to take profit from GNTA right now, up 36%.. they're saying its due to a R/S on Monday but its hard to tell.

tony
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Okay this is what I got thus far, word is that a deal has been completed. The R/S is scheduled for the 13th along with a symbol change. Apparently the symbol change is a signal of a completed deal but I don't understand the R/S.

My strategy, limit order @ .20 and not selling till then.

drpepper14
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
would an order on monday morning be a bad idea? I won't have more funds in my account until monday morning to get into GNTA and i'd like to sit on it until .20 as well.

In other news, BDSI closed @ $5.87, up 3.16% and is currently @ $5.90 after hours

Hopefully an announcement comes next week from the FDA admin and hopefully the stock will see mid $7 to $8 again.

drpepper14
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
according to some press releases, the original date of the R/S was set to be July 1, but that due to administrative proceedings the R/S would be delayed and Genta would announce a new date for the R/S, so the name change on monday doesn't have to mean R/S on monday (even though many people are reporting that their orders for GNTA have been cancelled due to a R/S on monday)

My understanding is also that if a name change happens on monday, the price will likely spike due to a common inability to sell the shares for a day or so after the change...so that could possibly be a good time to get in and set up a limit for when selling becomes possible again (but that is just what i've read)

There is an abundant amount of rumors that BDSI will have an FDA announcement on the 13th, but there were also rumors of announcement for the 10th, so barring any announcement before the market opens on monday I might sink some more shares into BDSI in anticipation of the announcement. The rumor is $11-$12 after a favorable announcement, but i'll probably be cautious and take my profits in the $7-$8 range in fear of a backlash after a spike.

HEB is still looking like a long trade but all things considered, I'm still thinking of jumping on the train if it dips below $2 on monday and things don't pan out for GNTA (or possibly GENT on monday) and I decide not to delve deeper into BDSI

any thoughts?

drpepper14
07-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Talks of the Japanese coming in and making large orders of ampligen from HEB are becoming more and more likely, so with approval and a japanese order the stock could easily see $22

Buy in now and hold is what I say ($2.03 @ close on friday)

Also CTIC looks to be another long term stock waiting on approval from the FDA of pixatrone. $1.35 @ close on friday with stocks easily rising to $5 on approval or even the announcement of a fast track status with the FDA

So far i'd say good stocks to be in are:
HEB (i'm in for the long haul)
CTIC (in till $4.xx @ least)
BDSI (in till $7.xx @ least)
BIPH (good day trade right now, but would be a good long trade too)
GETA (formerly GNTA, if the reverse split doesn't happen monday im in till .20, or $10 if the R/S happens)
ADLS (cheap now, but with cethromycin will probably see 200% gain this month)

tony
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Dips below $2 on HEB have become normal now, I guess it doesn't bother me because I got in at .80 but still.. if you're long stick to that strategy. There is nothing like that feeling of selling then looking a couple of months later its at $5.00 and my greed clouded my sound judgement.

CTIC has been a hard one for me to hold like that, I have 1400 shares and sometimes i just want to get out of the ups and the downs but I have to remind myself of my strategy.. CTIC has a good future if you're willing to stick it out.

GNTA, I'd stay away at this point. Like I PM'd you, whatever was going to cause a siginificant spike or loss is happening right now, either a deal has been made or a R/S is coming (or both) and either way it doesn't look like something to throw money at as it is now. Those who bought before the spike friday are in for the ride, those who get in afterward will be taken for one.

tony
07-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah and BIPH, good time to buy.. down 11%, what you saw this week was the classic pump and dump.

drpepper14
07-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Next week's plan:

ADLS first thing monday. It's at a great price and they have a schedule FDA announcement on the 31st with a very good chance for approval, so worst case scenario I sell when anticipation shoots this stock up.

Will also be getting into HEB and CTIC on thursday (waiting on a stupid account transfer) or earlier if BDSI gets approval monday because I will be selling it on approval day because it's almost certain it will catapult and then the bottom will fall out.

drpepper14
07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Daily Update:

ADLS finished up .02 @ .43 which I guess works for me because I bought in @ .43

BDSI down .17 to $5.70....this one took a swift quick to the pants today and i'm debating on my next move. Sit tight (bought in @ 6.00) or hit it while it's low and try and make some more money.

CTIC was up .03 to $1.38, but of course I bought in @ $1.39 so whatever for the day, but this is a long term hold for me. With 3 likely fda approvals in the pipeline this year, we could easily see $15+ at the end of the year

GETA (formerly GNTA) performed its 1/50 R/S today and now the stock sits @ .395. Talked to Tony and it seems like a good time to buy, but i'm going to see how much farther this stock sinks before jumping in too far.

and finally HEB closed at 2.12 which is great. There is a lot of support around $2 for this stock so I waited and bought @ $2 today.

Overall it wasn't a bad day except for BDSI (which happens to be a significant chunk of my portfolio)

SampaGuy
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Bought AIG at the bottom last week, made some good numbers, I think it will keep going up a little longer but it might be too late to get in. I will try to post earlier next time lol.

drpepper14
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm finding it hard to hold onto BDSI today as it sinks, and the rest of my portfolio is doing well, and many of them are in a perfect position to buy right now.....

ironchef
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Got back in the market today, first time in a long time. Been debating about it back and forth since like last Wed.

- Bought C @ 3.02, looking for at least $4

- Bought BAC @ 13.12, looking for at least $14.75.

ironchef
07-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Lunchtime update.

- C is @ 3.19

- BAC is @ 13.39

tony
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Daily Update:

ADLS finished up .02 @ .43 which I guess works for me because I bought in @ .43

Congratulations on your pick of ADLS, up to .50 a share now and looks like a lot of potential. Seems like an up day in the market today.

The only reason I wont invest in BAC or C is personal, I will never invest in a company I believe in and although that conflicts with the idea of not mixing investing with emotions that is one rule I am willing to break. BAC fucks over their customers and I was one of them, since then I vowed never to contribute to their cause in any way. I actually don't like major banks period, I'd rather invest in the smaller ones.

As for my holdings, I covered my margin trade of BDSI at $5.60 and sold at $5.90. The margin trade was a mistake actually, wrong click of the keyboard. GNTA came out with some VERY promising news yesterday about Genasense, the future looks bright there so I'm holding. I want to reestablish my position in BIPH.. today is not a buying day for me, I'll wait till things take a fall back.

ironchef
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea this isn't a very long term investment. Mainly because they're reporting earnings on Friday, so if their results are similar to Goldman's, I'd be looking for a nice pop tomorrow, and early Friday. After that, I might get out, wait for a dip and buy back in for a 3Q rally.

drpepper14
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah ADLS was nice today. I sold HEB and BDSI to make reinvestments elsewhere, but might get back in before approval.

I'm waiting to see how tomorrow does and if things take a hit i'll be investing more into ADLS, BIPH, and CTIC (probably will anyway since they took a hit today) and maybe GNTA since Genasense did have promising news.

tony
07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Got damnit, the one day I don't get online Oncolis gets approved, BDSI goes up to $7 a share and I didn't get online to sell. I'm going to wait it out till tomorrow, selling then picking up something else

drpepper14
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
To think, I sold two days ago...at least I reinvested it into BIEL, ADLS, and BIPH which are likely to give me a MUCH higher rate of return.

tony
07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Limit orders.. ugh, meant to buy in ADLS @ .49 but ended up with 2000 shares @ .50, oh well. Sold BDSI, it doesn't look like the support is there for a big run at this point (hopefully I'm right) and averaged down on GETA buying 3900 more shares. (The equivalent of 195000 shares before the R/S)

I would buy BIPH but its up 17% today and I'll wait for the pullback to jump into that. Still holding CTIC w/ 1400 shares.

ADLS, you really believe in them huh? I might play the run up on this one and avoid the FDA decision.

edit* added 2000 more shares ADLS @ .49

SampaGuy
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I didnt log in today and surprise! Im up 20% on LVS :D Might sell early tomorrow, we'll see. Hopefully no gaps fuck me over.

Patience is KEY!!!!

tony
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Because this thread might get redundant I started a small investment group on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110188951282

drpepper14
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I fully believe ADLS will break $1 before approval on anticipation. It's still a toss up if approval will happen, but a flat out denial is HIGHLY unlikely...more like an approvable letter.

I'm really leaning towards BIEL, BIPH, and CTIC and long term plays with lots of good stuff in the pipeline, and forthcoming execs about the financials of each company.

I'm holding 100k of Biel and BIPH and will be purchasing probably another 100 or 200k of each in the near future.

I'm not putting anymore money into GETA right now as i'm waiting on even more pullback because of the R/S. It could be up to $10 in the future, but I feel there won't be any support until the .2 range...but obviously i'll play that by ear.

drpepper14
07-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Joined the facebook group, nice name lol

tony
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
What are you expecting out of BIEL?

drpepper14
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Well first of all they announced an expansion of their company today to western europe.

Also, they have one very good product that is a drug free anti inflammatory patch that they already have the patent on (the technology as well as the device). It is already being used in canada with very good reviews, and they are anticipating an FDA statement against acetaminophen that will further boost the interest in their product.

$1.00 by the end of the year is likely.

SampaGuy
07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
how about a subsection here on IA rather than facebook?

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah it would be nice to have discussion specifically for the stock market. It's not like there is no interest.

That way in the subforum we can have threads pertaining to hot stocks, news, threads devoted to each company etc...

I'm just trying to distract myself by writing this so I stop looking at the market today. DJIA is up but Biotech stocks are taking a beating today. Oh well, i'm in for the long haul on most of these so I can't worry too much about day to day activity

tony
07-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Let me run it by Paul, I'll let yall know.

tony
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah and days like today I just close up the laptop and don't even look.. just not a whole lot of movement and its like that sometimes. Typically I wait for the really bad days to buy, really good days hardly even come consecutively.

AirMax95
07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Hmmm, I am done dabbling in the stock market until I buy my house next fall, but I have beefed up my 401K for my company match, and started a new mutal fund with T. Rowe Price.

I am holding positions in HEB, ADLS, GDHI, and TSTR. Currently I do not have the patience to watch the roller coaster, but rather just set alerts for highs and lows.

Good luck.....

P.S.> I concur the notion of an Investing sub-forum.

tony
07-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Biophan Technologies Inc., a Pittsford biotechnology company, has sold off the intellectual property of one of its key products to a Colorado firm. Under the agreement, MyoCardioCare Inc. picks up rights to Biophan's Myotech CSS technology and Biophan receives $250,000 in cash and a 20 percent equity stake in MyoCardioCare.

Biophan also gets a say in future financing moves by MyoCardioCare and in any initial public offering.

Myotech CSS — a pump that keeps the heart beating but does not come in contact with the bloodstream — is one of the technologies that is a basis for Biophan.

All the big potential of BIPH just got deflated. After this deal (which nobody saw coming) the company is still sound but not as much of a huge upside is there any more. If I was holding shares I would take profits and move on.

drpepper14
07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
You really think BIPH is a sell right now?

They still have a good pipeline of products to work with and this could only help their funding to work on those products since myocardiocare is now working on the myotech css and freeing up BIPH...

Maybe i'm analyzing it from the wrong perspective but I bought 100k @ .02 and it sits at .0172 right now so i'm not in the profits right now...what would you do in this situation?

Also there are talks on both sides of BIEL, most say with 510k FDA approval this stock will see a solid jump, but others are saying that the pps will soon fall out because it is oversold....???

drpepper14
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Sold BIPH and reinvested in BIEL

Tony...do that research on BIEL...up 25% today and ended at the high for the day!
This week will probably be quite a large week for BIEL and HEB. I'm buying another 100k shares of BIEL in the morning as this thing could easily see $1+ by years end

AirMax95
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I smilied when HEB went on a run today, along with TSTR!

BanginJimmy
07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
I was looking around on a couple penny stock sites and I found a little gem.

Bought 150k shares of SARO at .001 on friday afternoon. Sold 50k shares today at .0017 for a nice little 1 day profit.

tony
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Just a bad day for me all around, ADLS and GETA did jack shit. CTIC did okay but everything I wish I was vested in went up, I hate days like this one. BIEL I'll wait for another swing to jump in.

drpepper14
07-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm not even waiting on much of swing because I don't know how much of one will happen at this point. There is a lot of support in the .03 range and we will more than likely see .05 or .06 by close on friday.

drpepper14
07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm adding shares of BIEL and HEB tomorrow, and will probably adding more to CTIC this week if either HEB or BIEL stall (which I doubt @ this point)

tony
07-21-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm not even waiting on much of swing because I don't know how much of one will happen at this point. There is a lot of support in the .03 range and we will more than likely see .05 or .06 by close on friday.

You're saying BIEL could double by the end of the week?

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I'd hop on the train before it leaves the station lol

It shot right out of .03 and into .04 is up 25% this morning already

SampaGuy
07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
I smilied when HEB went on a run today,

started strong again today

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah HEB, BIEL, and CTIC all started out nicely this morning.

HEB shot up almost .25 in pre-market trading!

SampaGuy
07-21-2009, 10:31 AM
holy hell. HEB :D

SampaGuy
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Happily sold all my HEB. Don't want to be too greedy :)

Anybody going to hold on to it?

tony
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
3.44, crazy. I bought back in @ $3.10 on anticipation of the conference call tomorrow but damn I wasnt expecting it to jump like this.

tony
07-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Let me explain how my day went and why I have this big ass knot in my stomach. My brokerage calls today, said a Margin trade I made on ADLS (Meant to do cash and not Margin) the funds to secure the margin were being used it and would have been a free ride so I need to put cash in that account so it doesn't look like I was doing something illegal. I choose to sell GETA, and since the trend was downward anyway I decided to sell all.. at a loss. .34 is what I sold at.

This son bitch takes off at the end of the day, I was holding 9700 shares of which I sold earlier at .34 and it closes at .43. $900 missed in just that mishap, I walked around in circles for about an hour out of frustration.

BanginJimmy
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Happily sold all my HEB. Don't want to be too greedy :)

Anybody going to hold on to it?

I am considering selling 106 shares (half of my holdings) at a 100% profit. I really do think HEB has enough upside left for me to really regret it though. I would not be at all surprised to see it top $5 by the end of the month and $7 by the time flu season rolls in. H1N1 concerns are going to perk up more and more as flu season draws closer and I see HEB being at the forefront on it.

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I sold 2k shares of ADLS today to reinvest into HEB and BIEL because they are both just on the move right now and are not stopping soon.

I had a good day today lol

ironchef
07-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I am considering selling 106 shares (half of my holdings) at a 100% profit. I really do think HEB has enough upside left for me to really regret it though. I would not be at all surprised to see it top $5 by the end of the month and $7 by the time flu season rolls in. H1N1 concerns are going to perk up more and more as flu season draws closer and I see HEB being at the forefront on it.Do it! Lock in that piece of mind. You never know what another day will bring.

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I think there will probably be a major pullback in the morning after the HEB conference call or during the call, so i've got a buy limit order set in the low $2's because if there is pullback i'll be able to pick up cheap shares. Good news during the CC will cause this stock to more than likely see almost $5 if not $5 tomorrow.

AirMax95
07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Holy Hell! I was on 2 planes the whole day, log in to my accounts and HEB is green for me!

Now the decision in my head is to sell or continue to hold. Last trend of this nature lasted till weeks end, then tanked. I have meetings in the morning but I will keep my alerts for an approval, or at least good enough news to bump it over $5. Then, I will sell and buy back in if the news is not APPROVAL. This is one stock that has taught me a lot recently; patience and DD work.

ironchef
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Holy Hell! I was on 2 planes the whole day, log in to my accounts and HEB is green for me!

Now the decision in my head is to sell or continue to hold. Last trend of this nature lasted till weeks end, then tanked. I have meetings in the morning but I will keep my alerts for an approval, or at least good enough news to bump it over $5. Then, I will sell and buy back in if the news is not APPROVAL. This is one stock that has taught me a lot recently; patience and DD work.Set up a trailing stop order for the stock.

BanginJimmy
07-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Set up a trailing stop order for the stock.

but the question is where to set it for? I am thinking to setting a stop order at about 2.75. Still protects a very nice profit but gives me room for fluctuation.

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't see any point in selling before $5 on HEB, and even then I would just take profits, wait for a dip and reinvest. This stock is shaping up to push well through the $10 range in the near future after FDA approval and any news on contract talks, and or a buyout by a major pharma company.

I'm sitting tight and adding to my stockpile tomorrow. Once I sell HEB, all the proceeds are going to my get rich fund, aka BIEL.

If you haven't studied BIEL and done your homework, I highly suggest you do it tonight or at the crack of dawn because the price will continue to climb. I wouldn't count on it retracing its steps too much. I can see this hitting over $1 by year's end, but i'll probably take profits and possibly reinvest at .45 or .50

ironchef
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
but the question is where to set it for? I am thinking to setting a stop order at about 2.75. Still protects a very nice profit but gives me room for fluctuation.A trailing stop works in such a way that its follow the stock as it goes up, and then sells it automatically if it reaches your price floor. Its different than a regular limit order.

I.E.

Stock is currently trading at $10. You set a trailing stop for lets say a 5% drop. Thus the trailing stop will follow the stock as it goes to $10.50, $11.25, etc etc. Then if it stops at like $11.60 and drops to $11.02, the limit will be triggered, and the stock will sell. However if it stops at $11.60, drops to $11.25, and then goes back up your position will be safe from being sold to early. Though the onus is on you to decide what the trailing %age should be.

At least that's how I've seen it work.

BanginJimmy
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I know what it is, but I kind of like that solid floor of a regular stop order.

http://money.cnn.com/data/afterhours/

link to after hours quotes. HEB is still rising.

drpepper14
07-21-2009, 11:32 PM
BTW, i'm just starting some research on LLBO.

Lifeline Biotechnologies

Working on an FDA filing for an early detection system for breast cancer and ovarian cancer and has already received a patent on its technology. Also recently received a series A private placement of $125,000 to help fund FDA filings, and are working on a series B private placement of $1.5 million.

Jumped from .001 to .002 today (100%) and is beginning to look like the next BIEL, so i'm thinking of throwing some profits at it tomorrow to get in on the ground floor and see where it goes.

tony
07-22-2009, 07:24 AM
BTW, i'm just starting some research on LLBO.

Lifeline Biotechnologies

Working on an FDA filing for an early detection system for breast cancer and ovarian cancer and has already received a patent on its technology. Also recently received a series A private placement of $125,000 to help fund FDA filings, and are working on a series B private placement of $1.5 million.

Jumped from .001 to .002 today (100%) and is beginning to look like the next BIEL, so i'm thinking of throwing some profits at it tomorrow to get in on the ground floor and see where it goes.

Your suggestions have been golden as of late, gotta commend you on that. Hoping for a good day today with HEB and GETA, LLBO is on the list as well as BIEL

SampaGuy
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Lifeline Biotechnologies

Keep in mind that their product is a device though, not a drug. When a drug is filed with the FDA, it has already passed preclinical and phase 1-3 testing, so it is likely that the drug will indeed be approved by the FDA. Im not really sure how it works for devices though, but they don't mention any testing done on their website.

I have been reviewing/rewriting biotech business plans for the last 6 months at my internship and there's another couple of things that I find fishy about LLBO, but in the end it really doesn't matter lol, because we all trading on the basis of speculation.

Vteckidd
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Keep in mind that their product is a device though, not a drug. When a drug is filed with the FDA, it has already passed preclinical and phase 1-3 testing, so it is likely that the drug will indeed be approved by the FDA. Im not really sure how it works for devices though, but they don't mention any testing done on their website.

I have been reviewing/rewriting biotech business plans for the last 6 months at my internship and there's another couple of things that I find fishy about LLBO, but in the end it really doesn't matter lol, because we all trading on the basis of speculation.
ever heard anything on Greystone Pharm?

I am heavily invested in them, they make this patch that stops bleeding on contact. they are partnered with 3M and have several DOD contracts (either pending or already).

Havent gone public yet though. i bought in at $3 a share. JP Morgan WAS their underwriter. Predictions were $50-60 in the first quarter but that was 2 years ago

http://www.greystonepharmaceuticals.com/press-releases.html

drpepper14
07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Well I made a mistake today and tried to catch HEB during its pullback after the conference call...bought more @ $3.00, and didn't invest in LLBO today....and of course it jumped 100% yesterday and 265% today lol

Tomorrow...ADLS is GONE and i'm reinvesting in LLBO. $2k will buy you about 300k shares

tony
07-23-2009, 09:38 AM
So I'm at a stand still right now. Only holding GETA at the moment, its been a very bad week for me because i was chasing profits rather than letting them come to me and it has been costly. I wanted to jump in on LLBO and BIEL but to be honest they scare me, why? Because typically anything that has any of those kinds of gains end up with a pull back that is just as big, especially when there hasn't been substancial news released. (Results, Decision, etc)

Not to say they're bad positions, its just my bad week of chasing profits has me a bit weary of jumping in on something that has given big profits already this week, too nervous i'll jump in before the pullback if there is one. LLBO has paid off hugely, so has BIEL, I feel like an ass for not having invested but what can you do?

So I've seperated myself from my money for the rest of the week, its out of my reach until then and I'm reconsidering my strategy. Had I just stuck with my original plan I'd be in the green this week, but it was the impulse nature that killed me.

drpepper14
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Tony

I found myself in the red on a few stocks like BDSI, CTIC, ADLS, and now HEB, but i've sold off almost all of it (kept HEB) and reinvested in BIEL and LLBO and I think i'm going to take some profits today and go on a vacation with my wife lol

We all have good and bad weeks. BIEL is still a very good long play, LLBO's run up is on no news at all so i'm riding it while I can but have stops in place to protect profit, but the technology is huge and there have been a lot of buyouts in that sector recently.

SampaGuy
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
ever heard anything on Greystone Pharm?

No but they have already established cash flow and are selling products, so its a whole different story and a hell lot less risky than something like LLBO that is in huge debt from developing their technology without any income in over a decade.

LLBO also has no pipeline of products, only different applications (breast cancer, ovarian cancer) of the same technology. In other words they have all their eggs in one basket ( impossible for a biotech/pharma company to get any financing with this strategy, Im guessing this is the reason they went public so early)

but the technology is huge and there have been a lot of buyouts in that sector recently.

Well the whole circadian pattern thing is pretty interesting, but you can read on their website that they sold the IP rights to another company a few years ago (did they give up? or was the offer just too good to pass up? who knows). The company that bought the technology had it for 2 years and did absolutely nothing with it, and ended up selling it back to LLBO because "it wanted to focus on other things". Kinda strange.

They also definitely don't have the resources to mass produce their device if it does get FDA approved. So maybe they will sell off the technology again, get bought out, or partner with a larger diagnostics company like BD, but that part is easy once the device is approved/works as well as they say and can be sold profitably.

tony
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
From what I'm reading LLBO is a huge pump and dump, be very aware.

drpepper14
07-23-2009, 08:21 PM
very possible LLBO is a pump and dump, but i'm prepared for that and ready to get out soon if nothing changes and it keeps making incredible gains everyday.

More than likely exiting tomorrow and reinvesting into BIEL before their conference call on Tuesday which sounds like very good news.

drpepper14
07-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Once again i'm highly recommending BIEL for anyone that has done their due diligence on it. There is a major conference call coming on tuesday and in all likelihood the stock will see a significant gain between now and then on speculation, and then if there is good news (which from PR's it sounds like there def. will be) then the price will continue to rise.

I am now predicting between a .40 and .90 share price by the end of the year on BIEL if it is not bought out before then. Once I exit LLBO, which I probably will if there is no news soon on their FDA filings, the profits will be dumped into BIEL. I would like to have at least 500k of biel in the next month.

tony
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245818

Some good stuff there

tony
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
The market is teasing me now, ADLS @ .67

Was holding 4000 shares @ .50 before the end of last week.

drpepper14
07-24-2009, 06:06 PM
wish I was still in ADLS, but I really can't complain since i'm holding LLBO and BIEL, and especially holding BIEL going into the weekend with a CC on tuesday.

I'll be picking up even more BIEL on monday morning because it will be at .10 very soon. They released a PR today stating they had paid off most of their convertable debt along with a lot of other promising news.

I remember predicting the doubling from .03 to .06 by friday (today) and it closed @ .063 :)

drpepper14
07-24-2009, 07:08 PM
New pick i've been researching lately:

BZCN

Do it.

I'm going to try and pick up 6 million shares on monday. The next BIEL except it is generating revenue and has a very good business model, especially in this economy.

drpepper14
07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
After some more research, BZCN is showing the same patterns LLBO was showing before consecutive runs of 100%, 265%, 106%, and 30.71%

I will be all in monday morning

tony
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
wish I was still in ADLS, but I really can't complain since i'm holding LLBO and BIEL, and especially holding BIEL going into the weekend with a CC on tuesday.

I'll be picking up even more BIEL on monday morning because it will be at .10 very soon. They released a PR today stating they had paid off most of their convertable debt along with a lot of other promising news.

I remember predicting the doubling from .03 to .06 by friday (today) and it closed @ .063 :)

I'll be the first to admit I didn't think it could but you were right. (again) I'm in on BIEL w/ 200k shares monday, 600k on BZCN, Going to get back into GETA (I just can't let it go, its like that girlfriend that did you wrong and you gotta make things right) their Phase III trials showed positive results so its only a matter of time before the FDA approves Genasense.

drpepper14
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm still thinking about GETA because I do believe the FDA approval will come, but I believe BIEL and BZCN have much larger short term potential at the moment, so hopefully i'll be able to take profits and pickup a substantial amount of GETA shares on anticipation of approval.

Hope we get in early on BZCN monday, because this weekend's attention is only going to drive it up. I'm hopeful for .10 (dec. 2008 high) in the coming month or 2 which would then allow me to take some profit for once! I keep reinvesting everything I earn, so I see money in my trading account but my bank statement doesn't show it yet lol

tony
07-27-2009, 08:09 AM
So here we go, a better week this week.. hopefully lots of profits for everyone so we can all retire in a couple of years. :cheers:

drpepper14
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure with your picks this week you will have a much better week than last.

tony
07-27-2009, 08:15 AM
I hate waiting till 9:30 for the market to open, I've thought about getting in pre market but I've heard bad things about it.

AirMax95
07-27-2009, 08:15 AM
I am right there with you. Sadly I am not dumping as much as yourself and Drpepper are, but I am looking forward to ADLS moving up. I should have dumped HEB on the upswing and trippled up on more ADLS and GDHI.

If the week goes well, I may transfer from savings and buy in more. Also, my HEB is still with my Sharebuilder account, while all others are in Zecco. At $10 a trade I want good green before I sell.

SampaGuy
07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
I have too much going on right now so Im out of the game until I have moved back to the US in the middle of August and paid my tuition for the semester. Might still fool around with my fake account for experience haha...

drpepper14
07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah I placed a premarket order once, didn't get filled, but I wasn't aware that each trade would cost me in the $40 range to complete pre-market...i'll wait until 9:30 lol

tony
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah I placed a premarket order once, didn't get filled, but I wasn't aware that each trade would cost me in the $40 range to complete pre-market...i'll wait until 9:30 lol

Serious? I've heard of people losing thousands on pre market. But a $40 trade I'll wait for market opening too. If your picks hit what you expect by the end of the year what are your plans? I mean 100k+ shares of BIEL @ $1.. we know where that would put you. 6 Million shares of BZCN.. same thing, what would you do?

I have too much going on right now so Im out of the game until I have moved back to the US in the middle of August and paid my tuition for the semester. Might still fool around with my fake account for experience haha...

How is Germany? I'm expecting to go there next year some time.

drpepper14
07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
What would I do? Reinvest a good bit of it, but put the rest in an interest bearing account, pay off my house and school, and then have some fun.

AirMax95
07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
So are both of you in heavy on BIEL? I haven't done the DD yet, and may not have time. Should I bite?

tony
07-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Half good half bad morning, I put the decimal in the wrong place for my order for BIEL so I got in after the rise rather than before.. the pullback has me in the red but the more I research BIEL the more it is supposed to resemble NEPH which is @ $1.30 right now but was in the sub .08 range earlier this year.

tony
07-27-2009, 09:03 AM
So are both of you in heavy on BIEL? I haven't done the DD yet, and may not have time. Should I bite?

Yeah nothing but good things to be said about BIEL, it should have stopped by now if this was a pump and dump.

AirMax95
07-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Good deal; ADLS may break $1 this week *does a dance*. If it holds tight until tomorrow, I am buying a lots more.

tony
07-27-2009, 09:10 AM
F'n ADLS, I'm not looking back though.. I should've been smarter on that one and held. BZCN up 33% already this morning, I bought 625k shares at .0021

drpepper14
07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
BIEL did well today, but LLBO had it's predicted retracing for the week and BZCN didn't move much.

I'm probably going to sell off BIEL and fortify my position in both LLBO and BZCN (1 million and 10 million respectively)

tony
07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
BZCN was at 40% at one time today, i would have sold if I could move in and out instead of waiting 3 days. I saw someone today cashed in on biel, 10 million shares at .0020, sold today at .08

tony
07-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Also I have the chance to put my position in BZCN over a million tomorrow or double up on BIEL, not sure what to do. Maybe i'll go with whoever is down the most tomorrow.

drpepper14
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
BIEL is a given profit tomorrow, i'd double up if possible, and move profits into BZCN afterwards.

LLBO and BZCN will likely move up again a good bit this week once people start exiting BIEL and taking profits with them. I'm optimistic BZCN sees .25 if not more this year. Their all-time high was a jump from the same level it is now, up to 2.50 within a few weeks. Now that they are moving again and expanding, i'm keeping it in the back of my mind that this stock could be in the $1-$2 range in the near future. However that is just speculation, and with minimal news it will still be very profitable in the near future.

drpepper14
07-28-2009, 12:15 AM
BTW tony

There is a guy on the yahoo boards, ironmanthor1, who some people bash on, but he and his investment group do their homework and everything he has predicted (from what I have read) has become reality in the past few weeks.

He says BZCN is a shoe-in for .25 soon, and likes LLBO for some big moves as well. I will be fortifying my position in both over the coming weeks. I thought of completely exiting BIEL, but he also says .88 is likely in the coming months which for me would more than pay for my entire initial investment into the stock market. My wife's conditions for playing with our money was that I never lost my original investment, so just that stock should satisfy her lol

tony
07-28-2009, 07:23 AM
LLBO I got out of after a small profit but now you got me reconsidering it. They had a bad day yesterday.. I expect for it to bounce back eventually, like I said whichever takes off the slowest today I'll probably invest in.

AirMax95
07-28-2009, 08:33 AM
HEB makes me frustrated.....very frustrated! I pray for another upswing to get me into the green, then i am selling unless they approve that beast.

ADLS is up already!

tony
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Bought 7k BIEL on the dip, .083 and now at .093. .15 is expected by the end of the week, 2 days into this week already makes up for the crap I did last week.

AirMax95
07-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I have to get it back tomorrow. I was in BIEL 3 weeks ago, and got out. DOH!

tony
07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I step out for a second and theres a big drop.. i guess that is to be expected, oh well. When you're long I guess you get used to it.

drpepper14
07-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah i'm not really even watching the market closely today because I have set up my long positions and don't want to drive myself crazy watching them dip down on low days.

tony
07-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm going to go ahead and average down today.. buy while its low.

AirMax95
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.stockhideout.com/forum.php

Good site with plenty of good info and small caps.

tony
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Another down day for BZCN, adding 500k shares to put me at 1.5mil shares. I'll be in Charleston, SC for 3 months.. hopefully I'll come back to some good profits by the time I come back.

AirMax95
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I need a realtime pro tool to track the penny stock swings (every second if possible). Anything out there that won't cost me an arm & leg?

tony
07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I have no clue, I just use various websites. Honestly I don't know if it is a good or bad thing to watch the market closely day in and day out.. I don't know if my heart could take it.

AirMax95
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Ha ha, tell me about it. I have a bad habit of clicking refresh every 5 minutes or less. Penny stocks are ones that you can click refresh several times in 30sec and see big swings.

drpepper14
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
refresh every 5 minutes? I have stints where that button gets clicked 10 times a minute.

I really like etrade pro's interface. Once you make so many trades in a quarter or have over 50k in your account, you get access to it for free. I just started using it yesterday and it is a very nice tool to track with.

BZCN and LLBO down again today, but in 3 months Tony you will likely have a very nice surprise waiting in your portfolio with BZCN and more than likely LLBO as well.

LLBO is supposed to file with the FDA by the end of the week. If there is no news on monday I think i'm exiting that stock, but i'm waiting through the end of the week in hopes that the promised "end of july" FDA filing will happen.

tony
07-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Just trying to be like you with 10 million shares lol. You will be a rich man very soon.

drpepper14
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah i'm hoping to finish grad school and then retire and just trade with my profits for the rest of my life.

I've got an uncle who does the same thing and man that would be the life. My "job" would consist of waking up before 9:30, walking to my office, and then shut it down @ 4...that's if I wasn't out and about keeping up with everything on etrade mobile pro lol

When, and I mean WHEN BZCN hits it big, we are all going out for dinner to celebrate retirement lol

drpepper14
07-29-2009, 06:08 PM
actually, i'll probably still keep my installer job @ best buy part-time so I can keep my sweet discount lol

tony
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Hoping for a better day today.. if not I'll just buy more and stockpile more and sit on it. At this point I'm only buying shares for the next 3 months, no selling till targets are hit. The economy is in a recovery, BZCN will benefit from that recovery. BIEL has some good stuff lined up going into December. (I believe a pending FDA decision, the run up should be nice)

AirMax95
07-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, I just got out of HEB, losing $100. Talks of more dilution made me sick. If the dip is low enough I will buy back in using Zecco. Pretty much wanted to leave Sharebuilder anyway. Live and learn.

BanginJimmy
07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, I just got out of HEB, losing $100. Talks of more dilution made me sick. If the dip is low enough I will buy back in using Zecco. Pretty much wanted to leave Sharebuilder anyway. Live and learn.

I have been having those some feelings. I really want to wait to see how things shake out come flu season though before I act.

drpepper14
07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah I exited HEB the beginning of this week with a small profit and put it into BZCN.

LLBO and BZCN both had green days today. I think BZCN has seen it's low and LLBO also indicates that it will be on the move up again.

tony
07-30-2009, 07:21 PM
I had a buy order at .0012 for BZCN but I didn't think it would hit that so I set it for .0013, averaged down with 419k shares.

drpepper14
07-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah I wish I could avg down right now, but i'm waiting on funds to clear and don't want to pull anything out of BIEL or LLBO @ the moment.

With and FDA filing announcement, LLBO could see .05 to .10 the way it is moving right now, so I would probably exit, avg down on bzcn, and take my initial investment out so my wife won't bother me about it anymore lol

tony
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah I'm not getting married till October so I still have a couple of months to do as I please with the funds then it is on lockdown.

drpepper14
07-31-2009, 11:39 PM
haha well enjoy it!

Hopefully when BZCN pays off i'll have plenty so the wife just doesn't even ask about our investments anymore! She'll be too busy spending the money and not worried about a measly 500k being traded daily lol

tony
08-01-2009, 12:24 PM
lol Mine is happy as long as she gets the house she wants.. after then I am good. She knows I've pretty much handled the finances thus far so I don't get a whole lot of questions about finances.

I've worked pretty hard through school, work and the Air Force (all at the same time) I am just ready for a nice payoff so I can take my foot off of the pedal a little bit. I got my first grade under a B this past semester because I'm doing entirely too much. Like I said before I am going with a plan and sticking to it, currently that plan is to not sell ANYTHING unless it is absolutely critical.

I look at positions like EXPH and BEHL, just a month ago EXPH was at current BZCN levels, if you invested $20k your return would be over 6 figures by now.. I'm sure there are people who got out.. or who are getting out now that shouldn't have. BEHL, same thing except a larger return, at .0010 2 Million shares bought with $2000.. this was back in April. Today BEHL is at .10, $198,000 made from of a $2k investment and BEHL is still on the rise probably headed toward .25.

When I see BZCN or BIEL drop I just look at those previous charts, they all dropped before they went back up. There is a big risk here but patience weathers the risk.

ironchef
08-03-2009, 09:08 AM
BAC surpassed my $14.75, now at $15.30.

C is at $3.24, lagging behind where I thought it was going to be. But, its in an uptrend, so lets see where this goes.

drpepper14
08-04-2009, 07:34 PM
HEY! BZCN finally closed in the green today lol

Still a long term play for me as always (2-4 months at least)

LLBO is still trading kinda sideways and down, but i'm still sitting on it because this is what it did before it's last 900+% jump.

tony
08-04-2009, 08:04 PM
BZCN is going to pay off well, I'm sure of it.. just waiting for some financial results to come out.

What the hell happened to ADLS? I didnt even see the drop, now the loss that I took didn't seem so bad.

drpepper14
08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah i'm glad I got out around .50 lol!

Once BZCN releases this Q's financials, and End of Year statements, it will def take off. I believe it will see the .25-.30 range in the next few months. I'm hoping for more, but as I accumulate shares and avg down, anything over .02 or .03 will give me a great year lol

tony
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I think about this though, say your target on BZCN is .25, you're holding 2 million shares and it hits .10, are you really going to stay all in or take some profits? My situation as it is today, it would be really hard to overlook $200k in the bank to wait for a higher target. Honestly I believe at that point I sell 3/4ths of what I have and let the rest play out.

tony
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I will say with BIEL I'm willing to be real patient, even if it takes a year or so. Seems like there is a lot of potential for a good run with BIEL and I'd like to get out at just the right time.

drpepper14
08-04-2009, 10:09 PM
The plan for BZCN is to take my original investment and play on house money. Also when it hits .30 I will be selling at least half of what I have and investing a large sum into BIEL because I doubt it will be over .50 by the end of the year, but it has a very realistic chance of seeing 1-$5 over the next 12 months.

So I sell 5 million shares at .30, which nets me 1.5 million, and then i'll put 100k into BIEL and some other stocks, and take the rest to the bank. If I don't see a larger upside, then i'll sell all of my BZCN @ .30 and put even more into BIEL in hopes of doubling my profits with further FDA filings and huge US sales of BIEL's products

tony
08-05-2009, 05:20 AM
The thing that concerns me is capital gains taxes, between federal and state its almost at 15% unless you're holding for over a year, then its 15%.

ironchef
08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Just be careful guys. Penny stocks usually, about 99.9% of the time, have one quick, nice rise and then fade into obscurity. Make sure you play it safe.

AirMax95
08-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Just be careful guys. Penny stocks usually, about 99.9% of the time, have one quick, nice rise and then fade into obscurity. Make sure you play it safe.

Exactly....I learned using 'trial by error', but I learned :D

tony
08-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Limit orders are in place.. I learned my lesson on missing out.. even though I did manage to sell HEB @ $4.50

drpepper14
08-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah i've got my limit sell orders in place as well to take profits, but I keep an eye on drops everyday because i've watched level II trading a lot lately and seen that in BIEL, LLBO, and BZCN, market makers love to take a look at set sell orders and take them out in order to take your shares....

So it is taking a risk, but it is also taking a risk to put in lower limit orders and have mm's manipulate the market to knock out your orders and take your shares. Leaving you empty handed when the stock rebounds after the manipulation is over

tony
08-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah i've got my limit sell orders in place as well to take profits, but I keep an eye on drops everyday because i've watched level II trading a lot lately and seen that in BIEL, LLBO, and BZCN, market makers love to take a look at set sell orders and take them out in order to take your shares....

So it is taking a risk, but it is also taking a risk to put in lower limit orders and have mm's manipulate the market to knock out your orders and take your shares. Leaving you empty handed when the stock rebounds after the manipulation is over

MM's can gladly take out my limit order.. but then again its nowhere near the current levels. Pretty frustrating to see something you're so vested in get manipulated but that is the risk of Penny stocks. Personally I'm a go big or go home type of guy, 30% to 40% gains here and there are nice but I just can't sit idle when I see positions like BEHL and EXPH.

drpepper14
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't know if we are on the same page.

I'm all for limit sell orders above the current price in order to take profit, but i'm talking about limit sell orders below the current price in order to protect yourself from losses. MM's see those lower limits, dip down below them, and then buy your shares which causes the stock to reverse again.

stock trading at .05, you have limit order @ .03...MM's drop it to .0295, take your shares, and it goes back to .05. You wouldn't have lost any money, but now you have no shares and took a loss.

Basically in pinks, the MM's control the game by watching people's limit orders. If you want to see manipulation at it's finest take a look @ LLBO lately.

ironchef
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
MM's can gladly take out my limit order.. but then again its nowhere near the current levels. Pretty frustrating to see something you're so vested in get manipulated but that is the risk of Penny stocks. Personally I'm a go big or go home type of guy, 30% to 40% gains here and there are nice but I just can't sit idle when I see positions like BEHL and EXPH.After having a run with the penny stocks, I'd gladly take a consistent 30-40% return any day of the week then the wild goose chase that is the pennies.

drpepper14
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
consistent 30-40% return is nice, but you also can't deny the presence of 25000% returns if you get into a moving pinky

tony
08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know if we are on the same page.

I'm all for limit sell orders above the current price in order to take profit, but i'm talking about limit sell orders below the current price in order to protect yourself from losses. MM's see those lower limits, dip down below them, and then buy your shares which causes the stock to reverse again.

stock trading at .05, you have limit order @ .03...MM's drop it to .0295, take your shares, and it goes back to .05. You wouldn't have lost any money, but now you have no shares and took a loss.

Basically in pinks, the MM's control the game by watching people's limit orders. If you want to see manipulation at it's finest take a look @ LLBO lately.

If you look at VNDA on May the 6th it is exactly what you are talking about.. the stock shot up then dropped 50% out of nowhere, set off a good portion of stop losses then went right back to where it was. I'm sure MM's were able to pick up those shares and double down on their investment, its certainly a dirty game.

All of my limit orders are above current levels, the dips don't bother me, except for the fact that I wish I had more money on hand to buy at certain times. When BZCN hit .0010 this week I was PISSED I didnt have the funds available to buy another million at the time. But I'm being patient because I feel there is a dip or two left in there for the future. This is all nothing more than picking a strategy and sticking to it, I am in it for the long run so the voilatility isn't so much of a concern for me.

drpepper14
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
That is exactly how I play it.

I invest in a company after doing my due diligence. As long as nothing fundamental has changed in a stock, I take the dips to avg down and add to my position and just wait for it to rise again.

I think BZCN is going to make a little run here over the next few days to a week and then will likely see another large dip. It will probably continue this until financials are released, so i'm going to take every opportunity I can to add to my position.

Sure would love to be in the 20 to 25 million range before quarterly results come out. But without taking into account any BIEL or LLBO profits, I will probably only have 10-15 million

drpepper14
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
BZCN had a PR today which didn't do much for the stock, but a second PR released by its parent company ARIO after hours revealed some nice sales numbers!

Down from last year, but what isn't down from last yr? Can't wait for the next 2 quarters!!!!

tony
08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I feel bad for saying this but I hope there is a little bit of a selloff tomorrow, I was looking to pick up another million shares @ .0010, no telling how the market will react to this news but I think it will be a positive outcome.

drpepper14
08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
haha I think picking up another million @ any level tomorrow would be a good move on your part. I think you will see a dip, but probably not to .0010, at least not tomorrow

ironchef
08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
C hit my $4 target today, sold it, and locked in my 30% return. If I could do this once a month, that would be great.

tony
08-07-2009, 03:37 PM
C hit my $4 target today, sold it, and locked in my 30% return. If I could do this once a month, that would be great.

Looks like BAC and AIG had a good week too, something in me told me that the financials would have a nice bounce eventually.

ironchef
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Yea financials are always good for nice swing trades. I think in the coming weeks they will stabilize a little, and maybe drop down. At which point, I'd look to pick them up, and playing the 3Q earnings run.

drpepper14
08-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Havin a convo with a good source this weekend, so we will see where I lie with LLBO on monday.

Thinking of dropping it to get into BIEL and BZCN a little more. Thinking I might be stacking back up on BIEL for the time being just to recoup some losses on LLBO since it is pretty much a great investment at this point in time. Will see .20 to .50 here in the next month or two and then I will invest some more into BZCN

However, this all depends on how my conversation goes with this guy and after crunching some more numbers in comparison to time frames. Don't want to put too much into BIEL and miss the opportunity to load up on BZCN before it takes off.

New goal is 15 to 20 million shares of BZCN before the next financial reports are released. If that happens, .12 might be my new exit point to lock in some nice profits...if not, i'll probably still try and ride to .25-.30.

tony
08-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking .12 might be my breaking point with BZCN too.. I was telling my fiance that earlier. It would be hard to see it hit .12 and then hold out for .25.

I'd like to load up on BIEL but the ROI with BZCN would be so much better and I believe we're close to the botton with BZCN.

ironchef
08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Picked up some FRE this morning at 1.22, sold at 1.35. Nice, quick 10%, w00t.

ironchef
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Looks like I sold FRE a little early, upto $1.68 now. Oh well, can't complain about profit though. Hardest lesson to learn in trading.

tony
08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Not much action for me today, just did some buying adding to my current position.

drpepper14
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Sold LLBO and added to current position in BZCN and picked up 1.5 million AMNE...due for a big pop by next week and has a pretty high potential to be bought out in the range of $1-$5

Currently trades @ .0013

tony
08-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Be careful with AMNE, they just did a forward split which put 10 times the number of shares out there than there was before. With the number of outstanding shares a large gain will most likely be a pump and dump rather than a legitimate run.

tony
08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I thought about adding AMNE but the dilution just has me hesitant, when all of the additional shares are distributed I believe there will be a rise but its hard for me to see it as a long term investment. If its still around .0013 friday I'll pick up some shares with a serious limit order in place.

BanginJimmy
08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, I have officially gotten cold feet with HEB and sold off more than half of my remaining shares.

In other news, I had about 500 shares of Freddie Mac that I didnt dump in time before the freefall. I knew that with the current administration that Freddie wouldnt fail so I decided to keep what I had and see what happened. It jumped .95 today (128%) to bring my total profit to about 16%. I plan to sit for a couple more days to see if it continues to trend upwards. I have a feeling that another month or 2 with better than expected home sales will be coming and freddie will be there to see the profits from it.

drpepper14
08-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I somewhat disagree with your stance on AMNE, Tony.

They didn't dilute (like LLBO is doing BIG TIME), but rather kept the stock holder's interest in mind by doing the 5:1 Forward split which is a set number of additional shares, with no more dilution to come.

Most people have their shares already and the price is still steady which is a good sign that something is going right. Every forward/reverse split i've seen lately has caused a massive tanking of the pps the following days.

They are also about to become a partner with Alderman Research, which also partners with owens corning (the possible buyout candidates)
I'm going to keep a very close eye on this one and not hesitate to take profits when I can, but I honestly see this having a much larger upswing than BZCN in the near future.

tony
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong.. which wouldn't be the first time that has happened. In for the eventual pop next week.

ironchef
08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Bought 5050 of FNM this morning at $1.0715, sold it at $1.296. Nice 20% in 20 minutes :).

zspeed24
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Has anyone looked at AGIBY its an irish bank i bought in at .09 and now is up to .79 at end of yesterday. i haven't been in market for long just like to play a little bit. from what i have read seems to be the best of the worst in the irish banking world. Pretty sure they hold most if not all of the property mortgages in the country makes it kinda hard to lose out...

drpepper14
08-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Good info should be coming out in the next week or two with AMNE...looking to make some decent money, currently holding almost 7 million shares.

Plan is to get out in the next few weeks and catch BIEL on the run before FDA approval is announce and then transfer profits to BZCN to wait for financial statements @ the end of the year.

Short term goal is to pull around 200k in profits before the new year, we will see what happens

drpepper14
08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Hate to say it, but i'm happy that BIEL, AMNE, and BZCN are trading sideways for the time being.

Gives me time to invest more money into AMNE especially @ this level before it pops next week. good info that there is a large announcement coming on monday for BIEL, but I hope not so I have time to transfer AMNE profits into it.

We will see how it goes. Worst case scenario I will still make some nice money on an AMNE pop and then just get into BIEL on the run up

tony
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I've been away from the computer the past couple of days so I am not caught up on everything that is going on. I'd like for these things to stay as low as possible till I have the position I want but I doubt that will happen, well maybe with BZCN. I didn't get a chance to buy AMNE and I am still holding BIEL to see what happens, hopefully next week is a better week.

drpepper14
08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I think if you can buy AMNE at .0012, which is pretty easy right now, then you are in a really good position for this week/next week's pop

You've got a month or maybe almost 2 to get into BZCN. Financials is what moves that company.

BIEL, it is possible it explodes this week

ironchef
08-15-2009, 04:30 PM
What about AMNE makes you think it will explode?

drpepper14
08-15-2009, 04:38 PM
coming announcement of further expansion into more states, and once they announce all shares are settled from the forward split then things will start moving again.

I like it for the simple fact that even after a split, this stock is trading sideways and up

tony
08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
TYRIA is next on my list, nice earnings report that just came out and should go up to the .0025 - .0030 range.

Currently at .0004

The Ninja
08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I think I'm going to start dedicating more time to stocks. I took it up back in April, but I fell off of it due to being overwhelmed and occupied with other shit. I think this coming semester will be good for me to learn what i need to know, and refresh my memory on what I thought I knew.

drpepper14
08-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Just checking in with everyone.

AMNE has an awesome base formed now and should see .01 to .02 soon.

BIEL is now completely debt free and has 510k filings and an FDA approval coming soon.

BZCN is still sitting low, right where it should be, poised to explode when earnings come out and Christmas rolls around

tony
08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Still sitting on BZCN, I was going to buy today @ .0009 but I went with TYRIA, 2.96 million shares. The thing I like about this company is the share price does not reflect the value of the stock, and the company is a legit one that generates revenue, they just do not hire a PR firm to pump the price up, they let their financials tell the story.

BIEL I am holding as well, i figure this is just that in between time where you watch trhe prices go up and down while holding.

tony
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Rough week, that is all I can say, really rough.

BanginJimmy
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Rough week, that is all I can say, really rough.

Been a pretty good one for me through the first 2 days. I just purchased another 400 and change shares of Freddie Mac.

drpepper14
08-26-2009, 12:44 AM
my week has been so-so but i'm waiting on a pop from AMNE who just revamped their website today and are making a huge sales push right now.

BZCN is still something that i'm holding off on right now until financials get closer because I see the pps falling a few more points before then.

Have a nice pick coming up in the next 2 weeks that i'm researching right now along with some other well respected investors i've come in contact with...will let you know when the time comes.

BIEL took a hit today, but I half expected it to take another drop before FDA news and 510k news hits. Inside info is that they are close to being featured on the Tyra show, and have been requested by Harpo studios to send products to Oprah for her to review for a spot on her show.

ironchef
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Making some good coin scalping here and there. Up 67% in about 1.5 months. It just makes more sense to actively trade and pick up 10-15% per trade, then to tie down the money waiting for the 10 bagger. Hell if you compound a 20% trade 10 times, thats already 6 times your original investment.

tony
08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Making some good coin scalping here and there. Up 67% in about 1.5 months. It just makes more sense to actively trade and pick up 10-15% per trade, then to tie down the money waiting for the 10 bagger. Hell if you compound a 20% trade 10 times, thats already 6 times your original investment.

I had that strategy at first and I'm starting to look at past solid investments that gave 10% here and there and you're right, I'd be up much more than I am now. Hard situation now though because I'm vested in the new strategy and wont pll out for a specified amount of time. I'll go back t steady 10-15% after the holiday season.

ironchef
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Yea this go around I've stayed away from the pennies. Just playing big boards that get a lot of volume, i.e. C, FRE, ETFC, etc etc.

drpepper14
08-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah I plan on bailing on a few of my pennies at the end of the year and with the profits i'll stick mostly to high volume, established stocks to day trade...and dabble in a penny or two because they sure are exciting

jR1_kS14
08-30-2009, 12:44 AM
AIG....

reverse split. lulz

SampaGuy
09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Just got off the phone and scored an interview next week for an internship at a private hedge fund... fuck yeah. Wish me luck, then if i learn anything ill share it with you guys haha.

tony
09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Just got off the phone and scored an interview next week for an internship at a private hedge fund... fuck yeah. Wish me luck, then if i learn anything ill share it with you guys haha.

Congrats and good luck. :goodjob:

ironchef
09-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Awesome dude, good luck. Are they in Atlanta?

SampaGuy
09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Awesome dude, good luck. Are they in Atlanta?

Yep, in a high-rise downtown on peachtree. Pretty sweet lol. Now I'm gonna brush up on any basic terminology which I might have forgotten and read the news and what not, just in case I get quizzed at the interview.

ironchef
09-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Make sure you know the Black-Scholes option pricing model, lulz. I've heard thats a very popular question.

SampaGuy
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Make sure you know the Black-Scholes option pricing model, lulz. I've heard thats a very popular question.

Shit I didn't know what that was haha. But supposedly they are "value investors", so I think I should focus more on fundamentals (company valuations, balance sheet reading, etc) rather than technical/momentum trading stuff.

ironchef
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Hedge Fund and value investors don't belong in the same sentence :-P.

SampaGuy
09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Couldn't a penny stock be considered a value investment? lol

I guess I gotta be ready for anything...

drpepper14
09-03-2009, 11:59 PM
well biel might be starting a big run tomorrow morning, and if not, they have some BIG news coming next week.

Also, I took a deeper look into CTIC and they have quite a few LARGE institutional investors which has raised my interest in them once again. I will be taking profits from biel and investing there shortly.

AMNE has more news coming out next week as well and it could easily start a little run to .01 or .02 (i have 7 million shares, so that works for me)

Also, I am watching JEDM and will be buying in if it drops in the .02 to .05 range and riding it to the .2x range where I will exit until it drops once again (possible pump and dump, but they are doing a good job of sustaining it, so I will take profits from it while they are available)

tony
09-04-2009, 11:00 AM
CTIC I often look at and wonder if I should have sold my shares.. solid company with some good things in the pipeline.

drpepper14
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I wish I hadn't sold mine, but i'm going to try and pick up a lot more here in the near future.

I believe with the right things going for them, this could break the $10 to $15 range over the next 6 months

drpepper14
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
So BIEL has a lot of good news coming out this week and this month is going to be crazy. Closed @ .08 today and is only going to go up from here.

New pick: BMGP
Company has been dormant for quite some time now, but with good info I bought in recently and they come out with their first PR in a long time today because they are finally out of the R&D process and having conversations with some big partners now. Stock is going to move up a good bit in coming days/weeks.

AMNE released a PR about it's first big delivery in FL today, i'm still long on this one with 7 million shares and it going to start moving up soon.

drpepper14
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Biel was up to over .12 today and closed over .11...picking up more and more shares as it goes along and trying to trade it daily to accumulate a much larger position.

Next week will see .15 at least

tony
09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
BIEL, I am still holding but this was a hard one to figure out where I wanted my position. My dilema was that I want to maintain my position in BZCN and TYRIA of which have a LOT of potential but BIEL was solid.

I could have easily put all my money into BIEL and ride that out but I didn't want to miss the boat on BZCN. So my strategy was to play both, whichever pops first and hits my target I'd invest into the other, and I am sticking to that. Its just that if I had invested all into BIEL I'd be at double my investment rather than down on BZCN.

A good week nonetheless, my portfolio is higher after yesterday than it has been in months.

drpepper14
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
I couldn't handle the losses in BZCN and will be taking profits from biel to bzcn before financials and then back to biel.

Verik
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I couldn't handle the losses in BZCN and will be taking profits from biel to bzcn before financials and then back to biel.

I believe BIEL will be solid in the short term future to come. Odds are this will be approved and open a very large and new OTC market to them.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0534491.htm

tony
09-16-2009, 05:46 PM
So GETA hit .60 today, kicking myself in the ass for selling my 10,000 shares @ 37.5 but I believe it still has a lot of steam going for it.